[MOD][14JAN]MultiROM v19a for HTC One // Unofficial port // FIXED RECOVERY UI //

Search This thread

oblikas

Sep 28, 2012
Bacau
Introduction

First time,I want to say THANKS !!!! to @Tasssadar because he's the creator and he helped me a lot !!!MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for HTC One (international). It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch, once they are ported to that device. Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
* Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
* Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
* Boot from USB drive attached via OTG cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYh14Zwl3s You can also watch a video which shows it in action.​

Warning!

It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.​

Installation

Note 1: Your device must not be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted).

MultiROM has 3 parts you need to install:

• [*]MultiROM (multirom-YYYYMMDD-vXX-m7ul.zip) - download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery.
    [*]Modified recovery (TWRP_multirom_m7ul_YYYYMMDD.img) - download the IMG file from second post and use fastboot or Flashify app to flash it.
    [*]Patched kernel - You can use either one of the stock ones in second post or third-party kernels which include the patch, you can see list in the second post. Download the ZIP file and flash it in recovery.
You current rom will not be erased by the installation.
Download links are in the second post.

FAQ

Adding ROMs

1. Android
Go to recovery, select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm

2. Other Systems
Unfortunately, no other systems are available as of now. But, MultiROM _theoreticaly_ supports them - the principle should be the same as on grouper, we just need the systems. That's why the options in "Add ROM" menu in recovery are there, but do not flash systems for old Nexus 7 (grouper)!

Updating/changing ROMs

1. Primary ROM (Internal)
  • Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
  • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.
2. Secondary Android ROMs
If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:
  • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
  • Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.

Source code

Last edited:

oblikas

Sep 28, 2012
Bacau
Downloads

1. Main downloads

MultiROM: multirom-20131217-v19a-UNOFFICIAL-m7ul.zip
Modified recovery: TWRP_m7ul_multirom-011414

Kernel w/ kexec-hardboot patch (CM 10.2): kernel_kexec_m7ul_cm102-2.zip
It should work with all ROMs.

2. third-party kernels with kexec-hardboot patch

Donations

If you want to donate me,use the "Donate to me" button.

Donate to @Tasssadar. You can use either paypal or Bitcoins, his address is 172RccLB2ffSnJyYwjYbUD3Nx4QX3R8Ris

Thanks to all donors, it is much appreciated :)

Thanks @Giblet-dono for the FAQ code

Last edited:

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
Hells YESSS !! , have this on my nexus 7 and it's the best thing ever .

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Wait, this is just for the International HTC One ?.

I've just installed the MultiROM modded recovery, but on my HTC One, the resolution is wrong. The recovery cuts off at the right side, so the back button in TWRP is almost completely off-screen and the second column of icons is more or less right-justified. This is a big problem when naming backups, for example, because the keyboard is also cut off and the rightmost keys are beyond the screen's margin. Currently making a backup, so I'll test the actual MultiROM functionality soon.

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
I've just installed the MultiROM modded recovery, but on my HTC One, the resolution is wrong. The recovery cuts off at the right side, so the back button in TWRP is almost completely off-screen and the second column of icons is more or less right-justified. This is a big problem when naming backups, for example, because the keyboard is also cut off and the rightmost keys are beyond the screen's margin. Currently making a backup, so I'll test the actual MultiROM functionality soon.

You are on T Mobile ? .

oblikas

Sep 28, 2012
Bacau

Yeah,the recovery needs some resize.

Reactions: rbrandser

Atze001

Apr 2, 2007
Berlin
Check "Don't share " in TWRP when you flash a secondary ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I try it and dont work. I think it was a kernel issue. Your Kernel dont work with EragonRC4.

My first rom is EragonRC4 (Sense based).

First I install EragonRC4 than I Flash your Recovery than your kernel and your multirom.zip. After that I boot up Eragon and wifi is gone :(

oblikas

Sep 28, 2012
Bacau
I try it and dont work. I think it was a kernel issue. Your Kernel dont work with EragonRC4.

My first rom is EragonRC4 (Sense based).

First I install EragonRC4 than I Flash your Recovery than your kernel and your multirom.zip. After that I boot up Eragon and wifi is gone :(

Of course it won't work .You can boot only CM/AOSP ROMs .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rbrandser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

First time,I want to say THANKS !!!! to @Tasssadar because he's the creator and he helped me a lot !!!MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for HTC One (international). It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch, once they are ported to that device. Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
    * Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
    * Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
    * Boot from USB drive attached via OTG cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYh14Zwl3s You can also watch a video which shows it in action.​

Warning!

It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.​

Installation

Note 1: Your device must not be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted).

MultiROM has 3 parts you need to install:

• [*]MultiROM (multirom-YYYYMMDD-vXX-m7ul.zip) - download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery.
      [*]Modified recovery (TWRP_multirom_m7ul_YYYYMMDD.img) - download the IMG file from second post and use fastboot or Flashify app to flash it.
      [*]Patched kernel - You can use either one of the stock ones in second post or third-party kernels which include the patch, you can see list in the second post. Download the ZIP file and flash it in recovery.
    You current rom will not be erased by the installation.
    Download links are in the second post.

FAQ

Adding ROMs

1. Android
    Go to recovery, select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm

2. Other Systems
    Unfortunately, no other systems are available as of now. But, MultiROM _theoreticaly_ supports them - the principle should be the same as on grouper, we just need the systems. That's why the options in "Add ROM" menu in recovery are there, but do not flash systems for old Nexus 7 (grouper)!

Updating/changing ROMs

1. Primary ROM (Internal)
    • Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
    • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.
    2. Secondary Android ROMs
    If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:
    • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
    • Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.

Source code

Downloads

1. Main downloads

MultiROM: multirom-20131217-v19a-UNOFFICIAL-m7ul.zip
    Modified recovery: TWRP_m7ul_multirom-011414

Kernel w/ kexec-hardboot patch (CM 10.2): kernel_kexec_m7ul_cm102-2.zip
    It should work with all ROMs.

2. third-party kernels with kexec-hardboot patch

Donations

If you want to donate me,use the "Donate to me" button.

Donate to @Tasssadar. You can use either paypal or Bitcoins, his address is 172RccLB2ffSnJyYwjYbUD3Nx4QX3R8Ris

Thanks to all donors, it is much appreciated :)

Thanks @Giblet-dono for the FAQ code
    MultiROM TWRP 2.7.0 http://d-h.st/KHr

changed source = Full SELinux support is present. = You can install 4.4 ROMs :laugh::good:

Please try it with MultiROM v19a, not with new update.
    Apart from M7, MultiROM is available for multiple Nexus devices. But for each device there are different versions of TWRP available.

According to Tasssadar, the MR TWRP always includes latest changes for each device. I would assume Oblikas does the same.
    MR TWRP version 2630 for Nexus 5 is in fact official TWRP version 2634. But due to his build scripts, Tasssadar is using one version number for all his custom recovery builds.

As this is somewhat misleading for MR users, he has made a change to use a MR TWRP version number, which is only three digits long and refers to the official TWRP version number, but without the fourth digit (bugfix version number), see

https://github.com/Tasssadar/Team-W...mmit/f5c8d0a2b23b2517ede5310c465537f97536977a

Now, as this change hasn't even made it to the official (Nexus) builds of the MR recovery yet, it is a clear indicator that Oblikas is using at least latest MR source. Having said that, only Oblikas can confirm if he's using latest TWRP base for M7 as well (but why wouldn't he?).

Yeah,it is the latest TWRP base,updated today in the morning.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    FAQ

1. What are the requirements to use this mod?
    - Your device must not be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted)
    - You need to have S-OFF OR be HTC Unlocked
    - You must know how adb & fastboot work, and of course have them available​
    2. What do I need to install this Mod?
    - Check what kind of rom you are using (is it sense based or AOSP/CM10/AOKP/etc based)
    - Make sure you have the proper kernel, with Multirom support, for you rom installed:
    - For a Sense rom take either:
    - For a AOSP/CM10/AOKP/etc based rom take the kernel from post 2 - http://d-h.st/inh
    - If this kernel spits out an error see point 14.
    - For a Google Play Edition based rom you can use TeamSeven kernel - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2307371
    - Make sure you have the modified recovery at hand, preferably in your fastboot folder - http://d-h.st/M91
    - Make sure you have the multirom zip on your phone's internal memory - http://d-h.st/IRf
    3. How do I install this Mod?
    - Start by installing the new recovery image you downloaded above:
    - Restart your device in fastboot mode and use:
    Code:
    Fastboot flash recovery *recoveryname*.img
    For instance:
    Code:
    Fastboot flash recovery TWRP_multirom_m7ul_20130110.img
    - Now reboot into your freshly installed recovery and use the install -> install zip options
    - Install the multirom zip you downloaded previously
    - Restart your device and if you reboot after, you should see the Multirom boot menu.​
    4. How do I add a rom to the menu?
    - Start in recovery, go to advanced > multirom > add rom and follow instructions​
    5. Can I add ANY rom?
    - Every rom should work with v19a multirom zip!​
    6. How do I flash mods or gapps to my primary rom?
    - Go into recovery and flash it as a normal zip​
    7. How do I flash mods or gapps to my secondary rom?
    - Go into recovery > Advanced > Multirom > Rom List > Select the rom > Choose flash zip​
    8. How do I remove this whole mod?
    - From recovery > advanced . MultiRom > Rom list, remove ALL roms
    - Dirty flash your primary rom
    - Reinstall your previous recovery​
    9. I do not see the "MultiRom" menu in my TWRP advanced menu
    - This is caused by one of two things:
    1. You use a custom TWRP theme; Remove the ui.zip from /twrp/themes/ on your internal memory
    2. You have not (properly) installed the modified TWRP: See Question 3.​
    10. Will this mod work with (primary) Rom *insert romname here*
    - This should work with all primary roms​
    11. When I install the Multirom zip, or boot it I get an multirom error about a kexec-hardboot patch
    - Make sure your Primary rom kernel has the Kexec Hardboot patch!, such as ElementalX, TeamSeven or the CM kernel in the second post!​
    12. I messed up, my phone does not boot anymore! What do I do?!
    - Reflash your primary rom and primary kernel
    - This should get you back booting without the Multirom menu, then follow the steps Q 1 to 3​
    13. I get an error when installing the multirom zip
    - If your error is the following:
    Code:
    Checking for MD5 file...
    Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
    assert failed: getprop(ro."product.device") ==
    E: Error executing updater binary in zip `/sdcard
    Error flashing zip `sdcard/multirom-2
    Updating partition details...
    Failed
    - Download and use the following zip instead: http://d-h.st/Eim
    14. I get an error when installing the CM kernel from the second post
    - If your error is the following:
    Code:
    Checking for MD5 file...
    Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
    assert failed: getprop(ro."product.device") ==
    E: Error executing updater binary in zip `/sdcard
    Error flashing zip `sdcard/multirom-2
    Updating partition details...
    Failed
    - Download and use the following zip instead: http://d-h.st/gy5
    15. Does every rom (primary, secondary and others) need a modified kernel?
    - No, Only the primary rom needs a modified kernel​
    16. Can I add other operating systems, such as Ubuntu Touch
    - Yes, but mostly there are a few things to keep in mind:
    - You can’t use any other OS as your primary OS yet, for this you would need a modified kernel with the kexec patch, which isn’t available yet for other OS’es
    - For now the only other OS I tested is Ubuntu Touch form the following post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2388593
    17. How do I Install Ubuntu Touch as my Secondary Rom?
    1. Download Ubuntu Touch: http://d-h.st/xWX
    2. Download the official Ubuntu Touch Rootfs: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-to.../current/saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
    3. Download the Ubuntu Touch Config: http://d-h.st/nso
    4. Copy the three zips to the internal memory of your phone.
    5. Go into multi rom recovery, in advanced > MultiRom > add Rom > from Zip > Choose “cm-10.1-20130802-UNOFFICIAL-m7ul.zip” , CHOOSE TO INSTALL AS A NORMAL ANDROID ROM! NOT as any other OS or ubuntu Touch!
    6. After it has finished installing go to the Advanced > Multirom > rom list > cm-10.1-20130802-UNOFFICIAL-m7ul.zip > Flash Zip menu
    7. Now flash the other two files : saucy-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip and M7-ubuntu-conf.zip
    This should be all! with thanks to Arcterus who posted the info for me!​
    18. Do I need a certain firmware/radio/bootloader
    - No, this SHOULD work with every firmware/radio/bootloader​
    19. I updated my primary rom/kernel and now the multirom bootmenu is gone!
    - Go into recovery > advanced > multirom > inject current bootsector and reboot​
    20. Will data be shared between roms
    - No, all roms have their own data partition, mind you this takes ALOT of spaces with many apps installed​
    21. Secondary roms just boots to the primary rom!
    - Some (newer) roms use a defective update script to flash the rom.
    They install themselves to a hardcoded block location! this is VERY bad practice, and could be potentially dangerous if flashed on a device with a different partition layout!

A normal update script mounts the following way:
    Code:
    mount("ext4", "EMMC", "system", "/system");
    In other words: let recovery find the right partition (called system) and mount it as system.
    Multirom would step in here and give the adjusted path to the system partition block

Some roms mount in the following way:
    Code:
    mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p35", "/system")
    In other words: mount block (hardcoded) block 0p35 as system

This hardcoded block IS the PRIMARY system partition, and Multirom can’t change that.
    As such these “bad” update scripts just flashes a secondary rom on the primary system partition
    So make sure to backup your PRIMARY rom before flashing a SECONDARY rom​
    22. I get NFC Force Close on my first boot
    - Hold power button and reboot to the same rom, problem should be gone now​
    23. What if my question is not in the FAQ?
    - First search the thread!
    - Second: SEARCH AGAIN!
    - Only if you are 100% sure the answer is NOT in the thread you can ask your question, but you HAVE to provide the following:
    Code:
     Primary ROM:
     Primary Kernel:
     Secondary Roms:

You can find the text &code for everything below in the following link
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/10B38SlCliWHPsfCI39I_sNmQNgVvTJpBx4A_Fwr_Nsc/edit?usp=sharing