Someone please clarify!

Search This thread

Franteeko

Jul 1, 2010
So I've been pouring over this board for a few days now and I'm having a hard time finding accurate information that pertains to me.

Heres what I've got:

xt907 - Bootloader Unlocked, TWRP Custom Recovery, Rooted with some bloat removed.

System Version - 98.16.3.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Now, I cant seem to find any instructions on how to update to Kitkat. There seems to be 10 different methods for getting the 4.4 OTA onto the phone but I cant find one that I'm confident in doing. It seems like there are two different OTA depending on which JB version you're on.

Does anyone have the OTA files that I need and some instructions on what I need to do to successfully flash over to it?

I read that this update re-locks bootloader. I also read that it didnt...

Help! Thanks everyone =D

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
So I've been pouring over this board for a few days now and I'm having a hard time finding accurate information that pertains to me.

Heres what I've got:

xt907 - Bootloader Unlocked, TWRP Custom Recovery, Rooted with some bloat removed.

Now, I cant seem to find any instructions on how to update to Kitkat. There seems to be 10 different methods for getting the 4.4 OTA onto the phone but I cant find one that I'm confident in doing. It seems like there are two different OTA depending on which JB version you're on.

Does anyone have the OTA files that I need and some instructions on what I need to do to successfully flash over to it?

Help! Thanks everyone =D

OTA's DO NOT RE-LOCK BOOTLOADERS.
Use the FXZ in the development section to update to 4.4.2.

Franteeko

Jul 1, 2010

Thank you! The instructions for this process are a little tough for me to understand. Is there just one XML that needs to be flashed using RSD Lite? I was reading on some of the posts that the XML needed to be modified before I flashed.

Do I need to be on stock recovery or flash to stock JB before I do this?

Also, I've never used RSD Lite. Is it a pretty striaghforward program? I cant seem to find which version is the most recent one and where I can download it.

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Thank you! The instructions for this process are a little tough for me to understand. Is there just one XML that needs to be flashed using RSD Lite? I was reading on some of the posts that the XML needed to be modified before I flashed.

Also, I've never used RSD Lite. Is it a pretty striaghforward program? I cant seem to find which version is the most recent one and where I can download it.

RSD Lite is really easy to use, It's literally 2 buttons. 1 to locate the FXZ and 1 to start the process. You dont need to be stock or anything to flash a FXZ and FXZ's are more then a xml file, It's the complete system. As far as editing the .xml... I dont see a need to do that. I never do it.

RSDLite

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Heres what I've got:

Help! Thanks everyone =D

RSD Lite is really easy to use, It's literally 2 buttons. 1 to locate the FXZ and 1 to start the process. You dont need to be stock or anything to flash a FXZ and FXZ's are more then a xml file, It's the complete system. As far as editing the .xml... I dont see a need to do that. I never do it.

RSDLite