Found the best screen protectors for HTC Sensation !!!

Search This thread

CTR01

Jan 19, 2011
Seattle
I am trying to find the same protectors without using a Paypal account (I don't have one, nor do I want one).

Are these the same ones from Amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Clear-P...P562/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1332389834&sr=8-6

Because they got crappy reviews...

I think those are different, the seller on ebay is selling in packs of 7 now but it is possible I guess. I just got my sensation and bought the 7 pack from ebay and I earned 6 cents of ebay bucks :)
...now looking for a nice but kinda thin case

Last edited:

Kellicros

Nov 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for this great thread! I gave this a go and had a near perfect installation, I didn't not even use a hairdryer to get around the edges, just the room temperature, it is really good compared to the ag matte film i had before, crystal clear!

The only problem is that it took me 5 attempts to get a perfect lint/dust free and proper alignment, glad the films came in pack of 7 lmao, i still have 2 spares. Just ordered another 14. :p

Here're some tips:
If you ever get lints/dust underneath the film you're probably screwed. Although professional installer would get the dust out with scotch tape and so, I only found more and more dust gets trapped inside when I attempt to remove them.

So since the film comes in pack of 7, don't waste your time removing the dust. Just take out the film, trash it, take a new one and give it another try. When you remove the previous film, it should take of the dust as well, but check properly before you put another on it, clean the screen if needed.

Once you have a DUST-FREE and PROPER alignment, don't mind the bubbles if there is nothing trapped in it. Wrap your hard card with a soft clothe and then with reasonable pressure, slowly squeeze the bubbles out. Trust me, it will work, I did this to all the bubbles trapped in the near edge curves, all is good!

P.S.: I bought my films from the ebay link in the first post, it is really good!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I removed my screen protector after remembering that the sensation's screen is a gorilla glass.

Dunno why we are are using screen protectors when its a gorilla glass. I understand if its like a fingerprint resistant but if its a clear gloss I duuno why.

I actually drop my phone on the pavement screen down, it didnt even scratched the screen but the metal frame got marked and a dent :\

Sent from revolutionized HTC Sensation ICS
Gorrila screen is scratch resistant, not scratch proof!

My friend had a good scratch on his sensation XE screen for trusting gorilla screen and not having a screen protector. It is very visible and I wouldn't ever want one on mine. :p

Last edited:

CTR01

Jan 19, 2011
Seattle
I have never used a screen protector on any phone I've ever owned. I have also never had a single scratch. Stop putting your phone in the same pocket as your keys.

there are these incidents called accidents that are uncontrolled and sometimes having a case and/or screen protector helps...i've never bought a case/screen protector until this phone (sensation 4g) and hope they will help the phone last a while. I take good care of my electronics and see no reason why not to spend a couple bucks to protect something so expensive...but to each his/her own i guess...

boodee0110

Mar 27, 2011
The link on OP is dead.

Anyone want to recommend me a screen protector? I make a lot of finger prints so a finger print resistive one would be great.

Thanks!

ahmettutus13

Mar 30, 2012
i'm not using any screen protectors or nothing like a case because this phone doesn't have any problems about that :D i'm using it about 8 months and there is nothing to be protected on my phone :D

ede1005

Nov 26, 2011
NYC/Albany
i'm not using any screen protectors or nothing like a case because this phone doesn't have any problems about that :D i'm using it about 8 months and there is nothing to be protected on my phone :D

agreed. gorilla glass is pretty darn scratch proof. had this phone for 5 months and the screen is unscathed. otterbox for bumps and falls but my screen is happily naked

Aldosry

Dec 22, 2011
might order it later

the battery cover is the one getting all the scratches on my XE, thinking about getting a white one instead of the scratched black one

blek42

Jul 4, 2011
might order it later

the battery cover is the one getting all the scratches on my XE, thinking about getting a white one instead of the scratched black one

Agreed. The back cover is a pain. White covers look like crap after a few months of dirt creeping into the textured surface.
I really like this brand of tpu case:

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-SENSATION-SKIN-CASE-QUBITS-BRANDED/dp/B005A2UR4W

There are a few color and clarity options. Really low profile, good protection, and an OEM style pattern.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

amsterdam88

Mar 26, 2012
I need screen protectors for my XE. Which are the best? I can buy it only ebay, not amaze or other sites..and need italian delivery! Thanks

justchillinuno

Dec 9, 2008
AHAHAHAHAHAH thanks people for the laugh... Screen Protector on Gorilla Glass... ITs like keeping Fix A Flat in your backpack while you ride a bike with tubeless tires.... WAIST OF MONEY!!!!!!!

On another note..... anyone know where you can buy a back OEM cover for these things?

CTR01

Jan 19, 2011
Seattle
well my results...

since im in the dorms and none of my roommates (all guys) has a blow/hair dryer, my final result (3rd attempt) was to just cut the screen protector to a slightly smaller size and just avoid having to deal with the curved edges. so it doesnt look pretty but being that it is a screen protector, it still covers and will protect the screen. and i still have 4 left so not really a worry since they were 3 bucks.

SlimDan22

Jan 7, 2007
Warren, Michigan
Just installed, nothing sucks more then admiring your work and then you notice a spec of dust that snuck its way in :(

I had a lot of air bubbles, but i think this was due to me not heating up the protector enough, it was mildly warm when i put it on. I may use a heatgun for a bit on low instead of a hair dryer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay Ive wasted alot of money of different styles of screen protectors
    for the Sensation . Its a common ritual for me with new phones though .
    I look for best fit , clarity , soft feel , and style . With the Sensations
    screen being curved its a pain to find the one that fits all of these
    requirements successfully . But as of today I found a worthy screen
    protector . So I thought I would share and direct you guys towards
    them :) First is the eBay link where you can get these exact ones .
    Then here is the pics of them installed on my S4g :) Please hit the
    Thanks button if I helped ! Enjoy ...

***Updated Link 4/24/12***

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270961808166#ht_2116wt_1163

DSCN1564.jpg

DSCN1563.jpg

DSCN1561.jpg

Tools needed :

Hair Dryer
    Microfiber towel or lint free extremely soft towel
    Dust free area
    Credit card or something alike with nice edges and not scuffed , chipped

Installation tips :

1: Make sure the area is dust free , I prefer the bathroom .
    2: Sit the phone on something soft and lint free
    3: Make sure the screen is absolutely free of fingerprints,lint,etc.
    4: Heat up the screen protector with the hair dryer so its hot to the
    touch (DO NOT HEAT PHONE !)
    5: Peel off #1 side of protector
    6: Apply carefully to screen so all edges are symmetrical in placement

Here is where I do things different.....

7: Rub the protector onto the phone , You will notice only the center
    section sticks down and a large portion of the sides and top where
    the beveled edges are will not stay stuck down . This is fine just rub
    so you can get as much to stick as possible .
    8: Peel off #2 side of protector , be careful to NOT peel off actual screen
    protector when doing this since the edges are not stuck down .
    9: Rub the protector on the phone with your fingers and credit card or
    whatever you chose to lay edges down and get air bubbles out . You
    will notice that the protector is very pliable now and will cooperate
    very nicely !
    10: Post pics for everyone to see :)
    11: Enjoy !
    Those look fantastic on your S4G. I just ordered a pack, thanks so much for the recommendation!
    Tools needed :

Hair Dryer
    Microfiber towel or lint free extremely soft towel
    Dust free area
    Credit card or something alike with nice edges and not scuffed , chipped

Installation tips :

1: Make sure the area is dust free , I prefer the bathroom .
    2: Sit the phone on something soft and lint free
    3: Make sure the screen is absolutely free of fingerprints,lint,etc.
    4: Heat up the screen protector with the hair dryer so its hot to the
    touch (DO NOT HEAT PHONE !)
    5: Peel off #1 side of protector
    6: Apply carefully to screen so all edges are symmetrical in placement

Here is where I do things different.....

7: Rub the protector onto the phone , You will notice only the center
    section sticks down and a large portion of the sides and top where
    the beveled edges are will not stay stuck down . This is fine just rub
    so you can get as much to stick as possible .
    8: Peel off #2 side of protector , be careful to NOT peel off actual screen
    protector when doing this since the edges are not stuck down .
    9: Rub the protector on the phone with your fingers and credit card or
    whatever you chose to lay edges down and get air bubbles out . You
    will notice that the protector is very pliable now and will cooperate
    very nicely !
    10: Post pics for everyone to see :)
    11: Enjoy !
    How durable are they?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

They are very durable . very scratch resistant . Soft to the touch and
    very smooth . Fingerprint resistant :)

Thank you for having manners :) The 5th one is missing because its on my phone . (Just thought I would cover
    my ass since people love to tear others apart here)

DSCN1567.jpg
    If you guys need some tips on installing them when you get them let me know :)
    I found out a pretty good way to make them look perfect .