[WM6.1] Merged Reversal 2.0 - R E V I V E D

Search This thread

chriskay

Aug 16, 2006
Merged Reversal 2.0 - Windows Mobile 6.1
ROM Version 5.2.19.213 WWE
- R E V I V E D

Well, here it is: version 2. Actually, I did not really intend to bother once more with any cooked rom for the Prophet. But when I read lately that Windows Mobile 7 has been postponed until end of 2009, I thought of trying it again. For WM7 I suspect new hardware will be necessary, and I just do not want to buy a new device for only one year. So I decided to keep my Prophet a little bit longer and try to put a decent version of WM6.1 on it.

General Information:

This rom is based on Cloudyfa's latest contribution as you can tell by the version and has been merged and reversed back to the WM6.1 standard as closely as possible. I stripped off any additional software that is not "original". After some experimenting I also found that IR and "Receive all incoming beams" are not interlocked anymore as it used to be. So, no bug I hope, and actually quite handy. In terms of the keypad backlight: I found on an official HTC Touch Dual that the keypad backlight does not switch on either when pressing the power button. So I assume this is an "official" behaviour and not a bug either...(?)...

I was also thinking about implementing transcriber and VOIP. But as this rom might also be used by non-English speakers, I thought everyone should choose themselves. You can find the cabs all over the place or download the older but complete version 1.51 directly from Microsoft (English, German & French only). I also decided to leave VOIP out as I read too many different opinions on it in terms of functionality and stability.

Finally, I made two versions: one non-UC (with accessible and bootable Extended ROM) and one UC-capable. The latter one has also an accessible Extended ROM but will not boot from it. Find the download links below - Jump/Soft/Hard SPL required!

I have tested this rom heavily over the last couple of days in any imaginable way and could not find a single misbehaviour. If you do find anything suspicious, please tell me and I will have a look into it!

Short overview:

- WPA2 (implemented by Cloudyfa)
- IR fixed and fully operational
- CommManager re-arranged (showing 8 of 12 functions)
- added CommManager link to Control Panel
- added OCX Skin for Windows Media Player
- minor registry tweaks
- general clean-up

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download links:

Non-UC:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BUE5QGCM

UC:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XR56UAB4

Attachments

• Part_1.jpg
    Part_1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,461
  • Part_2.jpg
    Part_2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,418
  • Part_3.jpg
    Part_3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,417
Last edited:

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
My first impression is very good, a splendid base-ROM. It is a bit to clean for my taste, but I prefer to add my favorites to my device by myself instead of being busy removing and altering what I don't like. So, a big thanks!

One small remark though (I have to, it is genetic) I think this commanager is to much Touch styled. In fact, the one in Korand's ROM is the most plain buttonstyled one (but is a pain to the eyes).

chriskay

Aug 16, 2006
One small remark though (I have to, it is genetic) I think this commanager is to much Touch styled. In fact, the one in Korand's ROM is the most plain buttonstyled one (but is a pain to the eyes).
yeah, i know. i was looking around for some decent skins. but due to the neutrality of black also matching the original black dialpad, i thought it might suit just anybody best, since now, everyone can chose whatever theme colour they like, you see? moreover, the basic commmanager only supports 7 functions to my knowledge.

Last edited:

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
yeah, i know. i was looking around for some decent skins. but due to the neutrality of black also matching the original black dialpad, i thought it might suit just anybody best, since now, everyone can chose whatever theme colour they like, you see?

You are probably right. Anyway I have a habit about "greening" things up, so it don't bother me at all. If I bump in to a nice, neutral skin that matches the black dialer, I will remember you...

BTW you did upgrade the solitaire images, didn't you?

chriskay

Aug 16, 2006
nope. this sort of "patch" might be nice for wm5. but the patched images just look rubbish compared to wm6 solitaire. only the cover images do look better. but that is not worth the "upgrade".

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
nope. this sort of "patch" might be nice for wm5. but the patched images just look rubbish compared to wm6 solitaire. only the cover images do look better. but that is not worth the "upgrade".

Now you know how often I have played Solitaire since I flashed WM6.... never noticed those upgraded images before!

BTW one thing I did like about Cloudyfa's extended design was the colored keyboard. Is it simple to install that one again? Wich files are involved?

chriskay

Aug 16, 2006
i could provide you with the msim.96.dll which contains the green skin. but just copying it into the windows folder won't do the trick. i don't know if there is another way apart from recooking the rom. sorry!

Last edited:

chriskay

Aug 16, 2006
Why is the top bar one solid colour?
or is that because of the screnshot program?

that is the official new design of wm6.1. i got used to it and now like it pretty much. looks a bit like vista now.

anyway, if you don't like it, delete registry key [hkcu\software\microsoft\today\windows mobile 6.1.tsk]

rondol1

Dec 1, 2006
Hoofdorp
i could provide you with the msim.96.dll which contains the green skin. but just copying it into the windows folder won't do the trick. i don't know if there is another way apart from recooking the rom. sorry!

recooking shouldn't be a problem, I you could upload that dll file I would be gratefull. Is it just a matter of replacing when cooking or is there more involved?

A lot of questions, but you did just that what I had planned to do, except from some minor details. You have saved me a lot of trial-and-error!

chriskay

Aug 16, 2006
You have saved me a lot of trial-and-error!
that is more or less exactly what i did. as i said, i am quite new to the cooking business. but it was quite some fun and interesting, and sometimes a pain in the arse... so, you should give it a try... :p

anyway, i upload the dll which just has to be replaced in the dump folder. BUT it is a module dll. so you can copy it right into the module folder or create one yourself with reversemode.exe. either way, before building the rom, you MUST use G'Reloc.exe. otherwise, it will most likely not work. that is at least my experience from replacing the touch.dll. i used neokit035 which still has g'reloc included. the same procedure is probably necessary when replacing any other module.

by the way, i was thinking to strip off the black commmanager skin and go for the basic blue one, since the black one has a tiny little minor flaw... it has got to be just perfect, you know (that is also genetic ;))?

p. s.: attached the entire module

Attachments

• msim.96.dll.zip
    106.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: