[MOD]Remove facebook images in gallery

Search This thread

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hello again! :eek: I would like to share another mod that will remove the annoying facebook pictures when you open your gallery.

By default whenever you are logged in to facebook the HTC Gallery app would download all the profile pictures of your friends and show it in the main window of your gallery thus cluttering the main window of your gallery with pictures that you don't even own. What this mod will do is disable the gallery app from pulling the pictures and instead you will be shown only the default rectangular social thumbnail.

Now why didn't I remove it totally?

The thumbnail still has a purpose. Instead of the gallery directly showing up the facebook images right when you open the gallery app with this mod it is only shown when you click open the rectangular social thumbnail.

Sorry can't post screenshots as this would be breaking the privacy of my friends that will be shown if ever I post screenshots. Just test and give feedback :good:

And for those who want to include this in their custom ROMs. Feel free to do so :) No need to ask for permission nor I require you guys to give credits to me. Just pull the APK and thats it! No strings attached :D

Edit: Sorry guys got a typo in the updater script so it failed to install. Already fixed it now.

Edit: Updated installer script.

Download this for the modded gallery.
Click Here

Download this for restoring to stock odexed gallery(If mod won't work on your ROM)
Click Here

Attachments

• GalleryPatch(Fix).zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 3,682
  • RestoreGalleryPatch.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 896
Last edited:

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
Love the idea!

However, attempted to flash in CWM onto TrickDroid 5.4 ROM and it failed. Error Status 6.

Same here

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Umh, i opened zip, there is an issue at the first string so:

- Open the zip wit 7zip or other
- Go to: "META-INF/com/google/android
- Open the "updater-script" with notepad++ or another editor
- Replace this line with the first
Code:
ui_print("HTC Gallery patch");
- Close the editor
- Save all
- Flash it

You can also do this:

- Download the apk from here or here, or extract it from zip
- Put into you fastboot/adb folder (you can download it from here)
- Connect the phone at pc with debug usb enabled
- Open a cmd or terminal and move to the folder (cd dir_of_folder)
- Type:
Code:
adb push HTCAlbum.apk system/app
- Open the gallery
- Done!​

Last edited:

thefoss

Mar 25, 2006
orlando

Code:
- Close the editor
- Save all
- Flash it

Replace which line with what? A little confusing.

Also, couldn't you extract the .apk and use Root Explorer to move it to System?

tiato

Jul 20, 2010

Code:
- Close the editor
- Save all
- Flash it

Replace which line with what? A little confusing.

Also, couldn't you extract the .apk and use Root Explorer to move it to System?

The first line missing one double quote ("). Just add that quote to make the line looks like ui_print("HTC Gallery patch"); then you're set.

Reactions: Riyal

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
works perfectly any change of HIDING the blank friends folder ?

+1 - The only thing I don't like about this phone is the Facebook Integration with the gallery. I would love to see the option to have it gone completely as I will never use it...

I never removed the friends folder for the sole reason that when logged in to facebook or flickr you could still view your friend's images in there. My main intention of doing this is to organize those messy pics that shows up in the main gallery window when you open it ands instead place it inside the friends folder. Anyways I'll try to update this thread and upload a modded one with the social plugin totally disabled when I get free time.

Marcm15

Mar 27, 2013
Newburgh
I never removed the friends folder for the sole reason that when logged in to facebook or flickr you could still view your friend's images in there. My main intention of doing this is to organize those messy pics that shows up in the main gallery window when you open it ands instead place it inside the friends folder. Anyways I'll try to update this thread and upload a modded one with the social plugin totally disabled when I get free time.

Thank You! It would be greatly appreciated!!

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
I don't use nor know how to use xposed so better off asking some devs on doing this. Just tell them to download the APK and diff it. The change is pretty simple.

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield

Good enough I'll be looking for the update thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello again! :eek: I would like to share another mod that will remove the annoying facebook pictures when you open your gallery.

By default whenever you are logged in to facebook the HTC Gallery app would download all the profile pictures of your friends and show it in the main window of your gallery thus cluttering the main window of your gallery with pictures that you don't even own. What this mod will do is disable the gallery app from pulling the pictures and instead you will be shown only the default rectangular social thumbnail.

Now why didn't I remove it totally?

The thumbnail still has a purpose. Instead of the gallery directly showing up the facebook images right when you open the gallery app with this mod it is only shown when you click open the rectangular social thumbnail.

Sorry can't post screenshots as this would be breaking the privacy of my friends that will be shown if ever I post screenshots. Just test and give feedback :good:

And for those who want to include this in their custom ROMs. Feel free to do so :) No need to ask for permission nor I require you guys to give credits to me. Just pull the APK and thats it! No strings attached :D

Edit: Sorry guys got a typo in the updater script so it failed to install. Already fixed it now.

Edit: Updated installer script.

Download this for the modded gallery.
    Click Here

Download this for restoring to stock odexed gallery(If mod won't work on your ROM)
    Click Here
    Love the idea!

However, attempted to flash in CWM onto TrickDroid 5.4 ROM and it failed. Error Status 6.

Same here

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Code:
    - Close the editor
    - Save all
    - Flash it

You can also do this:

- Download the apk from here or here, or extract it from zip
    - Put into you fastboot/adb folder (you can download it from here)
    - Connect the phone at pc with debug usb enabled
    - Open a cmd or terminal and move to the folder (cd dir_of_folder)
    - Type:
    Code:
    adb push HTCAlbum.apk system/app
    - Open the gallery
    - Done!​
    @unremarked @anilv26 @thefoss @CheesyNutz

Installer is fixed now guys sorry about that. And thanks for pointing out the error @Guich :)
    works perfectly any change of HIDING the blank friends folder ?

+1 - The only thing I don't like about this phone is the Facebook Integration with the gallery. I would love to see the option to have it gone completely as I will never use it...

is it possible to make it work on non-rooted devices??

You can go to 'albums' settings 'show/hide'

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium