Android 4.4 update rumor

Search This thread

-Luke-

Aug 23, 2009
Salerno
has anyone read THIS?

HTC Phones to get Android 4.4 Update
The HTC One Max is to be announced very soon, and that should be anyways getting the update after the launch, but the devices which are expected to get the Android 4.4 KitKat update after its launch, includes HTC One.
- HTC One
- HTC One X+
- HTC One X
- New Desire series phones launched in 2013
- HTC Droid DNA
- HTC J
- HTC Butterfly

can be something true? :)

Duvuk

Jul 29, 2012
I'll believe it when I see it. Can't imagine it happening though as I thought I saw the other day that the one x wasn't getting 4.3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
no one knows but someone from HTC said or better asked "who said we will drop support for hox?" maybe we will get only 4.3 but that would be even enough and if 4.4 htc is best...because the customers service and support etc is getting better and repair service...got nearly new hox without paying anything...only delivering...lol

tadas_max

Mar 14, 2011
Kaunas
Read on twitter a post by the liabrjfjjf whatever his nick is (a known source) that htc jewel will get 4.3 android in the future. So it is possible that we might too. I doubt about 4.4 though.

Sent from my HTC One X

jarein95

Jan 21, 2012
Bilbao
I think and i can imagine, that it can be the most probable, that if htc update the hox, they are going to update to 4.4 because 4.3 is a minimalistic update from 4.2.2 so it can be a lost of time, so if we can expect a update it is going to be 4.4, that is what all the phone companies are doing, they are updating their phones to android 4.4 and they jump the minimal update of 4.3, anyways we have to wait!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

liran82

Jul 7, 2013
Is look like imaginary post

The writer did not provides any official state from HTC or event quote form reliable source.
On the contrary: The only know source that we know as football said that HTC ONE X will not get any update

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
I'll believe it once HTC officially confirms it. Regardless it's no big deal for me, plenty of of roms to choose from and many more to come

Sent from my fingers

anoniemouse

Jul 2, 2010
If Samsung update the GS3 to 4.4 then HTC are going to put a nail in their coffin if they don't update the HOX.
Pity there is no easy way to get S-Off as that would make updates irrelevant to me then. (unlocked boot loader is lame in comparison)

hb5

Mar 10, 2008
If Samsung update the GS3 to 4.4 then HTC are going to put a nail in their coffin if they don't update the HOX.
Pity there is no easy way to get S-Off as that would make updates irrelevant to me then. (unlocked boot loader is lame in comparison)
Maybe we should try with petition,just in case :)

Jan 2, 2011
The article is just speculation.

The writer did not provides any official state from HTC or event quote form reliable source.
On the contrary: The only know source that we know as football said that HTC ONE X will not get any update

From the information football (they changed their name? Llabtoofer?) has provided in the past, I think they're a safe bet

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
The article is just speculation.

From the information football (they changed their name? Llabtoofer?) has provided in the past, I think they're a safe bet

Yea he said we won't get 4.3 but no one knows if we also won't get 4.4 or would get it...someone from HTC (forgot again his name-.-) said they won't drop support of HTC one x..so they might skip 4.3 as it wouldn't necessary for us, so that we will maybe get 4.4... Just this last big update would be nice..

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

s1ugh34d

Nov 20, 2007
has anyone read THIS?
can be something true? :)

Link http://downloads.kanger.me/getdownl...xplusinter/pap44/pap_enrc2b-ota-eng.lloir.zip

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/519707/20131105/htc-onex-plus-android44-kitkat-aosp-rom.htm (spam ridden site, just use noscript while viewing)

it says 4.4, but I don't think its being hosted, who leaked the

thanks to the release of AOSP ROM by XDA developers following the OTA update leak for the device.

interesting I can't find it on these forums. (side note the search feature is not working, "temporarily" )

Top Liked Posts