[Q] Sudden gremlins

Search This thread

Skidude108

Jan 8, 2014
I have an AT&T GS4 with the MF3 update. I rooted it back in October, then tried to un-root it in November, which worked as far as root checker is concerned. It still says "custom" with a lock symbol when I turn it on though.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon it started doing weird things.
-The play/pause button on the headphones doesn't play or pause anything, though if i hold it I still get the voice commands.
-Scrolling in apps and menus hesitates and skips.
-It hangs up when I wake it up before it will let me swipe to unlock.
-Sometimes while listening to podcasts it will just pause them, or switch to google music for less than a second before pausing all sound in the headphones.
-Once when I picked it up off my desk (with the screen off and nothing plugged into it) it started playing google music out loud in my silent office.

All of this started suddenly yesterday afternoon. I had not downloaded any new apps in a while, and I didn't really notice if anything was updated.

I have tried formatting my SD card, closing as many running apps as I can identify, rebooting, removing the battery, removing the SD card, and cleaning out the headphone jack of dust. Oh, and I tried to download wakelock detector, but it will not install. No errors, it just downloads and sits at 100% without installing.

I have very little experience with messing with Android, since I came from an iPhone back in August to this, and didn't get to play with anything before I got the awful MF3 update. So if anybody has any suggestions, keep that level of knowledge in mind.

Skidude108

Jan 8, 2014
In attempting to back up my data, it will not connect to my computer. I have a mac with Android File Transfer that I have used in the past, but just says it cannot connect. It did connect once, but it took a few tries and now it won't connect again.