[Q] ZTE Valet Root Possible?

Search This thread

krilzen

Nov 16, 2013
So recently bought the straight Talk ZTE Valet, and have been searching for a root for this device if anyone knows of any or is interested on trying to develop a root exploit. I'm willing to dump any and all files, as well as try any and all rooting methods. If there is already a root im sorry for making a duplicate post.

bummpr

Dec 21, 2008
I'm also looking for a root process that might work on the ZTE Valet now available on Tracfone. Help please!

maine_fungi

May 28, 2007
Any luck?

I am also looking for a root solution for this phone. Either of you had any luck?

I have tried many methods that have worked on other devices, but no luck yet.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
I'm also interested, mainly to move more apps, data. The phone does move some apps to a micro SD but not all.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
It is JB 4.1. I haven't tried Superone but will check it out. My root experience has been limited with a Hisense tablet and methods specific to that.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

karmmisht

Nov 17, 2013
ZTE Valet - tried a few methods so far with no luck

have you guys tried superone click? i have to ask is it gingerbread or what os android version is it?

The ZTE Valet Z665 has JB (4.1.1).

So far, I've tried Bin4ry (v32), framaroot (1.6.1), and poot (current version). None worked. In looking at superoneclick, I might not be understanding things very well but it appears to require a CWM image which does not (yet) exist - is that right?

What other methods appear to be worth a try and what have people tried on the ZTE Valet? Anyone aware of a source for the stock ROM? Are there other phones sufficiently similar where the CWM recovery would function on the Valet?

BTW, I just picked up my ZTE Valet at Fred Meyer where it was on sale for $49.99 (Tracfone, no contract). It's a great buy for that price. The sale is over but if interested, keep an eye out for the ads.

Like others, thanks for any ideas.

karmmisht

Nov 17, 2013
Tried superoneclick and z4root

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OK - tried superoneclick and z4root. These in addition to Bin4ry, framaroot, and poot didn't work. I'm a novice at this and am nervous trying some of these options that seem to lack proper pedigree and openness. Also, since I don't have a backup, a more invasive technique also worries me. I'm hoping one of you brave souls will try something out and hopefully give some of us some specifics on what you did to get this phone rooted. It would also be helpful to know what you did actually try (details) that didn't work. Thanks.

Update: Also just tried the adb method which didn't work for me http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224774[/adb root guide].

Although I took care in trying each of the methods mentioned above and repeated them, I could have screwed up. So ... maybe someone else can report their results just to be sure. I would not re-try z4root but the others don't seem too harmful and my phone still works.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224774

Last edited:
Reactions: gberpa

krilzen

Nov 16, 2013
OK - tried superoneclick and z4root. These in addition to Bin4ry, framaroot, and poot didn't work. I'm a novice at this and am nervous trying some of these options that seem to lack proper pedigree and openness. Also, since I don't have a backup, a more invasive technique also worries me. I'm hoping one of you brave souls will try something out and hopefully give some of us some specifics on what you did to get this phone rooted. It would also be helpful to know what you did actually try (details) that didn't work. Thanks.

Update: Also just tried the adb method which didn't work for me http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224774[/adb root guide].

Although I took care in trying each of the methods mentioned above and repeated them, I could have screwed up. So ... maybe someone else can report their results just to be sure. I would not re-try z4root but the others don't seem too harmful and my phone still works.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224774

Tried all of the above also z4root really seemed to take a toll on the device a question I was wondering is if we had an almost identical phone would the cwm for that work?

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
I'm also interested, mainly to move more apps, data. The phone does move some apps to a micro SD but not all.

My ZTE turned out to be defective. Screen become unresponsive even after going to recovery, trying to wipe caches/reformatting and even finally attemting to restore to factory state. K-mart wouldn't accept it for an exchange since I bought it out of state. TracFone says they will'll replace it after I ship it to them on their dime. Up until this I liked the phone, except for sound clarity outgoing seemed poorer than mt LG290c from one test from a noisy place.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
New phone received and checks out OK enuf to keep. WiFi OK at home but only fair with weak source. Doing this on my Hisense Sero 7 Pro which does better with less than strongest wifi. Screen slightly less crisp at lower brightness than original when it worked. Got 9x more min, text, MB than expected when transferred from old phone so definitely keeping.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts