[02/08/2015] INDEX of ROMs [Original Android Development Forum]

Search This thread

predatorftp

Jun 14, 2007
Great idea and great post.

if you don't mind a few comments:
1. Please add next to each ROM publisher the current Kernel, CSC, Modem it's using. this will help us to find our self's with all the ROM's out there. for example i would like to know directly from your index if a ROM of ICS is from a beta version or the newly published release...

2. maybe, just a suggestion - you can open for edit your Index, so the developers of the ROM's can update the Index them self's. I say that because the Index must be updated all the time with almost online capability or else it's obsolete...(with 4-5 ROM's updated every day) I say that because the Index was last updated almost 2 weeks ago.

thumbs up for the idea and for taking the time to do this.

hirak99

Oct 10, 2011
Hi,

Any change we could have Kernels included for those who don't want to change the full ROM?

Thanks

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Kernels are normally found separate to each rom if you look in dev section .

Some rom builders even link to the kernel on their rom build page .

Four kernels posted on the first page of this forum for starters .

jje

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
Not to be rude or anything. But would it really be a problem to update this daily? I mean it wouldn't take more than 4 minutes. Or would it? Because if I was the OP, I would update it daily as not to mislead some users. Like the fact that LeoMar75 Rom Revolution v2.7.1 is still in the list. When that rom is discontinued because he made a new rom with GadgetCheck.

These are just a few tips. Just like a user stated somewhere in this thread that you haven't even updated the thread weekly or even biweekly.

Have a nice day :)

daniel_costa_rj

Apr 17, 2009
Rio De Janeiro
www.speoty.com
Not to be rude or anything. But would it really be a problem to update this daily? I mean it wouldn't take more than 4 minutes. Or would it? Because if I was the OP, I would update it daily as not to mislead some users. Like the fact that LeoMar75 Rom Revolution v2.7.1 is still in the list. When that rom is discontinued because he made a new rom with GadgetCheck.

These are just a few tips. Just like a user stated somewhere in this thread that you haven't even updated the thread weekly or even biweekly.

Have a nice day :)

Hi, I hadn t updated because I m making changes inglês how update frenquently. Thanks

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

mr-free

Jan 16, 2009
New York
help

ok I know.. I should know better ..

But I like to run this ICS ROM ..

my Phone is not rooted, and its 100% stock .. stock recovery etc..

so like to know the steps to install this ROM on a 100% stock Phone ..

BTW I got the GS2 (SGH-T989)

SO YES.. back to basic .. I need all the steps .. Thanks guys..:D

woffu22

Mar 15, 2007
Thanks.
Can someone explain whats the difference between "Original" and normal android development ???

dlo2008

Oct 8, 2008
Brussels
I don't know if somebody even still reads it :), it's true, this way it's useless and outdated, but it is impossible for one person to keep an index up to date. Although it has been a great effort!

Maybe an alternative is in order: what about the idea to put all the ROMS in a Google spreadsheet on Google Drive, and let one person 'rearrange the columns' but all user can edit. I am for example a complete brainless non-developing phone user, and the only thing that is of true interest to me is what the ROM supports, UMS, USB-OTG, Swype, various issues.

This way, any developer only needs to fill in some info (date, title, build, link) and users can feedback about the rest... I needed a new ROM so I was anyway making a spreadsheet for me - but I stopped at the Paranoid Hybrid ROM, only tested a few now. You can find it here (anyone can edit):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aivw3eoh46GMdEstaFUwb2h4SjIwdlhrR0MzbzcySGc

I hope I'm not trespassing any boundaries here, I applauded the initiative of an index, anyway, but I think that this is the only way such a thing can work, even mixing Original/Non-original builds (since I never understood what it actually means).

So daniel_costa_rj, if you think it's a good idea, add the link to the first post and I think the table could be filled in quite efficiently through users themselves (who can also add comments including usernames and dates), offering a nice guide for complete idiots like me. Because if there's no real 'update'-team, no individual could ever keep up. Using a table like this, you can also download it and filter it for any information or selecting roms to your liking.

Last edited:

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
I agree with the 2 posts above me....

In my opinion the person who should hold a INDEX of all the roms should be a consistent person :D Someone who actually doesn't mind spending 3 minutes a week changing a couple of lines. And I'm not that person, so maybe we can find someone else?

Reactions: Mr.Greg

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
Update

New Index update!

Updated:

All the ROM's that previously was indexed, the threads closed are removed of the index.

Added:

[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] koud AOSP (v.21.04.12)

This ROM added are only the one that the people suggest on the thread, more later i check the entire forum to find the missing ROM'S :)

Last edited:
Reactions: beston94

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
Update

New Index Update!

Added:

FAQ for noob users (really, really basic, if you want more details please search, here on XDA, are many useful posts :))

Reactions: beston94

Top Liked Posts