[Q] My HTC Sensation Keeps Shutting Down

Search This thread
S

status_six

Try to reproduce the issue after reverting to stock via ruu? Then you know if its hardware or software.

Sent from my Pyramid-T

joogle

Dec 26, 2010
I'm the OP who started the thread, what resolved my Issue was moving to ICS.

I installed the Android Revolution HD ICS rom. Hopefully for other it helps in the upgrade as well.

MANTI5

Nov 20, 2011
I'm having the same problems along with seemingly random reboots. Completely stock with an anker battery.

anjeludo

Feb 23, 2011
Hi,

I have the same problem since I updated to ICS. I came back to GB but this problem kept on. Fortunately, I fixed it setting my network mode to 3g only.

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
my dad's sensation 4g from bell canada has had this issue as well, stock, stock, stock. gingerbread still.

he had HTC send him a new battery, didnt help.

over a week and a half ago, changed the launcher from sense to ADW, and has not had a shutdown since.

he thinks it may also be the beautiful widget he added at the same time, but i tell him no..., he thinks the shutdown issue may have started when he removed one of the stock widgets.. but no... launcher... maybe.

not saying it is a fix, but possible, waiting for official ICS OTA before we void the warranty, in case it is a hardware issue.

droy.cms

Jul 10, 2011
I thought updating to ICS fixed my shutdown issues but they continued. After some trial and error I think I discovered that juice defender was causing my phone to shut off. I haven't been using it now for more than a week and no more shutdowns. Anyone else with shutdown problems using juice defender?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

derricancy

Mar 29, 2012
Hi - my HTC Sensation phone keeps shutting down on it's own randomly.

By shut down I mean screen goes blank, it powers down, only way to start again is to take out the battery and reinsert.

I am using stock battery that came with the phone.

It's happened 6-7 times in like 2 weeks. I can't determine what is causing it, I did notice it was twice when i used the camera and once skype.

The temperate in battery monitor widget appear normal, no like sudden jump that would indicate the shut down.

It is running 2.3.4 with Android revolution Rom.

Any help/assistance would be appreciated.

Lastly, for HTC repairs, what do they require, store receipt,etc.?

just reflash the ROM and I think the problem will be solved...

robert_3EC

Dec 27, 2011
I've had the same issue for around two weeks now. The phone just keeps randomly shutting down, sometimes when fully charged, but mostly around 20-30% charge. The battery also seems to drain awfully fast when going online. I can get 1-2 hours at most when browsing.

Tried turning off 2G, reflashing ROM, installing new ROM, flashing new kernel, factory reset, nothing seems to work.

Completely draining the battery, pulling it out, placing it back and then fully charging the phone while turned off seems to fix it for a day or two, but then the issue comes back. I have no idea what's causing it.

I'm using ARHD 6.6.4 XE with faux kernel right now. I don't have any task killers, battery widgets or anything, just stock apps ARHD comes with.

Screenshot_2012-05-13-07-42-43.jpg
Screenshot_2012-05-14-19-05-33.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to mention that sometimes the phone just starts taking random screenshots by itself, and then the battery drains completely and the phone shuts down. That happened around three times now.

Last edited:

walo1

Jan 6, 2011
Paris
Battery not fixed!!!

I had the same issue with my htc keeping shutting down, and I found a workaround (can't find the link:( ).
It looks there is a problem with the battery which is not fitting properly on the HTC sensation and sometimes the pins doesn't have a good contact on the phone. You can try to put a small piece of paper to push the battery and avoid it loosing contact with the phone.

I tried this method one week ago, and the phone doens't reboot anymore :)

rinuz

Nov 29, 2007
Sensation shuts down

Hi there,

Having the same problems here..
Using Android_Revolution_HD-Sensation_6.6.3_XE with the bundled kernel
First it seemed like the 2G network was causing the troubles, when setting to only 3G it was getting better, but after some time it seemed like navigating using google navigation was a problem as well, in fact any application using GPS seemed to shut down the phone.
Now it seems like the phone shuts down, even with only 3G, and disabling GPS...
Don't know how to narrow the problem down more..
Should I try the latest ARHD, maybe without sense? Or should I try a completely different ROM?

Regards.

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
Sometimes if the battery has any play or wiggle in It's housing it will break contact and shut down. If this is the case you can wedge a small piece of paper between battery and caseing and this will re establish the contact and keep it snug so you no longer get reboots. Please check the battery and see if this might be your issue. Best wishes hope this helps!

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rinuz

rinuz

Nov 29, 2007
Seems to make some difference!
Almost a day now without shut down

Thanks!

Sometimes if the battery has any play or wiggle in It's housing it will break contact and shut down. If this is the case you can wedge a small piece of paper between battery and caseing and this will re establish the contact and keep it snug so you no longer get reboots. Please check the battery and see if this might be your issue. Best wishes hope this helps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did and still have the issue. I have it with every sense Rom

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium

thats because as soon as u near 3800mv the battery cant deliver the mah that the phone needs... thats why anker is better more mah is less mv abuse

anker more mah drain = goes slower
    stock more mv drain = goes faster