[Q] Firmware for Galaxy Tab 4 8.0

Search This thread

paulrileysullivan

Mar 11, 2011
San Diego
Now that i'm rooted, I need a backup plan incase any of the mods I do breaks the system. I went to SamMobile's website for the firmware, and the only firmware that matches, says it's for the Canadian device. All the information matches on my US model as the Canadian firmware. In fact, there is no US model listed on their Firmware list. Has anyone tried flashing the Canadian Firmware to their US Tab with success? Please let me know so I can safely start to make mods to me system. Thanks.

Here's the link to SamMobile's Firmware page for SM-T330NU.

Zestar

Jan 12, 2012
need to reset

Im also interested on install this version to see if it fixs the choppy video playback issue

chris peas

Feb 23, 2011
To fix choppy vid playback on my 8.0 tab I removed most of the preloaded apps and pushed aside the stock TouchWiz launcher for Nova launcher. All my video apps played smooth afterward.

The preloaded apps and stock launcher are hogs. Free up memory and it should fix video playback.

Zestar

Jan 12, 2012
mine is actually cellular south

im guessing based on this
Product Code: XAR

when i enter recovery mode it sais soemthing about CSC XAR dont know if its the same thing.

Now that i'm rooted, I need a backup plan incase any of the mods I do breaks the system. I went to SamMobile's website for the firmware, and the only firmware that matches, says it's for the Canadian device. All the information matches on my US model as the Canadian firmware. In fact, there is no US model listed on their Firmware list. Has anyone tried flashing the Canadian Firmware to their US Tab with success? Please let me know so I can safely start to make mods to me system. Thanks.

scihte

Apr 27, 2009
Invermere
I wish I could give you a complete list of what I removed. However I didn't make one. My advice. Back up your system, delete 1 or 2 at a time, reboot, continue on. Anything from Samsung I tried to remove. IF not sure about removing a particular app, google its use, ask here, make a copy first.

Zestar

Jan 12, 2012
Stock Netflix 1.8.1

i tried disabling almost everything , it tried without adding any account to avoid updates, what finally works was to install stock Stock Netflix 1.8.1
what i think is happening is that Netflix mistakenly try to reproduce 1080p video, and that is to much for the tablet, old Netflix is cap at 720p and there isn't to much difference really since tablet is only 800p.

video plays smooth using old netflix no matter default process are running in background.
i went to ask full refund and get another one, same problem.

Last edited:

Zestar

Jan 12, 2012

I successfully installed the Cellular south XAR Version in mine.

regards