Nexus 7 bricked ??? please help

Search This thread

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
Please help me... I have a Nexus 7 wifi edition (old version).

I installed wugfresh toolkit and tried to install factory 4.4

After about 15 minutes nothing was happening so I tried to reboot my Nexus 7. Now it is stuck in bootloader mode. It does not want to start. I tried reflashing stock again but it says USB debugging needs to be enabled, but I can't boot my device... how do I revive it please.. thank you

My device was already bootloader unlocked, and running 4.2 grouper JDQ39

Thank you

KrilanPL

Jan 19, 2011

After about 15 minutes nothing was happening so I tried to reboot my Nexus 7. Now it is stuck in bootloader mode. It does not want to start. I tried reflashing stock again but it says USB debugging needs to be enabled, but I can't boot my device... how do I revive it please.. thank you

Thank you

Did you tried flash stock+Unroot (Device is on/Normal ) mode ?

megapig

Dec 1, 2013

Thank you

Hi I recently bricked my nexus 7 too and unbricked it myself. there aren't a lot of people willing to help here as I know, and I know I can help you. First thing first, there is noway you can brick your nexus 7, no matter what you have done, so just clam down.

to unbrick your nexus 7, there is what I suggest you to try>
1, download fastboot, adb. make sure they are the newest version.
2, download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-grouper. this is a recovery img that you install into your nexus 7
3, get Google android USB driver!! uninstall every before you install this!!
4, put your neuxs 7 into boot loader mode by holding about 3 buttons.
5, connect your nexus 7 to your PC
6, If you are a windows using, using command prompt "fastboot.exe devices"
7, something should come up. then you are in the right track.
8, type fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-grouper
9, you should get a message saying everything is install correctly.
10, using vol down to go the recovery mode on your device. The CWM should be installed!!!
11, Download any android ROM for nexus 7, and simply install it using CWM!!
12, Adb doesn't work on me because I can't get into USB debug mode. You have to use an OTG USB cable. Copy the ROM to an USB driver and connect that USB to your nexus using this OTG USB cable.
13, install!!! done!!!

Reactions: nm8

EntityPacket

Dec 8, 2013
Hi
thanks for the link, good informations there, but I already solved the problem by using MSKIP's software.

Thanks for helping though...

Could you elaborate a little more on what step you picked from the main menu of that software? I'm not having any luck getting my Nexus fixed.

Posted my thread for help here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560975

Guess I will try megapig's suggestions next. I've tried so many procedures and none of them are working.

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
Could you elaborate a little more on what step you picked from the main menu of that software? I'm not having any luck getting my Nexus fixed.

Posted my thread for help here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560975

Guess I will try megapig's suggestions next. I've tried so many procedures and none of them are working.

I just uninstalled all the crap that the other software installed, then on MSKIP's software, I chose no. 1, then after that, I installed stock, can't remember the number but it is there...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you

Hi I recently bricked my nexus 7 too and unbricked it myself. there aren't a lot of people willing to help here as I know, and I know I can help you. First thing first, there is noway you can brick your nexus 7, no matter what you have done, so just clam down.

to unbrick your nexus 7, there is what I suggest you to try>
    1, download fastboot, adb. make sure they are the newest version.
    2, download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-grouper. this is a recovery img that you install into your nexus 7
    3, get Google android USB driver!! uninstall every before you install this!!
    4, put your neuxs 7 into boot loader mode by holding about 3 buttons.
    5, connect your nexus 7 to your PC
    6, If you are a windows using, using command prompt "fastboot.exe devices"
    7, something should come up. then you are in the right track.
    8, type fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-grouper
    9, you should get a message saying everything is install correctly.
    10, using vol down to go the recovery mode on your device. The CWM should be installed!!!
    11, Download any android ROM for nexus 7, and simply install it using CWM!!
    12, Adb doesn't work on me because I can't get into USB debug mode. You have to use an OTG USB cable. Copy the ROM to an USB driver and connect that USB to your nexus using this OTG USB cable.
    13, install!!! done!!!