Search This thread

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
 **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]** * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken * * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread.

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom.

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the Motorola Photon 4G?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Root the Photon.
  2. Unlock the Bootloader.
  3. Flash the recovery on my site in cwm
  4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  5. Flash This ROM.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod.
  3. Flash gapps.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
Latest version: check site
Gapps: Link

Other

New touch based installer at jokersax.com no more confusing wipes or methods of flashing.

Credits:
joxersax11 -King Kollaborator iservin -Wiki Master cybik xboxfanj turl shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer/calkulin - 5027pre3 Recovery shabbypenguin - AIO Root the2dcour - Unlocked bootloader ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
first of all thank focus.lau

http://bbs.189store.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15563&page=1&extra=#pid511942

this will start off using his version. eventually i will get source downloaded(hopefully today), and ill begin getting all the bugs worked out.

this version was provided by focus.lau, i modified it to make it semi usable. 99% of the credit to this point is all focus.lau! i simply fixed a few issues preventing boot up using stateside photons. it can be modified in the same way miui was by adding parts from this and that and getting alittle more function.

my plans are to get cm9 source downloaded and find time to bang out all the necessaries to get cm9 fully working. its going to be a long road but we gots the cm9 before 2012!

currently uploading/fixing data/phone

Joker, you are da man!

Reactions: ryuken11221

jokersax11

Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
ok i gotta get some sleep, cm9 source issues are now resolved so i should be able to start building in a day or so.

i this modified this build so it wasnt in chinese and so it would flash on our photons with our recoveries.

you guys can tweak and mod and try to get this build going all you want. im uploading so be patient if its not there yet.

have fun. :cool:

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
The op is questionable

Posts by wdl900 edited on 2011-12-27 20:36

Pro: you are still not official 4.0 for the news of trouble? You still waiting for official cm9 it? ? Tell you that from today you do not have to wait, now let you taste the taste of 4.0, because we do a large egg, ha ha, did not ask you served? I was served, and sincerely thank the selfless dedication of the egg show! !
Since there is no official version of the kernel, this release is trial version, not the complete version, but it was enough, because we have taken a historic moment Egg a ~~~~~~~~~~~
Special thanks to XDA here on FXP, CM team, as well as Pharaoh, show video, the child generation to the show, and all who support the show eggs, axes have you even more exciting! ! !
The version of the source code is compiled based on cm9, moto photon official kernel, version experience, as well as imperfections ~ ~ ~ ~
Note: This version of the version to be perfect in CM7, based on the upgrade (7.2 to be a perfect version of the first brush, brush after the first restart, and then transferred to recovery under the brush CM9) brush cm9 card before, do not wipe, otherwise the phone will FC, we remember ah, as to the issue of FC, eggs will be perfect after the show, we can support a ~~~~~

Reactions: fariszomboy

dxl880517

Dec 3, 2011
Qinhuangdao
I have to say, Chinese are great!! LOL, I have flashed this rom, the biggist problema are camera and sd card, and games often fcs, most of the time they cannot be opened at all, but it's a gaint step towards cm9. I appreciate your and those developers' work very much. together we can build our perfect cm9. I am testing it right now.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
I have to say, Chinese are great!! LOL, I have flashed this rom, the biggist problema are camera and sd card, and games often fcs, most of the time they cannot be opened at all, but it's a gaint step towards cm9. I appreciate your and those developers' work very much. together we can build our perfect cm9. I am testing it right now.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Whats wrong with the sd card and have you tried a 3rd party camera app?

Reactions: fariszomboy

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
Looks like I wont be using this till my day off

Posts by editing focus on 2011-12-27 20:22

First to download my attachment. vold.fstab.apk (2.29 KB, Downloads: 42) If there is no ADB tool, prior to your mother and then download a good degree, and then placed in c: \ windows \ system32 under.

After downloading, remove the. Apk suffix.

WIN + R and enter cmd into the command line, execute the following command sequence:

adb push vold.fstab (if not the same level directory, please fill out the complete path, such as c: \ vold.fstab) / mnt / emmc / / push the file you downloaded to the root directory emmc

adb shell / / entering the shell
su / / get root privileges
mount-o remount, rw-t yaffs2 / dev/block/mtdblock3 / system / / mount the file system as read-write

cp / mnt / emmc / vold.fstab / system / etc / / / replace the previous file
exit
exit
adb reboot / / restart

This last statement, the phone automatically restart after you can get.
If you do not know the meaning of the above command a one executive put it. / / .. This is a comment. Meaning to tell you. Command is above the red part! !

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
mount-o remount, rw-t yaffs2 / dev/block/mtdblock3 / system / / mount the file system as read-write

this concerns me... for someone who compiled cm9 how does he think we have yaffs anywhere on this phone? or mtd partitions? this is an emmc device.. :/

and this rather spoils the fun :O i have had cm9 source down :p

as i said i liked being lazy but i havent been ;)

jokersax11

Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Looks like I wont be using this till my day off

Posts by editing focus on 2011-12-27 20:22

First to download my attachment. vold.fstab.apk (2.29 KB, Downloads: 42) If there is no ADB tool, prior to your mother and then download a good degree, and then placed in c: \ windows \ system32 under.

After downloading, remove the. Apk suffix.

WIN + R and enter cmd into the command line, execute the following command sequence:

adb push vold.fstab (if not the same level directory, please fill out the complete path, such as c: \ vold.fstab) / mnt / emmc / / push the file you downloaded to the root directory emmc

adb shell / / entering the shell
su / / get root privileges

cp / mnt / emmc / vold.fstab / system / etc / / / replace the previous file
exit
exit
adb reboot / / restart

This last statement, the phone automatically restart after you can get.
If you do not know the meaning of the above command a one executive put it. / / .. This is a comment. Meaning to tell you. Command is above the red part! !

wow. umm to everyone else, please just use root explorer/regular adb/unzip add rezip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
     **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]** * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken * * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread.

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom.

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the Motorola Photon 4G?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Root the Photon.
    2. Unlock the Bootloader.
    3. Flash the recovery on my site in cwm
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Flash This ROM.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod.
    3. Flash gapps.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Gapps: Link

Other

New touch based installer at jokersax.com no more confusing wipes or methods of flashing.

Credits:
    joxersax11 -King Kollaborator iservin -Wiki Master cybik xboxfanj turl shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer/calkulin - 5027pre3 Recovery shabbypenguin - AIO Root the2dcour - Unlocked bootloader ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Okay due to the recent changes in cm9 install process I am writing a short guide from my phone. A longer version is planned and will be posted on my site.

If you wipe system you must flash the rom twice. Anyone that has followed long enough remembers the double flashing days till I fixed it. Well its back.

So to update from any cm9 rom with wipe

Factory reset
    Flash rom
    Flash gapps
    Simple.

To update from any cm9 without wiping.

Flash rom
    Flash gapps
    Simpler.

To update from cm7, miui, gingerbread, etc

Wipe system
    Factory reset
    Flash rom
    Flash rom again(notice it takes longer)
    Flash gapps
    Profit

What about dalvik cache?
    Well it sits on data and is checked every boot. If it detects a change it will erase the old cache and rebuild. So if you do a factory reset you erase dalvik cache. If you upgrade versions without a wipe it magically erases dalvik for you.

What about data or cache?
    Factory reset wipes data, cache, and apks installed on any sdcards.

Why should I only wipe system if coming from a non-cm9 based rom?
    Cm9 has install scripts that copy certain noncm parts from system, installs then puts it back. If nothing is there it can't copy. Thus flashing twice.

When do I flash gapps?
    Every single time.

My battery sucks?
    Cm9 handles a lot more open apps then gingerbread. Multitasking is spectacular with ics. However running 70+ apps at once turns your phone into my ex and literally sucks the life out of your battery. This explains why there is such a drastic difference between battery life's with different users. Also keep in mind that we are using a froyo kernel, drivers from 3 different devices and none are ics tegra ap20 based, and this is still beta.

So why do people get an attitude with me?
    Because you don't search or read. I purposely don't hold peoples hand. You must read at least some. There is always a risk with flashing anything custom. The more I baby people the dumber the questions get, however once stable I'll dumb it down to anyones level and tweak it to death. Currently I'm only going for a fully functional cm9. Then comes the fun

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Already syncing and btw cm10 is already started

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    Jellybean lives on our phone, muahahaha

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    Look this isn't a stable rom. Its not completed. Currently I'm trying to get sw encoding going for the camcorder. Right now that is causing the camera to run sluggish. Oc and you'll be fine in landscape. Camera does work. You people do realize we have no ics kernel or drivers? The fact that it works at all is pretty good considering how many devices out there don't have ics at all much less have camera.

When I get time I'll make some revert flashables for people that don't like new test builds. I don't want 500000000 posts of flash this revert to get cm9 working. If you need what that revert has fine just don't direct everyone to only do it your way.

This is a beta development project. I will be experimenting and breaking perfectly good stuff to find better setups. By the time I'm done cm9 will be close to perfect.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA