Best case for HTC One X

Search This thread

sropedia

Jul 12, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I guess dust will eventually get inside any case. As for the sides of the glass, it won't be a problem since I won't be used a full sized screen protector. Thank you for answering my questions, really appreciate it :)

No problem. I also have the case mate barely there, the speck candy shell, and the shelster holster combo of anyone has any questions about those

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: d0wnti.me

jjmai

Sep 10, 2008
Can someone recommend a non-bulky single-layer soft case that makes the power button easier to press?
If it makes the camera no longer protrude, it would be even better.
Thanks in advance.

h1m

Dec 25, 2011
Is it meant for the AT&T version? Does the camera fit perfectly?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

sandys1

Jun 4, 2010
Umm - I'm not sure about your definition of bulky, but the Ballistic case was the best in terms of button usage. This includes the volume rocker, which is typically very finicky.

It also stops the camera, screen, etc from ever touching the surface. Very, very good design.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

inksoldier

Dec 13, 2012
I've been using the Diztronic Flexible TPU case (Clear GlitterFlex) and so far it's been amazing. Compared to the CIMO TPU cases, the Diztronic is a little more rigid and not as flimsy. The open cutouts for the power button and volume are great additions. I had trouble with the CIMO cases before because I couldnn't tell if I was pressing the buttons or not. Definitely recommend this case.

KayxGee1

Jul 28, 2011
Totowa
I'm not saying this is the best case, but I've been using one for and its very good.

It's a silicone/hardcase combination. It also includes a kickstand.

Review:
It fits very snug on the phone. The silicone part of the case makes it very easy to grip. It has silicone flaps for the headphone jack and micro USB port. It has a nice lip on the front to protect the screen when face down, but it's not big enough to get in the way of regular use. The camera has a nice lip as well to protect the lens and flash. There are also cut outs for the speaker and dock connectors which are a perfect size. The power button is very defined and feels nice. The one downside is the volume rocker buttons seem to feel faded with the rest of the case. This makes it hard to determine where they are, but they are distinguishable. The kickstand feels sturdy and its a very nice addition.

Overall it is an amazing case for the price. Check it out:

Hybrid Case

Pictures (HIGH RES!):

img20121223161050.jpg

img20121223160810.jpg

img20121223160837.jpg

img20121223160958.jpg

img20121223160822.jpg

img20121223160950.jpg

img20121223160925.jpg

img20121223160937.jpg

Sent from my Clean One X

Last edited:

eoraptor

Apr 27, 2012
Ottumwa
Thanks for all the reccomendations... I ended up getting a purple and gray case on clearence from Newegg for 29$. the phone also ended up coming with a leather phone-wallet.

cloverst

Feb 5, 2013
Hi!
Waking up the deads - I own a new HOX+ device, and wondered if it fits the speck candyshell / incipio cases of the One X?
I couldn't find a case made specially for one x plus, but I assume it's generally the same device.
Should I buy one of them?
Thanks in advance!

P.S.

I read somewhere about the Speck Candyshell, that it fits the phone in a way that it won't be possible OR be problematic to put a screen protector on it, too.
Is this true, or there is no problem combining the two?

Last edited:

blackplague1347

Dec 7, 2011
Honestly? I needed a case ASAP for my HOX, so I grabbed a Body Glove from Walmart (there are two kinds, I think; mine is the hard one?). It has two pieces and snaps on. I've since stopped looking for a "good" or "permanent" case, because this one suits quite nicely. Button cutouts, port cutouts, nice feel to the back of it, doesn't really collect much dust compared to some other cases I've used, thin, light, speaker cutout. Only downside is that it doesn't seem to go much above the camera lens on the back. Mine is still in perfectly good shape so far, though, so maybe it's decent enough. I combine the case with my Zagg HD and I feel pretty safe taking my phone out to play.

Edit: just found the packaging and it's a "Body Glove Smooth Case"

Last edited:

EoinCuinn

Aug 4, 2011
I posted awhile back on this thread regarding my Otterbox Defender, and the issues I had with it.

While their customer service was fantastic with dealing with my replacement, I am sorry to say the replacement has suffered exactly the same issues as the original. Once again the back section of silicon is expanding and lifting off the phone, and the rubber cover over the charge point is tearing. I'm not even hard on my phone, it spends it life either in my pocket or on my office desk.

On the back of two poor experiences, I would suggest not getting the Defender for this phone

I'm going to try the Silicrylic, see how that goes.

rancor22

May 15, 2012
Iowa
Hi!
Waking up the deads - I own a new HOX+ device, and wondered if it fits the speck candyshell / incipio cases of the One X?
I couldn't find a case made specially for one x plus, but I assume it's generally the same device.
Should I buy one of them?
Thanks in advance!

P.S.

I read somewhere about the Speck Candyshell, that it fits the phone in a way that it won't be possible OR be problematic to put a screen protector on it, too.
Is this true, or there is no problem combining the two?

Spec has a case for the one X+ and the case does work with screen protectors. The only problem is that if the screen protector is the slightest bit off center the case will hit it and start to peel the screen protector off.

eoraptor

Apr 27, 2012
Ottumwa
I posted awhile back on this thread regarding my Otterbox Defender, and the issues I had with it.

While their customer service was fantastic with dealing with my replacement, I am sorry to say the replacement has suffered exactly the same issues as the original. Once again the back section of silicon is expanding and lifting off the phone, and the rubber cover over the charge point is tearing. I'm not even hard on my phone, it spends it life either in my pocket or on my office desk.

On the back of two poor experiences, I would suggest not getting the Defender for this phone

I'm going to try the Silicrylic, see how that goes.
I have a Defender (the slate/royal purple combo) and I've never seen this problem. What I have seen is that under heavy loads, the H0X tends to get hot above the graphics port on the system board (IE, roughly beneath the SIM card slot) So I wonder if this isn't down to some rom your using over-clocking the phone to the point that it's melting/hardening your case under load. The drawback to the defender series case for H0X is that it doesn't breath well, between the foam pressure sticker, the rigid plastic core, and the silicon sleeve.

I have a related problem wherein if I play a graphically intensive app such as games with 3d sprites, that the phone will eventually overheat and lose connection with the sim card, and the problem is worse in the case than out of it because of the multiple thick layers. I worry one of these days it will cook off my sim card.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Just thought I would let you know I heard a rumor about a new case that comes out in March called the "Shocksuit" by Body Glove Mobile... I have seen the produtypes a couple times and it looks sweet!

Definitely protective and super slim!

Wow only took you guys what 10 months after the release of the phone to get a prototype built. You have a partnership with AT&T's R&D department?

brandontaz2k2

Jul 30, 2012
I really like my Ballistic case. Only issue that I have with it is the "BALLISTIC" text will get burned into the back of your phone (can be wiped off)

jc719

Nov 16, 2010
I just got the otterbox commuter in night blue...I hated it for the first few hours that I had it on due to the stiffness of the buttons but it has definitely grown on me overnight and this will probably be the case I use long term.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was going to start a new thread, but this one is screaming along so I will add my experience to this one

I was pretty taken by the Otterbox Defender (black) and got one at the end of July. At first I was pretty happy with it. The fit was good, and even though it's a chunky case, it was only 1mm bigger all round then my flip case.

A couple of months later, the rubber around the top and bottom of the phone started getting loose, and the back started to bubble off the back of the phone, and at this point it has stretched to sit about 5mm off the phone. I was also a bit iffy on the amount of dust and dead skin that makes its way though the speaker grill slot down in between the phone screen and the protective cover. Also, the little flappy bit that protects the charge point is starting to tear away.

On a whim, I decided to email Otterbox and give them some feedback on my experience. I wasn't necessarily after any financial or replacement results, I merely wanted to express my disappointment in their product.
    I was emailed within 12 hrs asking for photos and the product ID from the case. I replied
    I was emailed within 3hrs of those photos asking for my full residential address.
    I was then emailed within 12 hrs with an invoice showing a brand new shipped Otterbox defender replacing my unit.

Now I don't think I would buy another one of these cases for this phone. I honestly think it's a design flaw, and that the rubber is going to give way again sooner or later. However, I can't fault their customer service. There was never any issue with the warranty claim (which I never really submitted) and their correspondence has been fantastic

I will post again if they have made any improvements between the first one I got, and the replacement that is on the way
    Just thought I would let you know I heard a rumor about a new case that comes out in March called the "Shocksuit" by Body Glove Mobile... I have seen the produtypes a couple times and it looks sweet!

Definitely protective and super slim!

Wow only took you guys what 10 months after the release of the phone to get a prototype built. You have a partnership with AT&T's R&D department?
    I like the Seidio Active line, myself. I've used them on all of my Android phones and they offer great protection without adding much weight or bulk.
    I just got myself an Otterbox Commuter Case Blue/Black. It fits and looks great and really protects my HOX. And it's on sale for $19.87 on amazon right now. That's 60% off the original price

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-HTC4...7-19010+HTC+One+X+Commuter+Series+Case+-+Blue
    That's kind of unfortunate, I guess I'll have to see for myself how much that would bother me. How good/bad is the grip of the case though? And does it attract dust inside the case? I thought about getting the incipio sillicrylic but the lint attraction bothers me a lot

Well unlike some other cases it doesn't actually touch the camera ring, but kind of hovers about 2mm above it, which can attract some dust underneath it that you'll probably only see when you take off the case. Also I forgot to mention, the case encroaches pretty far onto the left and right side of the glass on the front, so you might have problems if your using a full sized wet application screen protector like I was.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app