Beware malicious emails

Search This thread

kidrobot52

Oct 12, 2010
NYC
I just received this email from my wife (which her account seems hacked she's a iPhone user)

Linking me to a website that wants to download an app.

Name of apk
security.Update.Patch.apk

According to this http://www.techhive.com/article/254918/notcompatible_android_trojan_what_you_need_to_know.html

So be on the look out in your mail and not download anything or click on any links. Even from trusted emails.

Mods if this is in the wrong section key me know. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

kidrobot52

Oct 12, 2010
NYC
I think this is a ploy for you to install there software

No ploy. Just putting the info out. As you can see by my info. Been on XDA for a couple years with plenty of devices. Just trying to put the that out. That website leads to info about the Trojan. Which I almost downloaded last night.

marksedge

Apr 6, 2011
Long Beach
Dang ...I got that email to as well ...crazy part is they used my yahoo account to send to my entire contact list ...had to blast off a crazy message not to download or install and I've been hacked :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received this email from my wife (which her account seems hacked she's a iPhone user)

Linking me to a website that wants to download an app.

Name of apk
    security.Update.Patch.apk

According to this http://www.techhive.com/article/254918/notcompatible_android_trojan_what_you_need_to_know.html

So be on the look out in your mail and not download anything or click on any links. Even from trusted emails.

Mods if this is in the wrong section key me know. Thank you

2014 and still using yahoo. Come on guys! My sisters yahoo account got compromised as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk