Do you like invisible shied?

Search This thread

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
Ive had the invisible shield on my tablet for a month. I thought I would LOVE it, since I have it on my phone, but the texture, on a bigger screen really annoys me! I spent $30 including the installation, and Im tempted to get a cheap $1 protector cuz they dont have texture :confused:

Does anybody else have this problem?

I would rather have to get a new $1 screen protector every 2 months than always be annoyed by the invisible shield...

Last edited:

pintek

May 10, 2011
I personally have ghost armor on my tablet an love it (ghost armored all my mobile devices including my 2 playstation portables) an the feel ghost armor has to me is nice as long as nothing sticky touches the screen it remains nice an smooth as silk

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
I went with my gut feeling and bought a cheap screen protector and I enjoy the a100 even more cuz I can actually scroll or move apps around:)

fred99u

Apr 7, 2012
i bought a set of 3 Fosmon protectors for about $8, they work good, i messed up 2 of them but the 3rd one went on good, actually i got the 2nd one on perfectly, then when i removed the top layer i accidentally pulled up the screen protector too.....i didnt even realize it for a couple of minutes, i sure was mad

(the font camera hole is in the right place but it doesnt have the little cut out for the home button like my first screen protector had, but it doesnt need it because works perfectly)

i give this screen protector an A

the ones i got from Newegg are: Fosmon Crystal Clear Screen Protector Shield for Acer Iconia Tab A100 (3 pack).....i tried to put the link but it will not allow me to post links until 8 posts

YOUNGTWAN

Oct 30, 2010
Youngstown
I personally have ghost armor on my tablet an love it (ghost armored all my mobile devices including my 2 playstation portables) an the feel ghost armor has to me is nice as long as nothing sticky touches the screen it remains nice an smooth as silk
this is the first time ive heard of ghost armor .. when i get my tablet back im gonna ghost armor the **** outta it lol alsom my htc g2 is gna be gettin some ghost armor shortly as well i wanna go clear but do you think the white would look good ??

rawr

Apr 21, 2007
Toronto
i just put the Skinomi Carbon Fibre skin on my A100. It's just automotive grade vinyl sticker, but it protects against scratches and keeps the tab slim enough to fit in my pockets. The vinyl is textured and not as "grippy" as the stock slick back is, so it slides around in my hand a bit more than without the skin on it. Overall though it looks way better than the blue wavy Acer back, imo.

It came with a screen protector but I haven't bothered to put it on yet. I like the feel of the Gorilla Glass too much. :D

Last edited:

joliveto

Mar 17, 2012
took mine off. had a zagg. I'm just being careful with mine and so far the screen is just fine

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
I use XOskins on the two tablets and four phones we have at our house right now. They are a wet install and take about 48 hours to fully clear all the bubbles out, be careful with any wet install protector when putting a case on that it doesnt grab the edge. XOskins does make phone screen protectors full size and case cut which are trimmed 1/8" all around. For whatever reason both tablets were easier installs then the phones, meaning almost zero bubbles when first installed but they clear out anyway. Keep your fingers wet for best results.

Now as far as clarity goes these are crystal clear, extremely durable and also come with lifetime replacements. Google for a discount code, usually a 20-30% code to use.

Jul 15, 2011
I had a protector on that screen for nearly a year before i finally got tired of the texture. I removed it and have been using it with no protector and its smooth and feels just fine.

I really haven't had anything close to a scratch like I have with smartphones in the past, since it doesn't reside in my pocket constantly in motion, it just doesn't get the wear and tear. Even the shiny coating on the case is still stock-perfect and I haven't been babying it.

It doesn't seem to be as important to protect this tablets screen as it does with a more roughly-handled phone.