[Q] Help with this new tablet, any hacks, roms, ? Impression 10 from leaders

Search This thread

boklos

Jul 2, 2011
This is a new ipad2 imitation, i'm interested but need community support please:

it is on HSN, these are the specs :

Specs

Model #:
i10-h
Operating System:
Google Android 2.2
Processor:
Samsung A8 Cortex 1GHz
Display:
9.7"; 1024 x 768 resolution; 4:3 aspect ratio
Dynamic RAM:
512MB DDR
Memory Storage:
4GB built-in
Memory Expansion:
microSD card slot
Wireless Networking:
802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1
Ports:
(1) HDMI output
(2) USB 2.0
(1) 3.5mm earphone jack
Battery:
Lithium-ion 6800 mAh
Measurements:
Approx. 9.64"L x 7.55"W x 0.47"H
Weight:
Approx. 0.8 lb.
Listing:
UL
Country of Origin:
China

M

Moto Mouth

I can not vouch for other methods but I have rooted this tablet with SuperOneClick ver. 2.1.1. If you leave "Exploit" on "auto" and click "root" you will be pleasantly surprised. Took me two tries, but if you turn on usb debugging in settings and leave the screen timeout on 30min your golden. Happy rooting.... I'm also uploading a google apps zip file. I unzipped it and installed all the files in the corresponding places to get a working Android Market. I used Android Commander to move the files & install apk's. *NOTE* You need to install the apps in the "/sysem/app" folder in this order...

1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
3. SetupWizard.apk
4. Talk.apk
5. Vending.apk
6. Gmail.apk
7. Maps.apk

After... Restart, Connect to wifi, and launch Market. You will be prompted to sign in to google. Then you will see Market License blah blah blah...

*Use the attached zip not the one at the following link* But use this link as a guide if you need it... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=827209

Have fun.

*Zip File Link*
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d85zjeb9b43j9do/gapps-hdpi-20100817-Impression_10.zip

****THIS METHOD WORKED FOR MY IMPRESSION 10 MODEL # i10-50, but UNTESTED by me on other models****

***EDIT*** Sorry guys... you were unlucky because I forgot something crucial.... THE DARN ADB DRIVER.... You will need to go into the device manager and right click the "Android" device with exclamation mark & click update driver. Search for the driver and point the installer to this folder should work on 32 & 64 bit if my edits are correct... Tested on 64 bit Windows 7.

DRIVER
http://www.mediafire.com/?lzrwj65da0c5c63

Also when you install those "/system/app" files above use Android Commanders "Installer" and install them one at a time in the order above. AND AFTER YOU RESTART USE LAUNCHER AND NOT SETUP OR YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE YOUR WIFI.

Last edited:

wonkastocks

Sep 5, 2011
I tried both methods,

SuperOneClick and Gingerbreak both did not work.

The table is running android 2.3.1.

M

Moto Mouth

I tried both methods,

SuperOneClick and Gingerbreak both did not work.

The table is running android 2.3.1.

Do you have usb debugging turned on, and did you use the latest version of SuperOneClick. For me it stalled when my screen timeout was to short and locked me out of my tablet when the screen cut off. Second time around it looked like it was going to fail, stalled and then prompted me to ok the install of busybox... etc etc. I am also running android 2.3.1 and it worked for me. Just have to keep trying till you get it.

PIC's...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5624/44983779.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3019/68779107.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7827/42856323.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3149/44013908.jpg

Remember i'm running a i10-50, but the pictures speak for themselves. SU, Market...

crystalrose63

Aug 14, 2010
Fails

I've also tried this on my husband's Impression 10 - same model i10-50. Can you give some details of how you rooted? What programs did you use besides Android Commander and SuperOneClick 2.2.1? Any help would be appreciated.:)

Duby1186

Jun 25, 2011
i just got an impression 10 as well. i10-50 model with android 2.3.1. im interested in more in depth info on rooting it as well. i tried updating firmware from the page it gives from the box. instructions to download the system.img file from the impression site. but i am not sure how long it takes? when i loaded the file on sd card and restarted (power+vol-) one time it stayed on the blue screen with the white status bar for like over a half hour. i thought it froze and restarted. when i tried it another few times the blue screen disapeared and i got a screen full of multi colored lines all down it. when i reseted.you could still faintly see those lines even when its running normaly. its faintly in background and you can see it more on certain pages or folders u open. my first tablet and i wish there was more info on it. any clue what im doing wrong?

Sep 7, 2011
leader Impression I10-50 firmware update

In order for the firmware update to be completed successfully, u need to first format your sd card via sd card reader or your tablet as follows:

Plug in the tablet via usb to your PC or load your card reader with sd card

Then select and left click whatever removable disk drive your tablet shows up

Select format and make sure the file system is set at FAT32

Select start, your sd card should begin formating.

Once complete, then u follow the 13 steps, but since you have already started step 1-13, just press your -volume and power buttons at the same time (steps 11 and 12 again) and it should update your tab. Be sure to do it twice as far as the volume and power button go so the update completes successfully.

Reactions: pascthier

StephenMC

Apr 11, 2011
Dallas
I cannot seem to get this thing to root....tried the above with the external sd unmounted and then removed. Followed the instruction on the gtab post. All I can see is the external sd card. It did install superuser. Without the sd it gets stuck at Step 6.

Last edited:

StephenMC

Apr 11, 2011
Dallas
It took awhile....but switched to EZ File Explorer. And I was able to see the internal sd and copy the files Then was able to install the market! Life is good!

Last edited:

TC93

Mar 2, 2011
It took awhile....but switched to EZ File Explorer. And I was able to see the internal sd and copy the files Then was able to install the market! Life is good!
Do you know if the root is reversible in case you need to put it back to the factory default? Would installing the image file on the Impression website reset the tablet back to stock firmware?

TC93

Mar 2, 2011
Yes, SuperOneClick has a unroot option as well.
Thanks for the reply. About that file program you used, the only one I can find with a similar name is "ES File explorer". Is that the one you used?

I can't get it to copy the files over in the system directory, it acts like its write protected and fails the copy. I must be doing something wrong.

TC93

Mar 2, 2011
I'll probably just give up on this. This still isn't wanting to write/copy the files. This is the whole reason I returned my Nook Color before because of the hassle it takes to do this.

edit: it copies a few files, but then some files it says it failed.. like the "maps.apk" file.

Last edited:

StephenMC

Apr 11, 2011
Dallas
Had a few apk's not move as well. I think map was one of them. Just followed the install order and did those from the external sd.....all worked out.

TC93

Mar 2, 2011
Had a few apk's not move as well. I think map was one of them. Just followed the install order and did those from the external sd.....all worked out.
Thank you for your help. I finally got it working, I spent hours on this.

But I decided to try that original posts recommendation of using the program "Android Commander". I had to search to find it, but its a Windows program that makes it much easier to copy files over to the root directory. (although I had to change a setting it in so that it auto closes the log window after it copies, otherwise you can't close the log window, or do anything else until its closed).

I wasn't able to copy the maps with that either though, it gave the error that there wasn't enough space. But it seems to be working fine now.

bcig

Sep 12, 2011
Who Dat Nation
Impression i10-50

I bought the i10-50 and actually love the tablet. With google market installed (update firmware first), I have full access to the market and no problems installing apps. The only con about the tab is no gps. To install the market, I only downloaded the google apps file and installed the apks in the correct order and that was it. No need to root. I am truly enjoying this tab now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    leader link for android 4.0 n version

just so you know this firmware might make your wifi not work but you can go to the i10-80 firmware

http://www.leaderinternationalinc.com/impression/upload/jmU39ak2n32amd/system.zip

This is the link that was sent to me from leader

This is the instructions

Follow the below steps .
    1) Download the emailed link and save it to your home computer. ( not your tablet)

2) Open the zip file.

3) Connect your tablet to your home computer using the provided USB cable and turn on USB storage under the Android character.

4) On your home computer select” open folder to view files “ in the pop up. If you do not see a pop up with this option go to “ My Computer “ and select “ Removable disk “

5) Click and drag over the “ sdfuse folder “ from inside the zip file to the tablets storage ( NOT THE ZIP IT”S SELF )

6) Then power off the unit and follow steps 11 through 13 below .
    I can not vouch for other methods but I have rooted this tablet with SuperOneClick ver. 2.1.1. If you leave "Exploit" on "auto" and click "root" you will be pleasantly surprised. Took me two tries, but if you turn on usb debugging in settings and leave the screen timeout on 30min your golden. Happy rooting.... I'm also uploading a google apps zip file. I unzipped it and installed all the files in the corresponding places to get a working Android Market. I used Android Commander to move the files & install apk's. *NOTE* You need to install the apps in the "/sysem/app" folder in this order...

1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
    3. SetupWizard.apk
    4. Talk.apk
    5. Vending.apk
    6. Gmail.apk
    7. Maps.apk

After... Restart, Connect to wifi, and launch Market. You will be prompted to sign in to google. Then you will see Market License blah blah blah...

Also when you install those "/system/app" files above use Android Commanders "Installer" and install them one at a time in the order above. AND AFTER YOU RESTART USE LAUNCHER AND NOT SETUP OR YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE YOUR WIFI.

Nice instructions. They work. THANKS!!!
    +1. I'd even be willing to tolerate buggy WiFi *IF* the tablet is more useful. Buggy WiFi can be troubleshot and files dropped in to overwrite the ones already in System. We can already ADB it and root it, so this shouldn't be an issue. The trick is knowing which files and where.

HERE MY PEOPLE! http://www.leaderinternationalinc.com/impression/upload/k329vud3ena6e/sdfuse-D.zip
    Hi,

I am the one who asked for the older firmware for the I10. With a bit of detective work looking at the firmware update app from the Leader International website, I was able to find the locations of the current Android 2.3 firmware (the sdfuse directories archived in zip file) files for all the I10 tablets. My I10 is back to 2.3 and the wifi works.

The 2.3 kernel for my I10 id number ends in N. So, I would update the firmware using the ICS "N" code. To do this update (or to restore the older 2.3 firmware), one needs to put the sdfuse file (with this exact name) into the root directory of the micro sdhc card. The procedure starts with the tablet turned completely off (power down, not sleeping). While holding the - volume button down, press the power button until the screen lights up. A figure that looks like a sideways ladder should be on the screen. This ladder will fill up as the firmware is loaded. If the ladder is completely filled before the tablet shuts off, the firmware load was successful. The tablet can then be turned on normally. If the ladder was only half filled before the tablet turns off, repeat the procedure a second time (while holding the - volume button down, press the power button until the screen lights up). This second time, the ladder should start half full and then fill to the end before the tablet shuts off. The tablet shoud start up normally after this.

The "D" version of the ICS firmware will not update tablets that are running the "N" version of 2.3. Those tablets that have the "D" version of 2.3 should follow the procedure above with, perhaps, one change. The "D" could usually needs two attempts to load the firmware as the ladder only fills up half way the first time. The instructions from Leader say to push the + volume button for the second load (instead of the - volume button). I cannot say for sure as I do not have a tablet with the "D" version of 2.3. However, you can try both ways. If you turn the tablet on after a firmware update and the tablet hangs (BTW, the initial boot after a firmware update will take a few minutes, so be patient), you can push the hardware reset and start again from the beginnning with the firmware load.

I have also found that the "D" version of ICS can be loaded on a machine with the "N" version of ICS. My try only took the single step procedure but your's may take two steps. The "D" version of ICS has a couple more apps and labels the tablet as a I10-12 (The "N" version changes a tablet to an I10-80). But, I found the "D" version to be a bit less stable that the "N" version for some of the apps.

I still have not found a way to make the wifi connect with either ICS version (that's why I am back to 2.3). I see that someone says that wifi works with the "D" ICS upgrade. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Leo
    Gaging interest and if there is any help here! I just pick up this tab for my kid and myself to mess with. I have some exp in rom cooking a little exp with code. I am willing to try to port cwm i never done this looks like something i can handle. For the hard part i would like to port cm7 but a 2nd or 3rd person would make that easier, sure there will be lots of bugs to work out. From a good working cm7 a cm9 or cm10 port would be much easier. I dont have time to do it alone or the exp but i am sure i can share the load. Why becuase i planed this to be a good learning device.