Will the screen protector bubbles go away, see pic?

Search This thread

glasslung

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey guys, I installed the skinomi skin a couple minutes ago. I think the screen might not have been wet enough when I applied it. Will these go away on their own? Do I need to throw it away? Can I remove it and try again? See the full sized picture below.

http://i.imgur.com/pqibd.jpg

Last edited:

kramer987

Dec 22, 2010
I'm worried that only the small ones will go away. Will the larger ones disappear too?

how long has that protector been on there? and which protector is it?

those bubbles seem a tad large and i'm not feeling too confident about them going away. normal "raindbow reflecting shiny" bubbles are normal if you applied using a soap solution... but those seem too abundant to have resulted from that type of application. did you use a credit card to push them out?

if it hasnt been on that long, take it off and retry.

suksit

Dec 18, 2010
suksit.com
... I think the screen might not have been wet enough when I applied it ...

Actually you shouldn't "wet" the screen, just wet the skin (or dip the whole skin in the solution and let the excess water drips out before applying it)

However, if you're certain that the bubbles weren't caused by dust under the skin, then they should disappear within a week.

M2490311

Apr 25, 2014
My wife got me a non glass screen protector. The guy who installed it gave it to her for free because there were about 50 bubbles on the screen. I powered off and powered on, and each bubble had a rainbow swirl which indicates that the bubbles have liquid underneath them.

I left it on the dash in the hot sun for an hour, and I hit it with a hair dryer for about a minute a few times. Didn't need to do that.

The bubbles are disappearing and I only have 2 left. As long as it's not air or dirt,water bubbles are fairly normal and if you leave the phone be for a day or 3, the bubbles will dry up and disappear on their own.

I think that many people who buy non glass screen protectors expect the screen protector to be 100 percent bubble free. If you have bubbles that look rainbow on a white background screen, leave them alone and they'll dry up.

I don't know why or how trapped moisture dries, but it does. Air bubbles must be popped and debris bubbkes are obvious.

My new screen protector looked a lot like the OP with smaller bubbles but now, AFTER HAVING LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 5 OR 6 HOURS, I only have 2 bubbles that are shrinking. If you have a bunch of small bubbles, pull up Google. White background page. If all the bubbles have rainbow swirls, that's moisture AND THEY WILL GO AWAY ON THEIR OWN.

I'm only capping those parts because that seems to be the correct answer regarding bubbles. Rainbow means liquid. Liquid goes away on its own, especially if left in the sun on the dash for a bit.

Air pockets are clear. Very carefully pop them with a small needle or pin.

Debris is visible. That requires some removing and cleaning. Or a new protector altogether but you can buy 3 on amazon for 7 bucks.

Rainbow swirls- just let it dry by leaving it alone. It's a lot like window tint and vinyl car wraps. Small moisture bubbles are common and go away on their own.

Before people go tearing off screen covers and trying to reapply their bent out and fingerprinted soft screen protectors, try leaving the pen head sized and smaller bubbles alone and they'll go away AS LONG AS IT'S A MOISTURE BUBBLE.

I'll be perfectly honest- tempered glass screen protectors on the s7 edge are very finicky and unresponsive especially if you have a tight fitting case.

I much prefer a few moisture bubbles that will go away than I prefer an extra layer of glass that is very unresponsive and on any edge phone, tempered glass makes it hard to get feeds and pulling down the notification bar is as bad as setting up a fingerprint. Non responsive. Soft screen protectors might scuff and scratch, but they work and you don't lose response like you will with a tempered glass screen protector. But on these new phones that are wrapped in glass, I'd suggest a case to go with the protector. I've seen people drop their phones with no cases with screen protectors, and the screen is fine- the back of the phone is shattered.

I hope this helps anyone who may have had questions about screen protectors. Tempered glass is better on flat screen phones bit you lose response if you don't have a glove touch option for the screen.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Not trying to be arrogant or pompous, these observations are based on what I've seen, what I've read, and what I avoided tinting windows. I figured I'd just cover all the bases.

Last edited: