[ROM] Cassie's XtraLiteRom JELLYBEAN V14.8 LSZ "Your Rom Your Way" 24/02/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Vrayhem

Dec 31, 2011
Yeah u rebooted out of cwm.

As mentioned in first post

Install abyss then click advanced reboot recovery.

Then wipe and install rom

All u need ro do is poweroff

Then hold vol up. Home key and power to get back into recovery

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Tried that and the recovery keeps flashing and as soon as I press volume up to get to the Advanced option it restarts again. I guess I will have to flash using PC Odin and start from a GB rom.

moybster

Mar 3, 2012
i am currently on CF LQ2. so as lomg as i flash abyss 4.2 and do the wipings i should be ok to install your ROM while i am on rocketrom LQ3?

sujal

Dec 29, 2010
Delhi
I have got a little problem. I tried flashing Goku's kernel, it flashed successfully but then my phone got stuck on the Samsung logo. Then I reflashed the ROM, tried flashing the 15 toggle mod and same thing happened. What do I need to do!??

Sent from my Galaxy Note running Cassie's XtraLiteRom ICS v6 using XDA Premium xD

gx3k

Jul 8, 2008
Finished installing v6 with the theme, all seems well except for minor things like laggyness when swiping away apps on the task manager and forgetting to choose a start up screen which is now just a blank screen. Is there a zip file I can flash to get a nice start up screen? Thanks :)

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have got a little problem. I tried flashing Goku's kernel, it flashed successfully but then my phone got stuck on the Samsung logo. Then I reflashed the ROM, tried flashing the 15 toggle mod and same thing happened. What do I need to do!??

Sent from my Galaxy Note running Cassie's XtraLiteRom ICS v6 using XDA Premium xD

Y u using goku. Cf is the only fully working lrg kernel. Id it not. Did u grt back to full working lrg rom and rebooted before installing 15 toggle. Which 15 toggle mod u use. Trinevs was the only lrg one compatible.

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Tried that and the recovery keeps flashing and as soon as I press volume up to get to the Advanced option it restarts again. I guess I will have to flash using PC Odin and start from a GB rom.

But abyss is touch recovery u dont need the buttons.

I would follow dr k guide and use lrg stock install and root then flash rom. No real need for gb

Reactions: lellee

Flex Developer

May 13, 2012
So far battery life seems to be the same as with thunderbolt installed. Used GNote as usual so far today and have not seen any difference in battery drain. Everything else is uber cool ...........

Will let you know at the end of the day how battery has shaped up. But like you, i'm not concerned with how good or bad battery life is, whats important is the Rom itself ....... and you have done an awesome job on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So far battery life seems to be the same as with thunderbolt installed. Used GNote as usual so far today and have not seen any difference in battery drain. Everything else is uber cool ...........

Will let you know at the end of the day how battery has shaped up. But like you, i'm not concerned with how good or bad battery life is, whats important is the Rom itself ....... and you have done an awesome job on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear and many thanks indeedy

gx3k

Jul 8, 2008
I always get great battery life out of Cassie's ROMs, maybe because i always do a battery calibration every time I install a new ROM. I still have 91% battery after 7 hours with 1 hour of playing music and checking email. Any ideas how to get a start up animation? I forgot to choose it when installing the ROM. Is there any recommended kernel better than the default one?

Thanks for the great ROM thering :)

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I always get great battery life out of Cassie's ROMs, maybe because i always do a battery calibration every time I install a new ROM. I still have 91% battery after 7 hours with 1 hour of playing music and checking email. Any ideas how to get a start up animation? I forgot to choose it when installing the ROM. Is there any recommended kernel better than the default one?

Your welcome

Plenty of boot animations in theme section

Flex Developer

May 13, 2012

Battery Calibration ????? Whats this then ..... :p

gx3k

Jul 8, 2008
Its an app in the market that basically removes the battery stats so the phone will give accurate battery readings. You can do it manually via clockwork mod (wipe battery stats) but i use the battery calibration app. Its best to calibrate the battery every time you install a new ROM (charge the battery on full before doing it).

LunatikBunnie

Apr 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
www.bakanohito.com
Hey thering, I took the liberty of fixing the typos and making the first few paragraphs more pleasing to the english eccentric bunch.

here's the snippet i modified
Code:
Cassie's XtraLiteRom ICS EDITION v6.0 LRG (DBT default) 

Your Rom, Your way

As of version 5 this rom uses the aroma installer (amarullz original creator and thanks to Staxxthedan whose setup I inspected as to understand how it all works), what this allows you to do is create the rom the way you like it without having to flash additional zip folders etc.

All you need to do is now download the one package from which you can install three versions of my rom to suit your needs.

1) Option 1 - Full Fat Stock for those that like it Chunky and Stock
2) Option 2 - Standard XLR edition - The Original ultra lite rom tweaked
3) Option 3 - Build your rom however you like, choose which apps/mods/etc you wish to install and do it in one flash in the new Aroma installer environment.

See Aroma in action here:

Why use this rom? Well, its’ a good solid base for you to tweak how YOU want. There are many roms out there far in advance than this one however, what we have here is a smooth trusty solid rom.

The following explains why people use this rom :-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Cassie's XtraLiteRom JELLYBEAN V14.8 LSZ "Your Rom Your Way" 24/02/2013

Cassie's XtraLiteRom jellybean EDITION v14.8 LSZ

You're Rom You're way

Now the longest running Custom Rom for the Galaxy Note

Version 14.6 onwards has a totally rewritten aroma installer giving you additional flexibility.

Many users asked for the option to install just apps from Aroma which in previous versions was not possible. Well now it is. If you wish to go back in and install just one app you can do so now.

You also get to choose your modem as well with several options avaliable which best suits different areas.

Too make the rom your own select - Option 4) Create your own XLR rom to your liking - in the Aroma Installer

This is where the magic begins. In the background you will have the Original XLR edition base, but you can select which apps and mods you want to install. It is all done in touch recovery and very easy to use. You can add only the apps you want, wethere you want 15 toggle mods etc. You can build your rom your way

See the all new Aroma in action here:

Why use this rom. Well its a good solid base for you to tweak how YOU want. There are many roms out there far in advance of this one however what we have here is a smooth trusty solid rom.

The following explains why people use this rom

Jellybean Official LSZ

Rom is very fluid. So far after a few hours of usage, its bugfree and no FC's from my end. So far i cannot tell about battery life and frankly speaking i dont care. As long as i can feel the smoothness and fluidity of things, i am a happy person. You have done a great job here. Rom is really fast and smooth. All the crap stuff that shouldnt be in there, isnt in there and that's a fantastic job.

I would highly recommend this rom for those who intend on using it as daily drivers. No crap stuff, pure simple and a painless rom.

Thanks @thering1975.

There's a lot of other ROMs out there, and I've tried them all. Some had lots of
    stock crapware (slooow), some had kernel issues (baterry overheating, poor life).
    That's why I keep finding myself restoring XL6, much like a stray hubby coming back to his good wife after a romp on the side.:)

So, thank you once again for your great work.

OMFG!!!
    This ROM is on Steroid! loving it so much.

As always a smoking rom .... Nice job :D

Just flashed, everything works as advertised, everything i selected from aroma installed, so everything is good. This thing is just bi-turbo!!!

Great!!!!a new Cassie !might not be the first out ,but always the best.

From the man in your attic...

Specs

VERSION 14 official LSZ JELLYBEAN-Aroma Edition

Based on officialn LSZ GERMANY ROM
    Deodexed and Zipaligned by Eyebee
    Philz LSZ kernel
    LSO or LR1 Modem
    Thunderbolt tweaks applied for smoother experience and battery use thanks Pikachu01
    Services.Jar modded for enhanced speed and ready for v6 sc
    Services.Jar modded for 24 Hour app expiry multitasking not 30min
    Services.Jar modded for DIEhardened launcher in memory
    Restored Build.Prop tweaks streamlined for Jellybean
    Working Snote with productivity
    Full stock look as standard or various mini themes in aroma
    Used preload partirion with symlinks
    Included adobe flash in system
    Added 4 way reboot option
    Added airview fix. Works in email gallery video calendar and bookmarks

V14.8 also includes

Mini Themes by Trinev
    Mod Pack inc mods by the people listed below
    Modem choice in Aroma
    Some apps installed to data
    Philz 4.63 LSZ Kernel

This Rom has a stock theme, allowing you to choose a theme based on your preferences rather than mine

As Always, make sure you make a nandroid before installing this rom, i will not be held responsible for any issues that may arise AND BACK UP YOUR EFS FOLDER before flashing ANY rom

Downloads

Test Version

Cassies XLR V14.8 Test Build

Stable

JELLYBEAN LSZ V14

Cassies XtraLiteRom V14 LSZ 814mb

Mirrors Courtesy of Bangsti

Mirror 1

Mirror 2 Thanks to Bangsti

LSZ All In One Mod Pack ONLY FOR V14

Cassies XLR Mod Pack

This all in one mod pack contains:

Native Call Recording
    All Apps in MultiWindow Mode
    Sms Hack to 200 recipients
    Sms Convert to MMS now set to 200
    No SMS / Email in Logs
    SMS Sent time not received time
    Lockscreen shortcuts added

All the above thanks to Eybee1970

Also included is the Ink Effect and settips apk courtesy of Mythtrandyr

Also included number 2 is Camera shutter sound on or off by majdinj

Install Instructions from ICS roms ON SAFE KERNELS OR CM10

OPTION 1 PREFERRED OPTION

Download stock LSZ odin file
    Download phils LM5 root kernel odin file
    Download Rom
    Download triangleaway from xda
    Power off phone into download mode
    Open oding and select stock rom odin file in pda and flash
    Reboot once done
    Power down to download mode after reboot
    Reopen odin and flash philz kernel odin file in pda
    Reboot
    Copy rom and triangleaway to phone
    Reboot to recovery
    Factory data reset twice
    Wipe cache
    Wipe dalvik
    Format preload partition
    Install from zip
    Selext cassies xlr zip and follow aroma instructionw
    Reboot and set phone up
    Install triangleaway head warnings on the app thread do this at ur risk
    Run triangleaway and follow instructions

Completed

Option 2 dirty route

Download philz Lm5 cwm zip
    Download my rom
    Download sbl cwm file from eyebees thread
    Enter cwm and flash philz kernel
    Reboot recovery
    Follow the wipe stepa from option 1
    Install rom
    Reboot
    Once set up power off to download mode
    Flasy eyebees sbl file in cwm reboot and enjoy

Speed up animations

1)Settings>Dev options
    2) Change window and transition animations to x .5
    How to create your own custom rom for the note

Part 1 - Setting up the tools required to build your custom TW rom

Part 1 - Build Environment

Part 2 - Extract Deodex and Zipalign plus build prop intro this video is split into two sections due to youtubes time limit crap

Part 1 Deodex Zipalign

Part 2 Deodex Zipalign

Part 3 - Brief intro to the updater-script

Updater script introduction

Part 4 - Decompiling Apks (framework-res)

Part 5 - Aroma Installer

FAQ

Q) Do you offer support?

A) I do this for the fun of it, i wanted a challenge when i got the note back in November 2011 and there was only 1 custom rom. So i thought i would learn and see if i could produce one. I made errors on the way and in fact its great to look back at the original posts to see how far we have come. Anyways a year on and a few grey hairs later and its still going strong. But to the point in hand, yes i will support anyone as long as they have read the instrucions and reread them and then applied them. If you are courteous so will i, if you are rude i will just ignore you. Users of this rom feel free to assist anyone, however this thread has always been free of rudeness or arogance and i like to keep it that way. Too many custom rom threads degenerate into flaming or *****yness, NOT HERE though, this rom has survived because its a good solid stable twekable rom to your liking with users that actually care.

Q) Come on wheres your donate button hidden?
    A) i did this for myself to prove i could do it, i didnt think anyone would want to use it but some seem to like it. However the true heroes are people like Philz for his kernel and Pikachu01 for his excellent tweaks, and Eyebee for his dedication to the community. If you want to make a donation then please assist them as without them our phones would never get away from stock!

Q) Mirrors and ETA

A), Firstly i will use two hosts Dev Host and Mega. Mega is the fastest DevHost is for those that cannot reach Mega. If you wish to provide a mirror then feel free i do not track downloads just please pm me the link so i can dd to the front page rather than posting the link direct. Also please do not ask for ETA, i always keep users informed of the progress and expected ETA if i give a date or time ill keep to it unless something goes wrong.
    Let me know how you get on its early stages but pretty stable so far. Remember to check known issues

Im working on a version 3 at the moment, and will include tb 2.1.7 scripts.

Its going to be a complete rebuild and full wipe, the update zips seem to be playing havoc lol as market and tb were fine b4 hand (again my tb are playing as they should)

Im looking at some aggressive scripts too ensure it wipes correctly at the mo.

It will be percentage mod full wipe and stock full wipe.

Not sure if i will put in crt as after the initial oo look at that who looks at it anyway.

I will mod brightness to be lower as mentioned before in dark rooms.

This wwill be final version so i will release once i have everything ironed out and tested and retested.

Im going to use more aggressive LMB at 80mb rather than 60mb better for performance lower for multitasking, but tbh multi task ios great on ics not gingerbread so theres a trade off.

Im downloading all i need now so will start building tommorrow.

I will also leave this as default csc code which is kor. if the scripts do there job you should be able to change this to suit as this may be causing issues with market.
    Ok

As always i place link to new rom here before main page as i call it beta.

in effects its not beta at all but as everyone has different configs i cant check them all.

So far its smooth, stable and just works how it should.

As always its mod free for the mo but as they come out ill do mod packages

So the details

Based on LRQ rom
    Uk CSC
    Notecore Version 14
    Thunderbolt removed as was having negative effect
    Tweaks ammended for smoother frame rates (still advise .5 in dev options)
    Media profiles restored to correct values ( previous tweak was actually working against the quality so IQ should improve)

I have invcluded v14 of notecore as its been stable and smooth as hell for me, I know the omnicore/hydracore what ever its called is out so feel free to try i wanted a stable kernel with minimal fuss to ensure stable install

Remember backup backup backup before install or for ever be ridiculed

Cassies Xlr LRQ v8.zip - 648.16 MB