[APP] [2.2+] Deep Sleep Battery Saver (Ver 4.0.838)

Search This thread

anant210

Jun 19, 2010
Hi leducbao,

One small feature request, can we pull the device out of deep sleep on screen unlock instead of screen on.
I very often just turn the screen on to check the time without unlocking and again turn off the screen using the power button.
This feature would ensure that the device is in deep sleep for the entire duration according to the selected profile if it is never unlocked.
I would buy the app right away if this feature is available :)

+1

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris
Hi leducbao,

One small feature request, can we pull the device out of deep sleep on screen unlock instead of screen on.
I very often just turn the screen on to check the time without unlocking and again turn off the screen using the power button.
This feature would ensure that the device is in deep sleep for the entire duration according to the selected profile if it is never unlocked.
I would buy the app right away if this feature is available :)

That's great idea. I added it into request feature list. Thank

Reactions: mykimouse
C

Corndude

question already answered, I'm blind, my bad.

Last edited:

NightM@re

May 19, 2012
Cairo
Finished the arabic translation (600 words) , consider it as a small thank you for this great app
please lemme know when you install the arabic language into app so i can review it in my Android FB page .

Reactions: verynuclear

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
Bug in 1.1/1.2: touching the notification bar doesn't do anything on jelly bean 4.2.1.

Feature request: can we have the ability to disable deep sleep if the phone is plugged in?

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
This feature is already supported. Please tap on Setting > Battery > Recharge. I hope that helps

Doesn't seem to work. I set recharge > always, but when I turn my screen off, mobile data is disabled.

This is using a custom profile and the xda version.

Also, app info for xda 1.2 says version 1.1.

Last edited:

siaush

Nov 25, 2010
is there a way for me to disable 3G and Wi-Fi during night time only? I would like to have my notifications arrive instantly during the day.

Last edited:

thebrainkafka

Apr 12, 2011
What about a feature to switch to 2g mode. Saves battery and you'll still get notification if you like to..

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
I'm impressed... great concept.

I've uninstalled JD to see how this works for me. My first impressions - apart from the vastly improved deep sleep time of course - is ease of use (JD is diabolically complicated, at least for me...).

One thing I do like from JD though, is the ability to program the sync frequency of "syncable" apps - there are about 6 options, including 1hr, 3hrs, 6hrs, 24hrs.

I found this very useful since I would let Whatsapp (contacts not messages) and Google contacts sync every 24 hours, Google calendar every 3 hours, weather every 3 hours etc.

I use Kaiten email push to receive my emails: being push, they arrive every time the data connection is restored. So that option described above really cuts down - I think - on phone activity, compared with linking the sync to the wakeup period, or letting them sync as they want to.

Could that be done in Deep Sleep Battery Saver?

lukappaseidue

Aug 22, 2007
Catania
Dear leducbao, first thank you very much for your wonderfull app.
One question.
it is possible to ad a feature the automatically disable the app, plugging the microusb cable (i.e. using my cell with tethering, when screen go off, the connection fall down)
Thank you again
Regards
Edit: the widget of the 1.2 release crash . It needs to open the app to enable disable the app

Last edited:

btse

May 9, 2011
In the description, when it says, "Background apps are stopped", is this any different than what stock deep sleep does or is it doing exactly the same thing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How Deep sleep Battery Saver works

ATTENTION: As many of you have the issue of WiFi does not come back, we changed default User Present as uncheck. This may make Wifi/data turn on when screen on, but not unlock.

Deepsleep battery saver constantly puts the device to deepsleep mode while screen off. During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped. Therefore, most apps are not working, including Facebook, Google Service, etc,. It then constantly wakes up in order to download email, sync Facebook status, etc, which is defined by deepsleep frequency and woke up duration

By constantly put device into deepsleep mode, we will save battery life due to no Internet connection, and therefore most of network-based apps, such as Facebook, Gmail will not work.

Caution: during deepsleep mode on, this app may disrupt your normal activities, such as your email notification comes with larger delay.
    In advanced mode, you can customize more parameters, including day/night settings, active period, screen timeout, sync strategy, ignored apps, etc,.

guide.jpg

How to work Deepsleep Battery Saver

There are 5 pre-defined profiles: Gentle, Balance, Strong, Aggressive, Slumberer. They varies on frequency, duration and other settings. The former is less disruptive, but save less battery and vise versa. These 5 profiles are read-only and you can not change it. If you need more twist on app's settings, Select custom profile and modify them

Profile settings
    • A profile is divided into 2 period: weekday vs weekend
    • For each period, a profile includes following parameters
      • Frequency: The device is turned on deepsleep mode at a selected frequency
      • Duration: The device is woke up after for a selected duration after a each frequency cycle
      • Wileless & Network: Control radio setting during deepsleep on
      • Sync: Control sync strategy and sync account
      • Apps: Select apps that will be stopped during deepsleep on
      • CPU: Process twist - root only
      • Night period: During this period, device is always in deepsleep mode

Notice: If your setting (ex. Wifi) is off, Deepsleep Battery Saver does not control it during deepsleep mode on

General settings
    These settings apply on all profiles
    • Screen off delay: a short delay before deepsleep start. This option is used to avoid quick screen toggle.
    • Whitelist: Apps are always ignored when deepsleep on, such as online music player
    • Ingored recent apps: ignore recent launched apps
    • Use APN settings: twist 3G/4G/mobile data toggler
    • Check background data: If selected, it will ignore deepsleep mode if traffic is above a defined threshold
    • Traffic threshold & Traffic sampling frequency: sample traffic and compare to a defined threshold

Minimalism
    • By default, the app come with pre-configuration that can work well on most devices. Just toggle a enable/disable button to start/stop it.
    • "Custom" profile allows you to customize all parameters in order to fix with your special requirements.

Languages
    ☆ English
    ☆ Français
    ☆ Tiếng Việt
    ☆ català
    ☆ Deutsch
    ☆ español
    ☆ português
    ☆ 繁體字
    ☆ العربية
    ☆ Italiano
    ☆ 한국어
    ☆ norsk
    ☆ русский
    ☆ српски
    ☆ עִבְרִית (Hebrew)
    ☆ magyar (Hungarian),
    ☆ 日本語 (Japanese),
    ☆ română (Romanian),
    ☆ Türkçe (Turkish),
    ☆ polski (Polish),
    ☆ slovenčina (Slovak),
    ☆ português (Brazil)

Known issues

Website

Check average battery life for your device: http://battery.rootuninstaller.com/start

Support
    Deep Sleep Community https://plus.google.com/communities/110248593220381044589
    Google Page: https://plus.google.com/105955215575101868884
    Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/AntTekApps

Download

Google Play download: Free, Pro

We released (13 December, 2012) this app on Google Play with Free and Pro version. The Pro version supports to fully customize "Custom" profile. A special version for XDA-ers also upload here in which works as PRO version plus future features

Xposed: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.rootuninstaller.batrsaver

V 4.0.838
    - Support Lollipop (root requires)

V 3.4
    - Redesign UI
    - Support xposed
    - Nice power widgets and notification panel
    Download: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.rootuninstaller.batrsaver

V 1.9
    - Changed User Present option to OFF as default
    - Added languages: Danish, Greek, Finnish, Urdu
    - XDA version (expired on 1 May 2013) - View attachment DeepsleepBatterySaver_XDA_Ver1.9.apk

V 1.811
    - Extend expiration date (upto 1 May 2013) for XDA version
    - XDA version (expired on 1 May 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_XDA_Ver1.811.apk

V 1.81
    - Fixed minor bugs
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.81.apk

V 1.8
    - Fixed incoming call makes fail to rollback deep sleep mode
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.8.apk

V 1.72
    - Fixed does not recover WiFi/data on some devices
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaverXDA_Ver1.72.apk

V 1.71
    - Fixed blank notification item
    - Externalize User Present option (Settings > Deep Sleep > User Present)
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaverXDA_Ver1.71.apk

V 1.7
    - Change default recharge option, now the device always wakes up if on recharge
    - Support to wake up only when screen unlocked
    - Added languages: Croatian, Lithuanian, Dutch, Swedish
    - More status bar icon set: Blue, Green (Pro)
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.7.apk

V 1.6
    - Support Tasker/Locale plugin
    - Edit send log and write log to analysis log good
    - Support "Notification when battery low/full"
    - Added languages: Czech, Indonesian, Burmese, Slovenian
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.6.apk

V 1.51
    - Fixed 3g does not toggle
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.51.apk

V 1.5
    - Support deep sleep whitelist apps
    - Support force Airplane mode during night period
    - Support toggle WiMax/4G (experimental)
    - Support until screen on option in deep sleep frequency
    - Support airplane mode for Android 4.2 with root (Android 2.1-4.1 does not require root)
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.5.apk

V 1.4
    - Fixed discharge/recharge options issue
    - Added 5s, 10s screen off delay
    - Support to hide icon notification on status bar (only Android 4.1+)
    - Added languages: עִבְרִית (Hebrew), magyar (Hungarian), 日本語 (Japanese), română(Romanian), Türkçe (Turkish), polski(Polish), slovenčina (Slovak), português (Brazil)
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.4.apk

V 1.31
    - Fixed force close when clicks on widget
    - Fixed no action when clicks on notification
    - Fixed deep sleep when discharge/recharge options
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) - View attachment DSBatterySaver_Ver1.31.apk

V 1.3
    - Fixed notification icon bug
    - Support to change notification icon (PRO)
    - Support "screen on delay" feature (helpful if you phone is lagged when screens on or turn screen on to check time)
    - Added languages: العربية (Arabic), Italiano (Italian), 한국어 (Korean), norsk (Norwegian), русский (Russian), српски(Serbian)
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) View attachment DSBatterySaverXDA-Ver1.3.apk (buggy, download other version instead)

V 1.2
    - Added languages: German, Portugese, Spanish, Catalan, Chinese
    - Fixed bug on custom profile with GPS on
    - XDA version (expired on 18 Mar 2013) View attachment DSBatterySaverXDA-Ver1.2.apk

Ver 1.1
    - Notification bar enhancements
    - XDA version (expired on 15 Mar 2013) View attachment DSBatterySaverXDA-Ver1.1.apk

Ver 1.0
    - Many improvements
    - Publish on Play Store
    - Special XDA version (expired on 15 Mar 2013) View attachment DSBatterySaverXDA-Ver1.0.apk

Ver 0.91
    - Refined permissions
    - Download: View attachment DeepSleepBatterySaver_XDA_0.91.apk

Ver 0.9
    - First release
    - Download: View attachment DeepSleepBatterySaver_XDA.apk

Screenshot

11.png
    2.png

3.png
    4.png

6.png
    7.png
    Google Play version is out, both Free and Pro. Pro version supports to fully customize "Custom" profile. A special version for XDA-ers also upload here in which works as PRO version plus future features
    Installed the most recent XDA build and the Play Store keeps wanting me to update it to the free version...

I just extend the expiration date to 1 May 2013. Please download the version 1.811

V 1.811
    - Extend expiration date (upto 1 May 2013) for XDA version
    - XDA version (expired on 1 May 2013) - DSBatterySaver_XDA_Ver1.811.apk
    The App look good but worring about security.

The concept look really cool. I'm waiting for your Google Play approval. I'm also little worried about installing this app. The warning says the app able to directly make call to a phone number.
    The v1.31 apk is not a valid file. Gives Parse Error on installing. And the size is just 30.4 KB
    Can you please upload the file again?

Fixed. Thank you.