[MOD] Navigation Bar for CM10

Search This thread

Serris

Feb 10, 2010
Test chamber No.4
Flashing this will enable navigation bar, and disable capacitive touch buttons on Nexus S.
Make sure to set the Backlight Dimmer delay to 0 using the NSTools, so the capacitive touch buttons don't light up.

If you are using the navigation bar, I recommend setting the LCD density to 200 or 190. Edit it with Rom toolbox, or
navigate to /system/build.prop/ro.sf.lcd_density=200 edit it with text editor and reboot.

Always do a backup before flashing. It should work for any JB rom.
To disable navigation bar, reflash the rom, restore the backup or flash disable nav bars.

You are doing this at your own risk.

Its based on Brainmaster's tweaks for android, all thanks goes to him.

Added files, they set dpi to 190 or 200 or disable Nav bars.

Attachments

• CM10.NAVBARS.zip
    154.1 KB · Views: 161
  • CM10.NAVBARS.DPI.190.zip
    154.1 KB · Views: 57
  • CM10.NAVBARS.DPI.200.zip
    154.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DISABLE.CM10.NAVBARS.zip
    154.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Reactions: shubam2009

apatal

Feb 27, 2012
Manila
If BLD is set to zero, this will just turn off the backlight right, but they will still work when pressed. Is there a way to disable them for real otherwise what's the point of the nav bars, right?

Sent using the xda mobile app

Serris

Feb 10, 2010
Test chamber No.4
Oh OK. So the zip turns then off already. Question though, in the BLD settings, setting it to zero turns off BLD meaning the buttons are always lighted up. I set it to 1 to turn it off almost immediately.

Yes you are correct, I used NSTools, and set it to 0, I assumed its the same with CM settings, I will try to fix it. Thanks :)

EDIT: OK no go, CMsettings work like that, if its set to BLD 0 its always on, NSTools looks like overrides it.

Last edited:

nazklenknani

Jul 20, 2010
great! this is working just great. really thanks! but i don't see any problem by leaving screen density to 240 though. been opened all apps installed on my ns

quick edit: i am using CM 10 nightly

Last edited:

AzN MusiQ

Oct 20, 2012
What's about the menu button? Is it build in the apps? Can I configured them?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk 2

BenHeng

Jan 17, 2012
Yes you are correct, I used NSTools, and set it to 0, I assumed its the same with CM settings, I will try to fix it. Thanks :)

EDIT: OK no go, CMsettings work like that, if its set to BLD 0 its always on, NSTools looks like overrides it.

I'm using a script it works like a charm with 0 if you don't use bln.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

apatal

Feb 27, 2012
Manila
Tried the mod last night and it works! Unfortunately, my fingers are already too big for the default PDI, and reducing it to 200 won't really help me very much. Thanks for sharing this anyway. I'm sure some users have been looking for this. :)

shubam2009

Dec 12, 2012
Oh OK. So the zip turns then off already. Question though, in the BLD settings, setting it to zero turns off BLD meaning the buttons are always lighted up. I set it to 1 to turn it off almost immediately.

in order to turn off capacitive buttons follow these:
1. using root browser lit go to system.
2.then "usr" then " keylayout"
3. open sec_touchscree.kl > open as > text file > rb text editor
4. insert "#" in front of lines u want to make them stop working.
#key 158 BACK virtual

will make back button stop working.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Or you can just add

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

To your build.prop and reboot. It works with every ROM I think. To disable, just set it back to =1.

Screenshots please.

You get these three buttons on bottom of your screen.
    http://cdn3.digitaltrends.com/wp-co.../samsung-galaxy-nexus-review-home-buttons.jpg
    Flashing this will enable navigation bar, and disable capacitive touch buttons on Nexus S.
    Make sure to set the Backlight Dimmer delay to 0 using the NSTools, so the capacitive touch buttons don't light up.

If you are using the navigation bar, I recommend setting the LCD density to 200 or 190. Edit it with Rom toolbox, or
    navigate to /system/build.prop/ro.sf.lcd_density=200 edit it with text editor and reboot.

Always do a backup before flashing. It should work for any JB rom.
    To disable navigation bar, reflash the rom, restore the backup or flash disable nav bars.

You are doing this at your own risk.

Its based on Brainmaster's tweaks for android, all thanks goes to him.

Added files, they set dpi to 190 or 200 or disable Nav bars.
    What's about the menu button? Is it build in the apps? Can I configured them?

Yes you can see the three dots in the navigation bar, and in aplications
    I'm using a script it works like a charm with 0 if you don't use bln.

So all you have to do, is disable BLN, and put below code(script) in init.d?
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/backlightdimmer/enabled
    echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/backlightdimmer/delay