There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in your registered home network

Search This thread

osu

Dec 26, 2007
Once I tried to connect the free wifi on Atlanta airport. Since then my ATT 8525 randomly displays this message "There is a problem connecting to the GPRS service in your registered home network.
Just FYI, I do not ATT internet subscription.
I can receive text messages and calls as usual but today when I tried to sync my phone with my laptop, it gave errors like make Outlook express as your default mail server.

I cannot sync my phone to my laptop which was possible until I started getting the GPRS messages.

Please help me.

fuzzvirus

May 7, 2007
Check your selected network and see by changing it to correct network settings. I am not sure if it is going to resolve your problem or not.

alonav

Mar 26, 2010
I'm having the same problem.
I do not have a GPRS service.
I do not need it because i use WIFI.
Can i make wifi my only data connection with the HD2?
thnx

iiodii

Jan 21, 2006
go to settings>connections>connections
the touch manage connections and delete the default tmobile gprs setting by touching it and holding til delete come up.

Ismat

Oct 12, 2010
Just fyi,

I was facing this problem, and iiodii's solution worked fine, or simply :

Go to settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks >
Check both options to 'My Work Network' or any network other than your Mobile provider connection.

An advise "Just for users who will reach this topic" (I did through Google :) )

G

GuestK00455

This didn't work. I'm having the same problem: GPRS not working when I try to send/receive MMS, and it all started after I started using wifi. Should I flash the radio?

taz357

Jan 21, 2008
Various
I have Hermes 200- two years ago I had the same problem-this is what I did: went to the WIKI and downloaded "network settings" for my phone (cab) and loaded directly to my phone, soft reseted and that was it. Savy!?!!

granitoos

Oct 10, 2010
Go to phone and then menu and then options and go to BAND, don't choose auto but chose GSM OR CDMA both of them. Hope it will help all of you.

Last edited: