USB adapters, Samsung Geniune vs generic

Search This thread

bar_rodoy

Oct 12, 2011
Hey. As my G Tab 10.1 making its way the my home from the USA in these days, I want to buy a USB adatper. I looked at Ebay and I found a lot of generic USB adapters, which cost about 5 $ and the Samsung Genuine adapter at about 20 $. Is there realy a different between a genuine one to a generic one?

bar_rodoy

Oct 12, 2011
Thanks. I think I will go for the generic one. Is there a chance it will damage my device?

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
I suppose any thing unofficial has the potential to do some damage, shorting something out etc... But I think you'll be extremely unlucky if that happened, as I'm sure they sell them to 100s if not 1000s people and not only for one type of tablet.

Swyped from my finger, to your face on my Samsung Galaxy Note, using Tapatalk!

dextroamphetamine

Jan 28, 2012
I just got a bunch ordered off eBay and they were only 1 amp. Tablets will not charge on 1A without a hack (galaxytabhacks.com/galaxy-tab-10-1-hacks/how-to-enable-usb-charging-on-your-computer-and-all-usb-charging-adapters-on-your-galaxy-tab-10-1/) but I suspect you will ruin your battery that way, Samsung disabled it for a reason I would imagine.

Li

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
on plaza i saw usb adapter 5in1 for g tab 10.1 ?

any body use 5 in 1 adapter?

give me opinion
:confused:

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

this stuff very recommended but can't ship to my country
:rolleyes:

Saw that on amz. It had lousy reviews. The top review said it was flimsy or made the tab feel flimsy.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

fedorflasnik

Jan 26, 2012
Senec
Hi there guys.

I just got this little USB OTG adaptor and it works like a charm.
I have tested it with my Corsair Voyager 16GB Flash and many others USB Flash Keys and no problem at all...

GalaxyTab%2520OTG.jpg

I have it from here:
Code:
http://stores.ebay.com/E-Cell-Global?_trksid=p4340.l2563

craigccfl

Mar 5, 2011
$30 gets an SD and USB OEM reader. That does not break the bank for most of us. I bought an extra after market power cored, longer than the stock one. Does not charge when hooked up to the PC and yes, I've rooted the USB script to charge when hooked up to the PC. Yet the stock power cored works fine.

Go figure. From now on I'm a OEM purchaser with the exception of brand names like Logitec and others.

Hi there guys.

I have tested it with my Corsair Voyager 16GB Flash and many others USB Flash Keys and no problem at all...

GalaxyTab%2520OTG.jpg

I have it from here:
Code:

Does it charges your tablet if you plug an USB charger ?
Can you connect an USB cable to your PC and use it for file transfer ?

capufo

Jul 13, 2011
Hi there guys.

GalaxyTab%2520OTG.jpg

I have it from here:
Code:

I got one back in December and I have to say, I really like it. At first I was afraid it was not going to work, but once it arrived and I tried it with my sandisk flash drive 8gb and my other 3 flash drives. I was really happy with the outcome and how easy it is to use it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only real difference is build quality, they work just the same.