Anyone come from a Sprint Epic Touch 4G?

Search This thread

Aerials

Feb 9, 2012
Doesn't VZW work the best overall in and around Chicago? There really only seems to be a select few places in this country where at&t works better than VZW with overall reception.

In your current scenario, I think it's worth it to switch providers to get the Note. It's simply that great of a device. Although it seems like many current Sprint-ers are holding out hope that Sprint will get it too.
Back in June 2010 when my at&t contract expired, I came awefully close to switching to Sprint just for the EVO. But then I had enough people talk me out of it...citing the slow data speeds and rather spotty reception (esp indoors).

rayandreas

Oct 11, 2011
bakersfield ca
hey Wase!!!

I just came over from the epic touch too...really digging this note! putting my old touch in my hand now feels like a baby compared to this bad boy. dont know if I could go back to a smaller phone now.

But, having said that, I miss the guys over there on the threads a lot. Especially team noctunal. But, there are some good dudes here too. Im just getting my feelers out now. I am running ICS which seems pretty good.

I came over for this phone and my sprint service was a joke. so, its the Note for me!

hope to see you around!

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
Man i just switched yesterday to the note. I came from sprint and had the og evo it was cool for a bit. Sprints 3g is crap... I wasnt even getting 200 kps, my girl has the epic touch sje loves the phone and some how she got better speeds than my evo. Oh well im loving the note fast and 3g is cool i only get hspa 4g no lte in bakerafield yet :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
hey Wase!!!

I just came over from the epic touch too...really digging this note! putting my old touch in my hand now feels like a baby compared to this bad boy. dont know if I could go back to a smaller phone now.

But, having said that, I miss the guys over there on the threads a lot. Especially team noctunal. But, there are some good dudes here too. Im just getting my feelers out now. I am running ICS which seems pretty good.

I came over for this phone and my sprint service was a joke. so, its the Note for me!

hope to see you around!

Hey man!

I wanted the Note since the first day it came out, and like someone said, a lot of Sprint folks, myself included, have been hoping that Sprint would jump on this phone, so it was an easy decision to switch to it; I am picking up mine this morning at Best Buy, and my wife and son are getting them too!
I'm sure there are some great dev's here too, and, more to follow as this phone gets more popular. I'll probably leave it stock for a week or 2, just to get used to it before rooting; plus, I only have Mac machines at home, and I haven't seen an "official" rooting method for mac, but I assume its probably the same as it was for the E4GT.
My sprint service has been fine in my house, between wifi and having an AirRave, but, anywhere else, the 3g service is pathetic, the 4g/Wimax is non existent inside of a house, and, frankly, the awe sum size and screen of this Note is just spectacular!
Someone asked if Verizon wasn't a better service choice than ATT; well, I had a horrible experience with Verizon 2 years ago, and I almost had to sue them to get a refund on stuff they charged me for that they shouldn't have, so we refuse to do business with them.
A lot of folks have said how much ATT has improved their service in the Chicago area, so I am hoping that is true..nothing could be as bad as getting 100kb download speeds with Sprint!!

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
So I was in the market to get a PMP device & figured if I'm going to spend that much $200-400 range, why not get a cheap phone that has better specs that the new Samsung Galaxy Player 70 plus. In a nutshell, I was able to find a hella cheap Epic 4G Touch to be my PMP. Playing games on it is so hard due to the small screen & being used to the Note's big screen.

nlghtcrawler

Dec 12, 2010
Roswell
I came from the EVO myself but my wife had the EPIC 4g, the epic was okay.. The EVO was awesome as far as developer support. But even that didn't makeup for the horrible service issues we constantly encountered. Where I'm at (New Mexico) sprint absolutely sucks for service. I for out of both contracts ETF free because of how bad the service was and they knew how bad it was.

I'm currently with the Note and my wife picked up the Skyrocket both on AT&T. The bill is a little ( <-lol ) higher but overall the (way) better service and device is worth it for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

gk325

Jun 5, 2011
Screw Sprint, I am tired of them. I just joined with them in January and got the Epic4g Touch. I love that phone, but I can't stand Sprints data speeds. Sold it used this morning on Ebay for 320 bucks (included 3 extra batteries and charger). Paid 230 for the Note on Amazon Wireless. I am more than happy to pay the EFT to be done with Sprint.

drksilenc

Jan 8, 2009
Pittsburgh
i just came from the et4g to the note as well. i had tried the note on release but was still jittery so i returned it. but i just ported my number over so they got my buisness for 2 years now atleast

downyours

Jan 30, 2011
I just came over from sprint too. I had and still have the og epic 4g. And while I love the "unlimited data" and liked that phone, I was out of contract. It was quite a eye opener when the ATT Rep told me the idea of unlimited data is great, but it isn't truly unlimited due to horrible data speeds. That's how they throttle you.

Now I have got the note and am not looking back. (First post in the note forum!!!)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I came from a long line of devices on Sprint, my last being the E4GT. I'm extremely happy with the Note, no regrets in leaving Sprint at all.

i'm hoping someone from the Chicago land area will chime in and tell me how ATT service is here now' a few years ago I tried ATT, and I couldn't even make or receive phone calls in my house in Willowbrook..

In not far from u (la grange) and att has improved ALOT in last few years. Still get dropped calls here and there but not like in the past. LTE is just wow and that's even with us in Chi town land not getting nowhere near the speeds other markets are. (10 mbs here and Dallas is at 40mbs) .
    I've had VZW LTE on my galaxy tab and left them, was never on sprint but remember Nextel :)
    As for the Note I don't think u will put it down much, battery is mehhh but given how much I use it I'm not complaining and there's always a charger near me. My mother lives in wiilowbrook and I have not had any issues in that area, Indian head park is weak in my experience.
    Hope this helps.

I live in Burr Ridge. Last month I sold my Epic Touch 4g on Sprint for the Note.

Back in the day I'd had the iPhone 3g on AT&T and the service sucked, and I'd swore I'd never come back to AT&T, but I really wanted the Note. I've had no problems on the Note on AT&T...no dropped calls yet, and love the 4g speeds. The 3g speeds I get on AT&T are faster than any of the 4g Wimax speeds I used to get on Sprint.
    For anyone wondering. .yea this device is 3 times the speed of sprint ..I came from sprint after 3 years of bottom of the barrel 3g so called..3g I signed up with atat and Right of the bat atat was twice as fast good signal and YES CAN FINALLY STREAM MEDIA WITHOUT LAG.It may not be lte but hspa is suitable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
    /Thats what she said...:cool:

After she met me....:)

-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke