Confused on Facebook

Search This thread

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
The facebook app that comes with the phone isn't really an app, it is just friendstream, no? When I signed it, it downloaded ALL of my contacts instead of just those with a matching entry in my phone which I can do with the Facebook app. How do I change that?

agentaaron

Aug 17, 2008
Albuquerque
The facebook app that comes with the phone isn't really an app, it is just friendstream, no? When I signed it, it downloaded ALL of my contacts instead of just those with a matching entry in my phone which I can do with the Facebook app. How do I change that?

can you not find the official facebook app in the market? I personally use Bloo as my FB Client and just sync my FB contacts through Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add new > Facebook

Acid_Wir3

May 28, 2010
los angeles
Go to the Sync option remove your facebook there and then add it again it will ask for the option if you want to sync matching contacts or all of them.

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
Go to the Sync option remove your facebook there and then add it again it will ask for the option if you want to sync matching contacts or all of them.

Add Facebook or Facebook for myTouch? Regular Facebook doesn't do anything when pressed. Facebook for myTouch doesn't give me the option.

Thx

Acid_Wir3

May 28, 2010
los angeles
Use facebook for mytouch, after doing that wait for some time and it will notify you that you havd contactd simmilar to your fb account and if you wanna sync them

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

kitsunisan

Jan 2, 2009
Facebook for Mytouch never syncs contacts for me, it gives me the "sync is having problems now" message. Anyone experience this?

Gr8gorilla

Jan 29, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
Mine worked fine but there is an option under the contacts settings to make only contacts with phone numbers show. That is really nice.

mattyboy247

Dec 24, 2009
Fairbanks AK
Now that we have perma root... does anyone know if removing the facebook for mytouch app will cause any problems? I would like to pull it off and put on the market version. I plan on making a backup and trying it myself but was wondering if anyone had any insight before I try.