[Q] Nexus Prime continuously rebooting

Search This thread

AM85

Feb 20, 2012
I brought my Nexus Prime from Korea last month.
A few hours ago I was listening to music on my phone when it rebooted. After that it came back on for roughly 10 seconds before rebooting again.
I uninstalled a game from my phone roughly 30 minutes before this error happened.
I cannot use my phone now, I get a few seconds of use out of it before its stuck in a continuous reboot cycle.
I have tried letting it cool down (it was a hot day), removing the simcard and changing batteries. Not sure what else I can do with only a few seconds of use.

Model number - SHW-M420S

Is anyone able to help me get out of this reboot cycle?

MS.

Aug 7, 2011
Try to back up important things and do factory reset. Is your phone rooted? CWM recovery installed? If so, before doing factory restore you could try wiping cache/dalvik cache first.

Sent from my super Galaxy Nexus plus®

Reactions: AM85

AM85

Feb 20, 2012
Luckily its still a new phone, so there isn't much on it.
The phone is rooted in that I cannot access it in any way. Even connecting to a computer is useless as its only on for a few seconds before it reboots itself.
CWM recovery isn't installed, will be when the phone is working again though!

Is there a way to wipe the cache/dalvik cache or factory reset while the phone is off?

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
fastboot will allow you to erase data,userdata, as well as flash a custom recovery like cwm or a full rom.

bk201

edit: boot your device with POWER+VOLUP+VOLDOWN into fastboot. search google and/or xda for some fastboot tutorials.

Last edited:

ajwho

Jun 13, 2004
I had this problem awhile back. It was a bum phone with hardware issue. I had to exchange it. Yours may be in the same boat.

AM85

Feb 20, 2012
I will try a fastboot later today and let you know the outcome, thank you.
If all else fails I'll send it back to Korea for new hardware I guess.

Mar 25, 2007
I ran into this problem a while ago. I had to restore the phone to stock using the image from Google. Haven't had a problem since

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try to back up important things and do factory reset. Is your phone rooted? CWM recovery installed? If so, before doing factory restore you could try wiping cache/dalvik cache first.

Sent from my super Galaxy Nexus plus®
    fastboot will allow you to erase data,userdata, as well as flash a custom recovery like cwm or a full rom.

bk201

edit: boot your device with POWER+VOLUP+VOLDOWN into fastboot. search google and/or xda for some fastboot tutorials.
    I had this problem awhile back. It was a bum phone with hardware issue. I had to exchange it. Yours may be in the same boat.
    I ran into this problem a while ago. I had to restore the phone to stock using the image from Google. Haven't had a problem since