[Q] Install "Resurrection Remix" on a I9300XXUGNA8 4.3

Search This thread

vertigo911

Aug 9, 2014
Hello everyone,
I've read whatever I could find about the subject, but the fear of bricking my device led me to open up a new thread;
I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything (I cant post on the development thread).

So, I have a galaxy S3 I9300XXUGNA8 4.3, and I want to wipe it clean, root it, and install "resurrection remix" rom.
From what i thought I understand, I can do that by
1. factory reset
2. root it by following: cant post urls. google "Root I9300XXUGNA8 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware Running on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300- Simple Tutorial"
3. install the rom using the instructions here (cant post urls): (youtube) watch?v=ROoHyHVIzl8

my questions are:
1. In the installation instructions in the main development thread it says: - Make sure you are either on any KitKat ROM (CM11, etc) or on 4.2.2 TW based ROM and NOT on 4.1.2 TW based ROM.
as stated, my JB is 4.3, and it says nothing about it; am I safe to continue, or am I not suppose to install this rom?

2. the video instructions (number 3 above) is meant for note 2; can i apply them to my device and just choose, "galaxy s3 i9300", or should i follow a different set of rules altogether?

3. should I "factory reset" before I start rooting, or can I do that as part of the rom installation (I want to start clean, and have a back up for everything else)?

Thank you for your kind help, energy and time. it is very much appreciated!!
Vert.

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hello everyone,
I've read whatever I could find about the subject, but the fear of bricking my device led me to open up a new thread;
I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything (I cant post on the development thread).

So, I have a galaxy S3 I9300XXUGNA8 4.3, and I want to wipe it clean, root it, and install "resurrection remix" rom.
From what i thought I understand, I can do that by
1. factory reset
2. root it by following: cant post urls. google "Root I9300XXUGNA8 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware Running on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300- Simple Tutorial"
3. install the rom using the instructions here (cant post urls): (youtube) watch?v=ROoHyHVIzl8

my questions are:
1. In the installation instructions in the main development thread it says: - Make sure you are either on any KitKat ROM (CM11, etc) or on 4.2.2 TW based ROM and NOT on 4.1.2 TW based ROM.
as stated, my JB is 4.3, and it says nothing about it; am I safe to continue, or am I not suppose to install this rom?

2. the video instructions (number 3 above) is meant for note 2; can i apply them to my device and just choose, "galaxy s3 i9300", or should i follow a different set of rules altogether?

3. should I "factory reset" before I start rooting, or can I do that as part of the rom installation (I want to start clean, and have a back up for everything else)?

Thank you for your kind help, energy and time. it is very much appreciated!!
Vert.

Read this >> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/howto-rooting-wiping-flashing-ultimate-t1911726 <<;)

vertigo911

Aug 9, 2014
thanks, i have, but...

thanks, i have,
but my question comes from the fact that I see some people had 4.3 and still installed Resurrection Remix successfully.

given that i9300 4.3 is one of the most popular versions of the galaxy s3 out there, i guessed that it should work, but since i couldn't find any official confirmation for it, I would still like a sure-fire answer (meaning, for all I know, the guys who made it work with 4.3 are far more knowledgeable than I am, and probably took further steps than just follow the instructions for 4.2)..

again, I just need confirmation for 4.3, and that is why i was so specific. I searched for hours to the best of my ability.

thanks again :)

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
thanks, i have,
but my question comes from the fact that I see some people had 4.3 and still installed Resurrection Remix successfully.

given that i9300 4.3 is one of the most popular versions of the galaxy s3 out there, i guessed that it should work, but since i couldn't find any official confirmation for it, I would still like a sure-fire answer (meaning, for all I know, the guys who made it work with 4.3 are far more knowledgeable than I am, and probably took further steps than just follow the instructions for 4.2)..

again, I just need confirmation for 4.3, and that is why i was so specific. I searched for hours to the best of my ability.

thanks again :)

Basically Resurrection Remix is a 4.4 Kitkat rom when you swap between versions ie 4.1 to 4.3 or 4.3 to 4.4 a full wipe is recommended this means format system, data,cache etc not just a factory reset this is what causes alot of trouble for people when flashing.

I recommend PhilZ recovery it as a option to "install a new rom" in settings and wipes the necessary files needed to install a new rom.:)

vertigo911

Aug 9, 2014
Basically Resurrection Remix is a 4.4 Kitkat rom when you swap between versions ie 4.1 to 4.3 or 4.3 to 4.4 a full wipe is recommended this means format system, data,cache etc not just a factory reset this is what causes alot of trouble for people when flashing.

I recommend PhilZ recovery it as a option to "install a new rom" in settings and wipes the necessary files needed to install a new rom.:)

Thank you very much!
the reason I asked is because I heard 4.3 ota update has knox, which means trouble...

You're basically saying that if I'm not having problems rooting the 4.3, I shouldn't worry about installing RR 4.4, right?

again, thanks very much for helping! I really appreciate it!

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Thank you very much!
the reason I asked is because I heard 4.3 ota update has knox, which means trouble...

You're basically saying that if I'm not having problems rooting the 4.3, I shouldn't worry about installing RR 4.4, right?

again, thanks very much for helping! I really appreciate it!

I9300 does not have knox and will never have knox:D Just make sure you do a full wipe system data etc and also do backups if needed and you will be fine..Also look at the link in my signature before you flash anything backup your efs or you may have big problems later if you don't! This is very important!!:good: