Hp 8 1401 root

Search This thread

kiwibro92

Oct 2, 2012
I didn't know where else to post this so I thought I would put it here.
I recently just purchased a HP 8 1401 tablet and I'm wondering on the root method for it? any help would be great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solved factory reset problem HP 1401

I did a factory reset both from inside the android and from the recovery menu. Also I wiped out the cache too. Yes, I looked into HP's support page but I found nothing too, as you said. Is there any possibility in the end, to get the root and don't have the reset problem?

It would be very helpfull If you can send me the image you have as a temporary solution at least. If I find anything I'm planning to make a post in my Greek blog (eyrhka.gr) and post an answer here too. I'm watching this thread for a while but there are too few people own this tablet.

You lose the root but you win your tablet again
    You can resolve the reboot problem after rooting HP 8 1401 if you restore the original image from HP with adb sideload option (the only option that works, i try all the others first without sucess) in the recover menu

First you must download some files (Android SDK; Java SDK):

"pplware.sapo.pt/smartphones-tablets/android/como-usar-o-android-debug-bridge-adb"
    "2013/02/12/guide-how-to-use-adb-sideload-to-update-a-nexus-without-root-or-custom-recovery"]

because im new, i cant put urls so search the text up to find how to use adb option
    I have the last european original image if anyone needed, send me PM with a email so i can transfer the file by wetransfer
    ps: free of course

Best regards