Columnar File Manager 0.1.2 Released 3/27/11

Search This thread

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bauxite.columnar&feature=search_result

UPDATED 3/27/11

Mostly just bug fixes, and file operations should no longer block the ui.

0.1.2 - fixed a rotation bug I introduced

It's my first app ever, so be gentle :)

Post any bugs found here and I can fix them, any comments are welcome too!

It doesn't support modifying root files, but it will eventually.

Thanks!

Last edited:

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
Definitely a good start. Very clean and intuitive. One bug I found is after going a few folders deep in the sdcard, then using the back button to get back to / pressing the sdcard folder again doesn't do anything.

If a press another folder and then press sdcard it works.

I can give you logs too if you'd like.

Also, there is a typo with rename in the tool box. It shows "renam-e"

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
Definitely a good start. Very clean and intuitive. One bug I found is after going a few folders deep in the sdcard, then using the back button to get back to / pressing the sdcard folder again doesn't do anything.

If a press another folder and then press sdcard it works.

I can give you logs too if you'd like.

Also, there is a typo with rename in the tool box. It shows "renam-e"

Thanks, I will look into that bug.

The rename icon is supposed to be cute.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

JFizDaWiz

Jan 16, 2008
Niles
this is great thanks for this app. This is pretty much the type of file manager I've been waiting for.

cwizardtx

May 22, 2009
Houston

krat0s123

Jun 25, 2010
This is great! Thanks.. How about file renaming functionality?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
Has anyone here had issues opening the app after first installing it? I got a one star review (probably the first of many) that said someone had issue with it.

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
no problems here. very cool program. any thought of adding root access?

It is planned, however I want to ensure the file operations are rock solid before enabling it. The last thing I want is something to go horribly wrong on someone's system folder.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

cadiken

Mar 19, 2010
Has anyone here had issues opening the app after first installing it? I got a one star review (probably the first of many) that said someone had issue with it.

Problem I'm having is with the Market download. I'm unable to download the app to install it. I can download other apps yes.

boxmander

Jul 23, 2009
Installed it today, installed just fine. Seems to work ok, good start and thanks for posting. I like the look, fits in well with honeycomb UI.

ocdtrekkie

Jul 6, 2010
Will be trying this today. Very excited.

ASTRO betrayed me, the week I paid for it, it became abandoned (though three Android versions and eight months later, Metago still claims its not abandoned and updates are coming)

EwanG

Jan 16, 2009
San Antonio, TX
500px.com
Bauxite:

First off, a very nice first iteration!

Now, the things that "appear" to be missing which are keeping me with a copy of ES File Manager - feel free to tell me if they are in here and I just didn't find them:

1) Zip File Extraction into a folder named the same as the file (except for the .Zip of course)

2) Rar File Extraction into a folder named the same as the file (except for the .Rar of course)

3) Ability to see my shared drives on my home LAN and copy files back and forth

4) Integrated Image Viewer

Anyone familiar with scanlated Manga will understand where this list comes from :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bauxite.columnar&feature=search_result

UPDATED 3/27/11

Mostly just bug fixes, and file operations should no longer block the ui.

0.1.2 - fixed a rotation bug I introduced

It's my first app ever, so be gentle :)

Post any bugs found here and I can fix them, any comments are welcome too!

It doesn't support modifying root files, but it will eventually.

Thanks!
    Android Web Market says my device - MZ604 - European WiFi only XOOM is not compatible, so I can't install it.:) Is device compatibility something you as a developer can manually set in the market?

This is surprising, I have only set the API level (honeycomb) as a limit, it should work on international devices. I will check on this!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    Today I used Columnar to try copying a file from /sdcard/ to /sdcard2/ after I read that some people had trouble. It worked beautifully and I never really paid attention to how nice this app really is! Drag and drop is sooo cool on the Xoom! Once it's on the market as a paid app I'll support Mr. Bauxite so he can get more inspiration (aka beer)!