[Q] Some ROMs boot, others stuck at boot!

Search This thread

vima91

Aug 14, 2012
Cairo
Hi,
My I9100G is now on CM10.1.3 with CM stock kernel, everything is working great, but whenever i try to flash a different ROM or kernel, i get stuck on the bootscreen!
Except for samsung stock ROM and CM which work as well.

I have tried the following:

1- Wipe everything(data, cache, dalvik cache, format system) and do fresh installs.
2- Flash JB bootloader.
3- Un-root and re-root.
4- Try different recovery (CWM, TWRP).
5- Nand backup and restore works fine.
6- I forgot a couple of things, probably.

I miss trying out new ROMs and kernels, help an addict get his juice :silly:

f-r

May 14, 2012
I'm using ROM and kernel CWM cleaning scripts and I hadn't had any bootloops after ROM flash. I highly recommend this. Google ''i9100 ROM wipe script''. I also use the kernel wipe script, from the same xda thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

-Marco

Oct 18, 2013
JB Bootloader? Not enough flash a kernel with root? However if he does not work try to put a ROM stocks and to send it in for support service.

vima91

Aug 14, 2012
Cairo
Still problem persists

I'm using ROM and kernel CWM cleaning scripts and I hadn't had any bootloops after ROM flash. I highly recommend this. Google ''i9100 ROM wipe script''. I also use the kernel wipe script, from the same xda thread.

Found a great thread :[CWM UTIL] Hawker's Wipe Scripts (S2 GT-i9100)

Tried all scripts as i have become desperate, still to no avail.

But thanks, that will help in the future, provided i solve the problem at hand :eek:

vima91

Aug 14, 2012
Cairo
JB Bootloader? Not enough flash a kernel with root? However if he does not work try to put a ROM stocks and to send it in for support service.

Service will cost a lot of money as Samsung's service in my country (EGYPT) are greedy ********* and also their service is not professional.
Besides, if i send it, what will i send it for? Stock ROM already works!

warpgamer

Oct 18, 2012
PARIS
Service will cost a lot of money as Samsung's service in my country (EGYPT) are greedy ********* and also their service is not professional.
Besides, if i send it, what will i send it for? Stock ROM already works!

If you already changed the recovery, you've voided any warranty, Samsung won't do anything for you anymore.

You're on the dark side now :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

f-r

May 14, 2012
If you already changed the recovery, you've voided any warranty, Samsung won't do anything for you anymore.

He can always flash stock firmware using Odin.

To OP: It's really bizzare. Using wipe scripts prepares the device for flashing any ROM. I'm assuming that no download errors occurred (MD5 check is ok), that the ROM is matching your phone's model and that you're using a proper recovery.

Flash a different kernel (cwm or twrp based) and flash the ROM with it.

Reactions: vima91

vima91

Aug 14, 2012
Cairo

To OP: It's really bizzare. Using wipe scripts prepares the device for flashing any ROM. I'm assuming that no download errors occurred (MD5 check is ok), that the ROM is matching your phone's model and that you're using a proper recovery.

I have sent my phone a couple of times for service before the warranty expired, reset binary counter and flashed stock ROM, no problem.
MD5 checksum fine, ROM matching phone model, recovery i have been using for a while.
Will try TWRP and report back, thanks :)

vima91

Aug 14, 2012
Cairo
So i cleaned up the system and flashed the Blazing safe kernel and now it got kinda interesting...
After using the scripts to clean everything up, then i flashed the kernel again to double check i had recovery, i tried to flash the ROM i wanted which is Cyanfox, it gave me an error.
Updating bla bla bla....
This package is is for "i9100g,GT-I9100G" devices;
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/emmc/......'
Error flashing zip '/emmc/bla bla'
Updating partition details...

After that i tried the SLIM ROM 4.2.2, frankly i don't remember where i got it from as it was sitting there for some time.
Anyways it worked and that's weird...cyanfox was supposed to work as other users say it worked for them.
Also when Slim was flashed it had CWM, which i opened and tried to flash cyanfox with it...and it flashed without errors but still stuck at boot logo screen!!
What's the problem here?? :silly:

vima91

Aug 14, 2012
Cairo
Solved

Thanks, but i found the solution to my problem.
Actually i had multiple problems:
  • 4.4 ROMs will flash but will not boot.
  • Some ROMs will not even flash giving error in CWM (status 6, status 7 ).

Regarding the first problem, i found a thread mentioning that Kitkat ROMs are not all supported by CWM (Sorry i can't seem to find it again :/ ), and that a particular CWM version 6.0.4 will solve that. Too lazy to search for and get, and came across another solution, where aidfarth released his version of a Kernel supporting 4.4 Kitkat, with TWRP instead of CWM which solved the status 7 error.

Further reading is for the other two error solutions.

So i went on and tried to flash that kernel, giving me the status 7 error in CWM, which brings me to the next error.

Regarding the second error, status 7 in CWM, it could be solved by manipulating a script in the ROM or zip in general that you want to flash, this link will demonstrate, it's what i followed.
So i followed, edited the ZIP file and whatnot, then i tried to flash it in CWM, then got the status 6 error.
This will require the same steps as how you solved the status 7, but it has to do with UNIX encoding, this link is what i followed.

Thanks all for replies.

Reactions: immortalneo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solved

Thanks, but i found the solution to my problem.
    Actually i had multiple problems:
    • 4.4 ROMs will flash but will not boot.
    • Some ROMs will not even flash giving error in CWM (status 6, status 7 ).

Regarding the first problem, i found a thread mentioning that Kitkat ROMs are not all supported by CWM (Sorry i can't seem to find it again :/ ), and that a particular CWM version 6.0.4 will solve that. Too lazy to search for and get, and came across another solution, where aidfarth released his version of a Kernel supporting 4.4 Kitkat, with TWRP instead of CWM which solved the status 7 error.

Further reading is for the other two error solutions.

So i went on and tried to flash that kernel, giving me the status 7 error in CWM, which brings me to the next error.

Regarding the second error, status 7 in CWM, it could be solved by manipulating a script in the ROM or zip in general that you want to flash, this link will demonstrate, it's what i followed.
    So i followed, edited the ZIP file and whatnot, then i tried to flash it in CWM, then got the status 6 error.
    This will require the same steps as how you solved the status 7, but it has to do with UNIX encoding, this link is what i followed.

Thanks all for replies.