[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.3.2 for GT-I9300

Search This thread

thegh0sts

Aug 16, 2011
Toronto
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.2.8 for GT-I9300

I am not using this recovery as Philz recovery works really well for me and my has more options.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BinaryEclipse

Oct 23, 2012
Is your 64GB microSD formatted as exFAT ? If yes, the official CWM will likely *NEVER* support exFAT due licensing issues (exFAT is closed source and owned by Microsoft)

Just format it as FAT32; there is really no advantage to use exFAT over FAT32 !!

Really? Is there no difference in speed or in capacity? I thought I had read that by formatting it to FAT32, you lose some some capacity on your card. And as for speed, I actually have no idea.

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.2.8 for GT-I9300

There's actually advantages to FAT32 over exFAT. It has been tested to less likely crash, andore consistent read/write.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Xda Premium. Long live the Galaxy S! :)

ahmedraza

Feb 17, 2010
You need to be rooted and then delete or rename the following files:
Quote:
/system/recovery-from-boot.p
/system/etc/install-recovery.sh

i am on rooted but i can not able to delete above things how to remove it

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

i am using root explorer but can not delete it said the file is read only, what happend? how to delete those files

d_bizzzz

Jan 11, 2012
External usb - otg

Are there any plans to enable CWM to read/write from external USB drives (using an OTG cable) ... this would be very handy in particular for backups ?

Syavick

Jul 5, 2011
Is it possible to remove this files

without root with USB Debug off with Aroma Filemanager?

Yesterday I installed CWM with Odin, launched it, made full backup , but after reboot it changed to stock.
Now I have some problems to reflash it again. It stucks in the beginning or in the middle of flashing Recovery(or at the Setup Connection).

I'm trying to save data from internal to external memory because of blocked pattern lock on S3.

pickandwhammy

Jul 21, 2011
Is it possible to remove this files

without root with USB Debug off with Aroma Filemanager?

Yesterday I installed CWM with Odin, launched it, made full backup , but after reboot it changed to stock.
Now I have some problems to reflash it again. It stucks in the beginning or in the middle of flashing Recovery(or at the Setup Connection).

I'm trying to save data from internal to external memory because of blocked pattern lock on S3.

No. How do you expect to modify stuff in /system without root!?

iarapilot

Oct 21, 2008
Virginia
I just dont get this CWM for the I9300. I have tried to do a recovery numerous times . When I do a backup, it always says unable to back up data, so when I do a restore, it never works....I have to re-flash the ROM. I have looked for answers with no luck.

Using TWRP now, and when doing a backup I dont get the data backup warning. I just hope that when I need to restore, it will work properly.

Just my rant for the day!

iovaniorgovan

May 25, 2011
Not booting into CWM

Guys, help me out please, I'm missing something here:
- I installed recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.2.8-GTI9300.tar by the book, no error.
When the phone reboots, CWM is not present anywhere inside the appdrawer.
When I boot vol up+home+power it boots in Stock Recovery.

Previously I rooted my S3 with CF-root CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip.

What am I missing here?

Syavick

Jul 5, 2011
Guys, help me out please, I'm missing something here:
- I installed recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.2.8-GTI9300.tar by the book, no error.
When the phone reboots, CWM is not present anywhere inside the appdrawer.
When I boot vol up+home+power it boots in Stock Recovery.

Previously I rooted my S3 with CF-root CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip.

What am I missing here?

Answer is in 1st post! ;)

Stock Recovery being reflashed after a reboot?
There is an auto recovery restore system on stock roms that will reflash the Stock Recovery on a Stock Rom. If the restore files are renamed then CWM Recovery should not be overwritten after a reboot.

Quote:

pickandwhammy: I thought AromaFM has root privileges when running from CWM.

Reactions: iovaniorgovan

AngryB

Feb 22, 2012
I got this and then stop...nothing

<ID:0/012> Added!!
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping....

ahmedraza

Feb 17, 2010
I got this and then stop...nothing

<ID:0/012> Added!!
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping....

no need to delete this

just install this everything fine here i tried it and it works just flash from recovery

Attachments

• Fix-Recovery.zip
    144.7 KB · Views: 102

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 6.0.3.2 for Samsung Galaxy S3 *GSM* ONLY

This is the latest Touch Version from the ClockworkMod Site. I just packed it into a tar file so it can be flashed via Odin or Mobile Odin. Do not attempt to flash this image to the Snapdragon variant as it will not work.

DOWNLOAD LINK TO CWM 6.0.3.2 TOUCH

NOTE: CWM has the ability to 'choose backup format' to either the new .dup method with the blobs folder or the original .tar method where everything is in the date/time stamped folder. You can now ALSO 'create image zip' file from a NAND backup. Be patient with the zip backup option as it does take a while to create the zip (to be expected from a 1GB+ backup). Thank you for this addition koush it makes recovery alot more complete :)

QUESTION: Why are the backups size soo small now compared to the previous cwm backups?
    ANSWER: Basically on the new cwm all the data is stored in a blobs folder in the clockworkmod folder. The backups folder now doesnt hold the actual data and instead the system and data files contain links to the files in the blobs folder (with the hash of the file as its filename). When you perform another backup only the changes have to be added so it performs incremental backups instead of full backups everytime. You can still flash different roms and back them up as any new data is stored in the blobs folder with the links in the backup folder. Several backups can share the same blobs file so over several backups the total file size of all the backups will be much much smaller. When you delete a backup via cwm you can then free space of the blob files that are no longer needed to keep everything tidy and make sure that no files are stored that arent referenced to any backup. If you don't free the space then any unused files will automatically be deleted when the next backup is performed.
    Walkthrough video by TotallydubbedHD

How to Install ClockworkMod Touch

1. Download the attached tar file at the bottom of this post. DO NOT EXTRACT THIS FILE! If you end up with a recovery.img file then smack yourself and start again.
    2. Download Odin (windows only) at the bottom if you don't already have it and unzip it to a folder on your PC
    3. Reboot into Download Mode: Power off your device, Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.
    4. Plug your usb cable in
    5. Start Odin (double click Odin3_v3.04.exe).
    NOTE: When Odin opens you should see that the first box at the top under ID:COM should turn blue and 'Added' should appear in the message box in Odin.
    6. Make sure 'Auto Reboot' and 'F.Reset Time' are ticked in Odin and nothing else.
    7. Click on the 'PDA' button in Odin and browse to the recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.3.2-GTI9300.tar file that you downloaded.
    8. Click on 'Start' to flash CWM to your phone.
    NOTE: You can see whats happening in the message box in Odin. When the flash completes you should see 'RESET' in the top left the box and your phone will reboot.
    9. You now have CWM Touch Recovery permanently flashed

How to Access ClockworkMod Touch

1. Unplug the USB cable.
    2. Shut down the phone.
    3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.

Stock Recovery being reflashed after a reboot?
    There is an auto recovery restore system on stock roms that will reflash the Stock Recovery on a Stock Rom. If the restore files are renamed then CWM Recovery should not be overwritten after a reboot.

You can then flash recovery without it being overwritten.

You can also do all this through the Galaxy S3 ToolKit ;)

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**
    UPDATED CWM TOUCH RECOVERY IN OP TO 6.0.1.2

NOTE: VERY NICE addition to 6.0.1.2 is the ability to 'choose backup format' to either the new .dup method with the blobs folder or the original .tar method where everything is in the date/time stamped folder. You can now ALSO 'create image zip' file from a NAND backup. Be patient with the zip backup option as it does take a while to create the zip (to be expected from a 1GB+ backup). Thank you for this addition koush it makes recovery alot more complete :)

All credit to koush and the clockworkmod team for the recovery. I just created the tar to flash via Odin or Mobile Odin.

Mark.
    I've fixed the bug causing the external sd wipe, and will be doing a new build shortly.
    Flashable zip, have at it. ;)
    Investigating this now guys. Sorry for the trouble; **** happens when I don't actually have the device :(