POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO SOD [Sleep of Death] - Stock firmware

Search This thread

Ricky392

Feb 13, 2013
Milano
Hi everyone, for who is suffering with this problem, here we go, let's FIX IT !
First of all, this is not a 100% sure fixing method, but I want to work with you people of XDA in order to solve this problem.

WHERE IS THE PROBLEM ?
I discovered that the problem is in the manageing of the wifi during the deep sleep.
When the phone is sleeping, if for any reason the signal is lost, and the SII+ trys to reconnect to the access point, here we have the SOD.
This happens only during the deep sleep.

SOLUTION
So I think how to avoid this situations. A solution could be to set the wifi policy, in "Wifi Advance", when the screen is off to NEVER and check the option "Check Internet Connection", reboot and done.

I'm using this simple configuration since 2 days and it seems that the SOD are gone. I'm not sure about it and i'm writing here because I want to share this solution whit everyone.
So please try and let me know here !
THANKS !!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Emi1888

Emi1888

Jan 9, 2014
Fantastic, thank you! Let know if sod problems happens again. I downgraded my s2+ to 4.1.2 because in this version I never had sod problems but if this works I will upgrade to 4.2.2

Reactions: skljsklj1

Ricky392

Feb 13, 2013
Milano
It's been a month since I started to talk with samsung of this bug. I took my phone to the rapair center for 3 times and they tried to change the motherboard, the PBA of charging (another logic board), and then at the 3rd time I ask for a substitution with a new one, in particular with another model, as is written in the warranty. But the headquarter of Samsung italy said that my phone is fixable... I know it's incredible, even after changing almost 2/3 of the phone they didn't grant me the substitution. Fortunatly the technical rebuilt a new 9105p for me, because he understands my irritation. Now, as everything i tried didn't solve the SOD, i'm trying the last possible solution, going without the SD card. Probably the phone during his common life cicle, fail to read or write something on the sd and then it stucks in our SOD.
Just trying this thing, then if it will freeze again, i'll go to them and I'll pretend the sustitution
PS the sd card is a kingston class 4, 8GB, used of 2 years in a smartphone (hungry of space on it), I also discovered an hidden partition of 512mb formatted in ext3/ext4 !

keep you update on the situation

Reactions: oned46

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, for who is suffering with this problem, here we go, let's FIX IT !
    First of all, this is not a 100% sure fixing method, but I want to work with you people of XDA in order to solve this problem.

WHERE IS THE PROBLEM ?
    I discovered that the problem is in the manageing of the wifi during the deep sleep.
    When the phone is sleeping, if for any reason the signal is lost, and the SII+ trys to reconnect to the access point, here we have the SOD.
    This happens only during the deep sleep.

SOLUTION
    So I think how to avoid this situations. A solution could be to set the wifi policy, in "Wifi Advance", when the screen is off to NEVER and check the option "Check Internet Connection", reboot and done.

I'm using this simple configuration since 2 days and it seems that the SOD are gone. I'm not sure about it and i'm writing here because I want to share this solution whit everyone.
    So please try and let me know here !
    THANKS !!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Fantastic, thank you! Let know if sod problems happens again. I downgraded my s2+ to 4.1.2 because in this version I never had sod problems but if this works I will upgrade to 4.2.2
    It's been a month since I started to talk with samsung of this bug. I took my phone to the rapair center for 3 times and they tried to change the motherboard, the PBA of charging (another logic board), and then at the 3rd time I ask for a substitution with a new one, in particular with another model, as is written in the warranty. But the headquarter of Samsung italy said that my phone is fixable... I know it's incredible, even after changing almost 2/3 of the phone they didn't grant me the substitution. Fortunatly the technical rebuilt a new 9105p for me, because he understands my irritation. Now, as everything i tried didn't solve the SOD, i'm trying the last possible solution, going without the SD card. Probably the phone during his common life cicle, fail to read or write something on the sd and then it stucks in our SOD.
    Just trying this thing, then if it will freeze again, i'll go to them and I'll pretend the sustitution
    PS the sd card is a kingston class 4, 8GB, used of 2 years in a smartphone (hungry of space on it), I also discovered an hidden partition of 512mb formatted in ext3/ext4 !

keep you update on the situation