[MOD] HW Acceleration for CM7/AOSP Browser

Search This thread

burakgon

Oct 26, 2010
www.burakgon.com
Works on most of CyanogenMod 7 and AOSP 2.3+ phones!

Please make backup before flashing!

Or just extract the lib folder to system/libs and restart.

Note:

-This mod doesn't work for MIUI!

I didn't build this mod myself. But modified it a bit.

Source is HTC Desire Z stock browser library

DOWNLOAD HERE

Press thanks button if it works for you. :)

Last edited:

mk2rimar

Feb 2, 2011
montreal quebec canada
????

wath exactely this hw does?sorry about the dum question....

it should work on PB rom v1.6?

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

ok wow i did the hw accel im not shore if its me or my mind but it looks like its freekin fast....tx dude nice mod

Pecata

Dec 31, 2009
Salt Lake City
That may be a stupid question-would this MOD work if I am not using the stock Android browser? What if I am using Dolphin Browser for example? Would it work still?
Thanks.

ergibson83

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
It works but it broke about 7 of my apps including this one. I couldn't fix it by fixing permissions either. I uninstalled a few and reinstalled and that did nothing. The only thing that fixed my apps was doing a reflash of my current version on CM7. Thanks for the mod....its much appreciated but I can't run it stable with my everyday apps.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

maciek82

Apr 30, 2011
Is this only for the android brower? Does it do anyhting for people that use Opera or Dolphin, etc?

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
Thanks for the Mod. Extracted lib folder to system/lib but it doesnt seem to work on pheonix blood v1.6 rom. Browser just opens and then closes w/ no error.

The same on me a xtracted the libs from that folder to system/lib but it closes.
It supposed to moved the whole folder or just the libs??
Its pretty fast.
Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

mk2rimar

Feb 2, 2011
montreal quebec canada
i extracted first and move the files derectly in lib with root explorer and then i rebooted...if it worked....dont know but browser seems to be faster on loading pages?????if im dreaming please let me know lol

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Works like a charm on PBv1.6. Just finished watching a whole episode of The Walking Dead on cm7 browser without any glitches or stops...used only 4G too no wifi.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
ok so I extracted copied lib folder over to system/lib, reboot and I notice nothing different, lol. Something I did wrong?

Reactions: diamond_lover

ergibson83

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
So I retried the mod again and I received the same results. I found that whenever I am using an app that reaches out to the internet (XDA, gmail, etc) as soon as a request is made, the app crashes out or reloads the previous screen the phone was about before I began receiving data. If I remove your HW Accelaration files and reflash my current version of CM7...the problem goes away. I do see that this mod is fast! I wish I could get my apps stable with it though :\

supersilko

Feb 26, 2010
Web page just goes blank white page now can't go to any site

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

ergibson83

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
Thanks for the Mod. Extracted lib folder to system/lib but it doesnt seem to work on pheonix blood v1.6 rom. Browser just opens and then closes w/ no error.

The same on me a xtracted the libs from that folder to system/lib but it closes.
It supposed to moved the whole folder or just the libs??
Its pretty fast.
Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

ok so I extracted copied lib folder over to system/lib, reboot and I notice nothing different, lol. Something I did wrong?

Web page just goes blank white page now can't go to any site

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

These are all related to the phones trying to send data....it crashes during that time. Its the same problem I'm having with my apps. If the phone tries to send data....it crashes (browser and other apps that use the internet).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works on most of CyanogenMod 7 and AOSP 2.3+ phones!

Please make backup before flashing!

Or just extract the lib folder to system/libs and restart.

Note:

-This mod doesn't work for MIUI!

I didn't build this mod myself. But modified it a bit.

Source is HTC Desire Z stock browser library

DOWNLOAD HERE

Press thanks button if it works for you. :)
    Flashing the zip gave me an Error in [the location of the file] (status 0)
    Could anyone point me to a working download for this mod? I try to get it from the source but am met with an error message saying they aren't servicing my country (I'm from the U.S.)

Thanks!

Edit:

Found a working link!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ryap9lc3lrpb00z