[Q] I wanna root my lenovo a3500-hv ,, any idea ??

Search This thread

anandisrocking007

Mar 4, 2013
Kolkata
Rooting and backup or lenovo a35000

I bought a tablet lenovo a3500-hv with android version 4.2.2

I wanna root it ,, pls.

I used framaroot but no way the problem still and it failed

Pls help me and thank alot

Hi @MidoTayel i have also bought a Lenovo a3500-HV less than a week ago i know of two goo tools that can help you root they are:-

Farmaroot- http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276

ROOT Genius- http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

But i would recommend that you WAIT A FEW DAYS as you know that after rooting the system can get corrupted (Based upon the app you install) thus you would send it to the service center and they would charge a lot of money(root void your warrenty). Apparently i am researching how to create and flash scattle files (Backup images of all system files,recovery.img,boot.img........) in Lenovo a3500-HV(Companies use this method to install android after the tablet is made).

Also i am researching how to create a clockworkmod recovery which will help in flashing updates and flash.zip modification and will also create nandroid backup of your entire system

If you can wait a few more days (5-6) days i will email you a set of tutorials from backuping imei numbers to creating scatter files(Right now i am sorting the best tutorial and good information from the junk in the different forums and blogs). With this information you do not need to go to the service center for any software issue anymore all you would need is an computer and a OTG cable (the cable used to connect phone to computer) and if you install custom recovery you would not need that also (Saved over Rs6000 in my previous tablet software problems)

I am also planning to make a thread upon the LENOVO a3500-HV

Also i have a few QUESTION i want to know if you are facing these problems as i want to know if it is only in my tablet or the entire firmware

-Does the tablet restart between every 4-5-6 hours
-The GPS does not work Test using GPS TEST app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en ) Already found some fixes but it needs root
-Can you boot into recovery mode or does it get stuck in the boot logo
-Can you install CPU-Z ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=en ) and check if the hardware is the mt6582 model (Picture given below)

LAST of all can you give me your email id as yau are the only other Lenovo A3500-HV (Model is new) member i could find and i will first email all the tutorials i.e. doc,vedios,pdf to you and help you through email and chat

And if you only want to root and don't care it goes to the service center please atleast tell me if the root is working or not THANL YOU

Email ID - anandisrocking007@gmail.com

:victory:

MidoTayel

Jul 3, 2014
Hi @MidoTayel i have also bought a Lenovo a3500-HV less than a week ago i know of two goo tools that can help you root they are:-

Farmaroot- http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276

But i would recommend that you WAIT A FEW DAYS as you know that after rooting the system can get corrupted (Based upon the app you install) thus you would send it to the service center and they would charge a lot of money(root void your warrenty). Apparently i am researching how to create and flash scattle files (Backup images of all system files,recovery.img,boot.img........) in Lenovo a3500-HV(Companies use this method to install android after the tablet is made).

Also i am researching how to create a clockworkmod recovery which will help in flashing updates and flash.zip modification and will also create nandroid backup of your entire system

If you can wait a few more days (5-6) days i will email you a set of tutorials from backuping imei numbers to creating scatter files(Right now i am sorting the best tutorial and good information from the junk in the different forums and blogs). With this information you do not need to go to the service center for any software issue anymore all you would need is an computer and a OTG cable (the cable used to connect phone to computer) and if you install custom recovery you would not need that also (Saved over Rs6000 in my previous tablet software problems)

Also i have a few QUESTION i want to know if you are facing these problems as i want to know if it is only in my tablet or the entire firmware

-The GPS does not work Test using GPS TEST app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en ) Already found some fixes but it needs root
-Can you install CPU-Z ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&hl=en ) and check if the hardware is the mt6582 model (Picture given below)

LAST of all can you give me your email id as yau are the only other Lenovo A3500-HV (Model is new) member i could find and i will first email all the tutorials i.e. doc,vedios,pdf to you and help you through email and chat

And if you only want to root and don't care it goes to the service center please atleast tell me if the root is working or not THANL YOU

Thanks for reply and that's my email midotayel@gmail.com

ibraheem_alex

Nov 18, 2006
Alex
GREAT !!

I finally found other guys having Lenovo A3500-HV :)
@MidoTayel
I guess you can use vRoot to root this model of lenovo (A3500).
But as @anandisrocking007 mentioned, I also recommend that you wait. Because the root may be dangerous without CWM recovery to make backup image of your system.
@anandisrocking007
I am happpy with your researching and waiting you…

I have some answers of your questions:
1- My tablet doesn't restart automatically ever from I bought it.
2- You can boot into recovery mode by holding the three buttons together (Vol. up + Vol. down + Power) after shutting down the device.

Other problems I will check them later.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: anandisrocking007

anandisrocking007

Mar 4, 2013
Kolkata
GREAT !!

I finally found other guys having Lenovo A3500-HV :)
@MidoTayel
I guess you can use vRoot to root this model of lenovo (A3500).
But as @anandisrocking007 mentioned, I also recommend that you wait. Because the root may be dangerous without CWM recovery to make backup image of your system.
@anandisrocking007
I am happpy with your researching and waiting you…

I have some answers of your questions:
1- My tablet doesn't restart automatically ever from I bought it.
2- You can boot into recovery mode by holding the three buttons together (Vol. up + Vol. down + Power) after shutting down the device.

Other problems I will check them later.

Thanks.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU i had thought that i had bought a tablet with a corrupted recovery as the previous model a3000 had a different set of command to go to recovery take a look at it yourself

http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-a3000/general/lenovo-a3000-startup-modes-t2656140

So are you rooted by vroot

ok and one more thing power+vol up =Factory mode(Dangerous if you do not know what you are doing)
and if you can not understand the chinese this is the translation

工厂模式
Factory Mode

感应器校准 Sensor Calibration
自动测试 Automatic Test
单项测试 Individual Tests
测试报告 Test Report
调试测试项 Debugging Test Items
浦除e MMC Format e-MMC
版本信息 Version Information
重启手机 Restart The Phone

and again thank you also tonight/tomorrow morning i will send a set of ussd(you just have to press call after typing the code) code to check if the bootloader of the phone is locked like asus(Then i can not flash and root as it will brick th phone[though the chances of this happening in lenovo is 2% as all the previous model's bootloader is unlocked but better safe than sorry]):D

Last edited:

anandisrocking007

Mar 4, 2013
Kolkata

I wanna root it ,, pls.

Hi @divergent and @ibraheem_alex can you type the following USSD codes in your device

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* . Then go to -> "Service Info" -> "Configuration". If there is:
Bootloader unlock allowed - Yes << this means that your Bootloader is Locked
Bootloader Unlocked - Yes << this means that your bootloader is unlocked

Please give me a feedback... i can make the tutorials and instructions but i also need you the give feedback and help it can incrase my work speed i shall try to publish everything by this wednesday-thusday......

ibraheem_alex

Nov 18, 2006
Alex
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU i had thought that i had bought a tablet with a corrupted recovery as the previous model a3000 had a different set of command to go to recovery take a look at it yourself

http://xdaforums.com/lenovo-a3000/general/lenovo-a3000-startup-modes-t2656140

So are you rooted by vroot

ok and one more thing power+vol up =Factory mode(Dangerous if you do not know what you are doing)
and if you can not understand the chinese this is the translation

工厂模式
Factory Mode

感应器校准 Sensor Calibration
自动测试 Automatic Test
单项测试 Individual Tests
测试报告 Test Report
调试测试项 Debugging Test Items
浦除e MMC Format e-MMC
版本信息 Version Information
重启手机 Restart The Phone

and again thank you also tonight/tomorrow morning i will send a set of ussd(you just have to press call after typing the code) code to check if the bootloader of the phone is locked like asus(Then i can not flash and root as it will brick th phone[though the chances of this happening in lenovo is 2% as all the previous model's bootloader is unlocked but better safe than sorry]):D
Hi @anandisrocking007

I am sorry for the late reply .. I was very busy.

I still not rooted my Lenovo A3500
I just suggest to use vRoot but I didn't know the result.

Thank you for your chinese translation of Factory Mode .. I accedently format my device first time when I trying to boot into recovery mode :) :)

……… .

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Hi @divergent and @ibraheem_alex can you type the following USSD codes in your device

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* . Then go to -> "Service Info" -> "Configuration". If there is:
Bootloader unlock allowed - Yes << this means that your Bootloader is Locked
Bootloader Unlocked - Yes << this means that your bootloader is unlocked

Please give me a feedback... i can make the tutorials and instructions but i also need you the give feedback and help it can incrase my work speed i shall try to publish everything by this wednesday-thusday......
After I typing USSD code the code is gone after latest star "*" and nothing happen !!!

What should I do after that ?? .. How to go to Service info ?!!

Reactions: anandisrocking007

anandisrocking007

Mar 4, 2013
Kolkata
Hi @anandisrocking007

Thank you for your chinese translation of Factory Mode .. I accedently format my device first time when I trying to boot into recovery mode :) :)

……… .

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

After I typing USSD code the code is gone after latest star "*" and nothing happen !!!

Hi @ibraheem_alex so the USSD anomaly is not only for my phone its ok not to worry i am 95% sure that lenovo does not have locked bootloader also did you check the GPS is it working also use CPU-Z to check the chipset model mine is MT6582 when everything is over i would be uploading the scatterfile backup for everyone to use i just want to know if more than one type of model is released as different countries have different chipset but the same model (Pss..It won't have an impact on the tutorials that i shall post as you shall make a backup of your own phone :highfive:)

Tutorial Update- i have managed to download some vedios from sites and found a lot of tutorials that i have saved in .docx format just 1-2 more sites are left i shall then sort out the best one and if require will merge some to make a better one all and all i shall post it within a few days the tablet is an huge investment i think its fine to be a little patient.......:rolleyes: (Pss...i shall be uploading it in google drive and will publish the link...:good:)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Thanks for all and I wanna know if it's dangerous to root it or no ??

Hi @MidoTayel let me put this in simple words take windows for example where there is a guest account and there is a admin account in guest you can use the software but can not write anything in the C Drive(Also can't install software which are stored in C Drive) in that way Windows's C Drive=System Partition on android so when you get a phone its always in guest mode when you root it it gives you admin access. Some apps require to write or change file for it to work eg ROMtoolbox , Xposed module etc when you are not rooted the apps save all files into the data partition and if any problem occurs you can do a factory reset (i.e deleting the data partition) and it will be the same but if you are rooted and have some problem in the system partition even factory reset won't it goes to the service centre and they charge. Scatter file backup and nandroid backup are ways to backup an entire android OS ie system,data partition along with others its like you are creating an entire android installation setup and when your phone is bricked you can reinstall it. Overall i can tell you that the privilages of root outweigh the risk a lot what every you do try to research a little (I took 2 months to root my last tablet) and always make a scatter file and/or nandroid backup as soon as you root (First backup then check the cool device i.e ASAP) you root to be 100% safe :cool:

I am making tutorial to hep you root or create a backup....
Hope this helps i was confused for weeks thinking what is root when i started android..hope you don't face the same problem :confused:

PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPS.....:victory:

Last edited:

ibraheem_alex

Nov 18, 2006
Alex
My chipset model is MT6582 .. It is same as your chipset.

I couldn't determine if my GPS working or not...
I used the GPS Test as you mention but also I can't know if it working correctly or not .. May I will make another test while moving in car.
But I captured this photo from the app .. May it help you.
See the photo in attachments.

Attachments

• IMG_20140707_234624.jpg
    IMG_20140707_234624.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:

cshadow

May 9, 2010
Hi, I have a model A3500-FL (without back camera).
GPS works, locks in about a minute out in the open. Tablet lacks AGPS (no data connection). It's MT6582 which can use Mediatek's proprietary EPO to speed up positioning, but due to no root I cannot verfy if it is working or not.
Anyone tried backing up A3500 via SPFlash or MTKdroid tools or rooting?

MidoTayel

Jul 3, 2014
Hey i wanna install the kali linux on my tab so if there is other way to do it without root it pls tell me :)

cshadow

May 9, 2010
This is how I rooted my A3500-FL under Xubuntu 14.04 (i have win 7 in VM):
1. install Virtualbox, not the OSE edition - get the full version from Oracle website and also the extesion pack (it enables direct access to USB devices)
2. Install windows (XP or 7, don't know about later versions)
3. Grab a copy of RootGenius from here
4. Enable usb debugging on tablet Connect your tablet via usb, make sure it is recognized by ubuntu, there is no need to mount it
lsusb for my device:
Code:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 17ef:7738 Lenovo
5. Start your windows installation and mount the USB in virtualbox (there is a button for that at the bottom of a windows running your VM), make sure windows sees your device, it will probably fail to install the drivers
6. Start RootGenius, it should download and install drivers for this phone. Tutorial including usb debugging here. Click root a wait for a minute. Done :)

If yu are running windows skip steps 1-2.
Optional: make full system backup here
I did a backup before rooting. MTK tools somehow sneaked su binary past the android defences and got shell root after backing up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-09-06-08-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-09-06-08-53.png
    98 KB · Views: 606

piuma

Jul 9, 2014

I wanna root it ,, pls.

use kingo android root .i tested it,but use it with your responsibility ;)

anyone has stock rom for a3500 .plz i need it :crying:

vetfactor

Apr 19, 2013
Awsim
hi, friends
i am going to buy this device shortly after my galaxy wonder had been theft.
i love cyanogenmod roms and i think that we can port CM11 or CM12 to this device in the near future.
i know that the device is really new but nothing impossible.
we can work together fro the project and i will inform you the day i will by the device.
cheers;)

Reactions: ibraheem_alex

jam.ali

Jul 18, 2014
växjö
doesn't work anymore

after upgrading to kitkat(official) i've lost root permission, i've tried to root it again with Root Genius but this time it doesn't work.
1. install Virtualbox, not the OSE edition - get the full version from Oracle website and also the extesion pack (it enables direct access to USB devices)
4. Enable usb debugging on tablet Connect your tablet via usb, make sure it is recognized by ubuntu, there is no need to mount it
lsusb for my device:
Code:
5. Start your windows installation and mount the USB in virtualbox (there is a button for that at the bottom of a windows running your VM), make sure windows sees your device, it will probably fail to install the drivers
6. Start RootGenius, it should download and install drivers for this phone. Tutorial including usb debugging here. Click root a wait for a minute. Done :)

I did a backup before rooting. MTK tools somehow sneaked su binary past the android defences and got shell root after backing up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally The Tutorial is here

@MidoTayel
    @ibraheem_alex
    @cshadow
    @BigSoli
    @exodus1111
    @piuma

Hi i have just finished making my tutorial thread check it out it shall help you in rooting, flashing, creating a nandroid flashtool backup fixing gps error.......bla...bla...bla...etc hope you like it soon i am going to root my device and create a thread and post the backup there hope you like it it also says an very easy way to port custom ROM

O and one more thing please give me a feedback if the tutorials worked or not thank you and don't forget to hit thanks

GUIDES Collection 101-Romdump CWM Backup Flashing Editing etcGUIDES Collection 101-Romdump CWM Backup Flashing Editing etc
    Link

I wanna root it ,, pls.

Rooting and backup or lenovo a35000

I wanna root it ,, pls.

Hi @anandisrocking007

……… .

Hi @ibraheem_alex so the USSD anomaly is not only for my phone its ok not to worry i am 95% sure that lenovo does not have locked bootloader also did you check the GPS is it working also use CPU-Z to check the chipset model mine is MT6582 when everything is over i would be uploading the scatterfile backup for everyone to use i just want to know if more than one type of model is released as different countries have different chipset but the same model (Pss..It won't have an impact on the tutorials that i shall post as you shall make a backup of your own phone :highfive:)

Tutorial Update- i have managed to download some vedios from sites and found a lot of tutorials that i have saved in .docx format just 1-2 more sites are left i shall then sort out the best one and if require will merge some to make a better one all and all i shall post it within a few days the tablet is an huge investment i think its fine to be a little patient.......:rolleyes: (Pss...i shall be uploading it in google drive and will publish the link...:good:)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Thanks for all and I wanna know if it's dangerous to root it or no ??

Hi @MidoTayel let me put this in simple words take windows for example where there is a guest account and there is a admin account in guest you can use the software but can not write anything in the C Drive(Also can't install software which are stored in C Drive) in that way Windows's C Drive=System Partition on android so when you get a phone its always in guest mode when you root it it gives you admin access. Some apps require to write or change file for it to work eg ROMtoolbox , Xposed module etc when you are not rooted the apps save all files into the data partition and if any problem occurs you can do a factory reset (i.e deleting the data partition) and it will be the same but if you are rooted and have some problem in the system partition even factory reset won't it goes to the service centre and they charge. Scatter file backup and nandroid backup are ways to backup an entire android OS ie system,data partition along with others its like you are creating an entire android installation setup and when your phone is bricked you can reinstall it. Overall i can tell you that the privilages of root outweigh the risk a lot what every you do try to research a little (I took 2 months to root my last tablet) and always make a scatter file and/or nandroid backup as soon as you root (First backup then check the cool device i.e ASAP) you root to be 100% safe :cool:

I am making tutorial to hep you root or create a backup....
    Hope this helps i was confused for weeks thinking what is root when i started android..hope you don't face the same problem :confused:

PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPS.....:victory:
    lsusb for my device:
    Code: