HTC Sensation - GPS problem - CyanogenMod KitKat

Search This thread

chmurak

Jan 21, 2014
dublin
Hi Lads!

I'm experiencing problems with my HTC sensation. I've installed newest ROM and gapps from Albinoman887 (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2524961). My GPS works just fine if I'm using WiFi or data network, unfortunately I don't have an internet plan so I can only use WiFi when in range. No matter how long I would wait google maps (I've saved offline map) or Garmin/TomTom wont connect with GPS. I've tried to connect it in not urbanised area,were i wasn't surrounded by building or high trees.I was switching between 'device only' and 'assited with WiFi and network data' but since I don't have internet connection I think it makes no difference. I had this problem as well on - cm-10.1-20130610-Albinoman887-pyramid , but as I had internet plan wasn't bothered about that. Did you face similar problem ? Would you know how to fix that issue ?
Phone spec:
HTC Sensation
Android:4.4.2
Baseband ver: 11.69A.3504.00P_11.23..3504.07_M2
Kernel ver: 3.0.101-ChronicKernel-linaro-g886cfa4albinoman887@chronic-buildbox#1 Sat Jan 18 10:34:02 EST 2014
CyanogenMod ver: cm_pyramid-userdebug 4.4.2 KOT49H 39f88656cd test-keys

chmurak

Jan 21, 2014
dublin
here it goes again...

Hi Lads,
I would like to add, that RIL is definitely correct (checked by getRIL app)
i have also amend GPS config files, I can't paste the content of the file, as it contains links to outside sources and I'm new user so I'm attaching configuration file.
unfortunately , nothing has changed
I've got an idea but i might be very stupid (please forgive me my ignorance), but I thought that as GPS was working fine on the stock ROM
maybe I could get it and export files responsible for managing GPS (radio files??) and swap them with existing ones on my system ? Or maybe its not worth ? what do you think lads ? I really hope you can help me out with my problem :)

best regards
Tom

Attachments

• gps.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 38
Hi Lads!

I'm experiencing problems with my HTC sensation. I've installed newest ROM and gapps from Albinoman887 (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2524961). My GPS works just fine if I'm using WiFi or data network, unfortunately I don't have an internet plan so I can only use WiFi when in range. No matter how long I would wait google maps (I've saved offline map) or Garmin/TomTom wont connect with GPS. I've tried to connect it in not urbanised area,were i wasn't surrounded by building or high trees.I was switching between 'device only' and 'assited with WiFi and network data' but since I don't have internet connection I think it makes no difference. I had this problem as well on - cm-10.1-20130610-Albinoman887-pyramid , but as I had internet plan wasn't bothered about that. Did you face similar problem ? Would you know how to fix that issue ?
Phone spec:
HTC Sensation
Android:4.4.2
Baseband ver: 11.69A.3504.00P_11.23..3504.07_M2
Kernel ver: 3.0.101-ChronicKernel-linaro-g886cfa4albinoman887@chronic-buildbox#1 Sat Jan 18 10:34:02 EST 2014
CyanogenMod ver: cm_pyramid-userdebug 4.4.2 KOT49H 39f88656cd test-keys

Use banks gapps. Search for banks gapps in xda or Google for links. GPS issues should be resolved.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

chmurak

Jan 21, 2014
dublin
lil update
i have downloaded GPS Status, and i can't localize any satellites - even with internet connection - but at the same time google maps are working fine (but not sure, if they are using my routers localization or my GPS), running out of ideas how to set it up :(

chmurak

Jan 21, 2014
dublin
Might be totally ridiculous, but do you have Location enabled? Check under Settings. Forgive me if you already have that enabled.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

Hi, thanks for your reply, yeah, location is on , im switching between 'device only' and 'hight accuracy' but since i dont have wifi connection (except home which doesnt make much usage for GPS,unless testing) neither internet plan my (data connection is off) i don't think it makes any difference.

chmurak

Jan 21, 2014
dublin
Lads, i still didnt figure out how to fix it, did you experienced similar problems with your devices ? how can i check to be sure that my GPS is def. working ? (it worried me, that while using GPS status i didnt see any satellites and couldn't get my geo. position )

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
why don't you download an app from google play sensor tester and see if your gps is working okey? maybe you have hw problem :/

chmurak

Jan 21, 2014
dublin
Hi,
Thanks for your advice.
I had it already, as well i downloaded GPS Status (seems to be a bit better than sensor tester). I went out today and GPS Status caught 5 satellites, but couldn't determine my position :( , after that i've switched to g.maps and after a while, my position on the map was ... my home's address (that's were i used internet for the last time) - two streets from where I was standing, so after that I've switched again to GPS Status and within next 15 minutes couldn't catch any satellites. Have no idea how to fix it....

chmurak

Jan 21, 2014
dublin
Hi lads,
So...i fixed it ;)
I'm kinda ashamed after posting so much stuff earlier on, as the problem was with the hardware (had nothing to do with ROM/Kernel/RIL whatsoever), i only realized today (mostly cause I wanted to 'boost' the antenna) but the pin connectors with antenna were bent...yeah....really....i just stuck a small piece of an aluminium foil.
Below is screenshot form GPS Status - form inside my gaff - phone is placed against the window.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-10-01-20-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-10-01-20-48.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 101