[ROM]4.1.2|KING-KANG|Monster One| Spen Gestures (yes fully secure screenshot works)

Search This thread

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
kangpreview3.jpg

ICS video :

What is King Kang?
King Kang is essentially a hybrid ROM - its a mixture of AOKP, CyanogenMod, and ParanoidAndroid, bringing all their customizations to one rock solid and quick ROM. These numerous features combine to create a blend of features not seen anywhere else before. Make the user interface yours with this ROM. Change the DPI the ROM runs at, tweak the interface to your hearts content, while enjoying great battery life and stability. Never before have these features combined to create a ROM as feature-packed as King Kang. Credits for the features goes directly to the teams responsible - AOKP and CM for their respective work, and ParanoidAndroid for their wonderful DPI on-the-fly modifications. Without these teams, this ROM would not be possible.

What is the future going to be like for King Kang?
Currently, it is heavily rooted in AOKP as its main base. As the ROM progresses, it will grow and extend its functionality. Want to see a feature from a different ROM that isn't here, or have an idea for a new feature that isn't currently in any other ROM out there? Fill out the feature request form located here so that we can bring it to you! http://kan.gd/1t88

What are the current features of King Kang?

How do I install King Kang?
  1. Download the ROM
  2. Reboot into your recovery (TWRP is recommended)
  3. Wipe data if you are coming from a ROM besides King Kang
  4. Flash the King Kang ROM zip
  5. Flash the Google Apps zip
  6. Format your dalvik cache/normal cache
  7. Reboot
  8. side load (or adb push to /system/app) the PA app (may or may not need to) change permission and reboot.
  9. Customize your experience to your heart's content!

Download

Get King Kang Jelly here
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
Latest one for Jellybean (CM10) should work perfectly

Information
Some AOKP features power over the ParanoidAndroid ones. For example, in order to get Tablet UI, you first need to check the "Tablet UI" option in ROM Control, then change it to the desired mode in Paranoid Android, and then reboot.

This ROM began as a creation by DAGr8 for Android 4.0, ICS. It offered a simple AOKP + PA combination.

The ROM is currently being built 100% from source. The "team", a.k.a. people maintaining and adding features from other ROMs is currently myself and DAGr8. Without the other teams though, this ROM would be nothing.

Contribute
Want to get involved in the ROM? Grab the ROM source, located here: http://github.com/KingKang
Send pull requests, and PM me!

Credits
  • Rohan32
  • AOKP Team
  • ParanoidAndroid Team
  • CyanogenMod Team
  • All of the contributers to those respective ROMs
  • All the fools (thats right fools :D) who hang out in IRC
  • All them testers

ICS release info and downloads here :

BASED of LF6
AOKP Build from source for the I717 by me . Milestone 6
(using CM 's source kernel)
Paranoid Android Features All included V1.5a
LTE toggle was removed it didnt work anyways .
Make sure you are on latest TWRP2.2.1 or latest CWM ( you can use Rom manager to update it or do this

get ALL of King-Kang releases Including KinKanger's OC Kernel (not the same one as built in the rom ) here
Built from (H0tw1r3 's source kernel)

get PA 's optimized Gapps here : http://4ndr01d.com/drcmda/common/

Changelogs in Latest Version

updated to milestone 6 (last release of AOKP for ICS they are moving on to JB )
Rebuilt from scratch
NFC (shoudl be) fixed
Added Data toggle + 2G toggle + Lte toggle ( not sure the Lte one works tho)
Native i717 camera instead of the skyrocket one that was in the previous build *shoudlnt see any differences
Stock LF5 kernel (hopefully this fixes issues some are experiencing)
Tried to make Keyboard display proper size on first boot

Bugs / fix / mods:

_If you have many apps installed and PAD list keeps crashing on you do this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28162502&postcount=54 (you can thank him in his post for that)

_How to DISABLE/ENABLE Hovering Pointer when using S-Pen- For those of you who do not like this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28204299&postcount=178 (you can thank him in his post for that)

Last edited:

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Rules (and I mean it)

1_Please be smart !
some features of aokp over power the pa ones
For instance you cant get into tablet ui without first allowing it inside rom control
Dual Panel view in settings is dependant of ROMControl .

2_Wipe 3 times flash again and report later .
3_IF I can not replicate the bug even if 3 of you have the same one go to rule one , eventually it will solve it self .
4_Error still there ? Logcats or gtfo
5_Please dont answer or trollusers who cant read whats next just poitn them to this thread ..

PLEASE READ :
These releases will NOT include ParanoidPreferences.apk . I will not get into details why its not included in the rom.
But , know this : it is NOT warez ....
so any one can upload to his host of choice I will link it in the op..
otherwise yall know where to get the app .
just push it to system/app ( I didnt even had to reboot nor fix permissions but I do recommend it) .

Last edited:

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal

CHANGE LOGS:
kko12
everythign AOKP Final release has . ( checkout the new lockscreen)
quick reply pop up
lefty mode <------
spen gestures (fully secure) (select custom app/ aokp actions / take screenshot
ascending ringtone
camera select storage (finally)
allow copy paste in gtalk
cm 's advanced phone settings ..

Last edited:

bailey1

Feb 14, 2008
Champaign, IL
Nice release will check this out for sure, i noticed you used build 40 aokp, is this PAD 1.4 or 1.5a?

Sent from my Note running whatever rom I decided to flash today.

eugenekim618

Nov 13, 2010
Toronto
I've been flash free for almost a week now...enjoying JamieD's Paranoid ROM.

Dangit!

Time to backup on CWM and try this out!

**FAST DOWNLOAD!!**

J

juwttt

Oh my gosh, you made my holiday!!!!! Love your work very much:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
The keyboard seems to be jacked up and I can't sign in to google because the keyboard is small and the buttons are hard to find......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

delacrow

Apr 7, 2012
The keyboard seems to be jacked up and I can't sign in to google because the keyboard is small and the buttons are hard to find......

Same here. Default keyboard seems to be full size (recognition-wise) but appearance is single handed - that is why there is a discrepancy between where you press on the keyboard vs the button being triggered (as far as I can tell). Tried GO Keyboard - same thing. The discrepancy increases for buttons on the right.

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
For people having keyboard problems set DPI in AOKP settings to whatever you like and then reboot. It worked for me.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Ooooh goodies!!!!!!

^__^ thnx you for this!!!! Will give it a spin

Let's see what this rom can do ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kangpreview3.jpg

ICS video :

What is King Kang?
    King Kang is essentially a hybrid ROM - its a mixture of AOKP, CyanogenMod, and ParanoidAndroid, bringing all their customizations to one rock solid and quick ROM. These numerous features combine to create a blend of features not seen anywhere else before. Make the user interface yours with this ROM. Change the DPI the ROM runs at, tweak the interface to your hearts content, while enjoying great battery life and stability. Never before have these features combined to create a ROM as feature-packed as King Kang. Credits for the features goes directly to the teams responsible - AOKP and CM for their respective work, and ParanoidAndroid for their wonderful DPI on-the-fly modifications. Without these teams, this ROM would not be possible.

What is the future going to be like for King Kang?
    Currently, it is heavily rooted in AOKP as its main base. As the ROM progresses, it will grow and extend its functionality. Want to see a feature from a different ROM that isn't here, or have an idea for a new feature that isn't currently in any other ROM out there? Fill out the feature request form located here so that we can bring it to you! http://kan.gd/1t88

What are the current features of King Kang?

How do I install King Kang?
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Reboot into your recovery (TWRP is recommended)
    3. Wipe data if you are coming from a ROM besides King Kang
    4. Flash the King Kang ROM zip
    5. Flash the Google Apps zip
    6. Format your dalvik cache/normal cache
    7. Reboot
    8. side load (or adb push to /system/app) the PA app (may or may not need to) change permission and reboot.
    9. Customize your experience to your heart's content!

Download

Get King Kang Jelly here
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
    Latest one for Jellybean (CM10) should work perfectly

Information
    Some AOKP features power over the ParanoidAndroid ones. For example, in order to get Tablet UI, you first need to check the "Tablet UI" option in ROM Control, then change it to the desired mode in Paranoid Android, and then reboot.

This ROM began as a creation by DAGr8 for Android 4.0, ICS. It offered a simple AOKP + PA combination.

The ROM is currently being built 100% from source. The "team", a.k.a. people maintaining and adding features from other ROMs is currently myself and DAGr8. Without the other teams though, this ROM would be nothing.

Contribute
    Want to get involved in the ROM? Grab the ROM source, located here: http://github.com/KingKang
    Send pull requests, and PM me!

Credits
    • Rohan32
    • AOKP Team
    • ParanoidAndroid Team
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • All of the contributers to those respective ROMs
    • All the fools (thats right fools :D) who hang out in IRC
    • All them testers

ICS release info and downloads here :

BASED of LF6
    AOKP Build from source for the I717 by me . Milestone 6
    (using CM 's source kernel)
    Paranoid Android Features All included V1.5a
    LTE toggle was removed it didnt work anyways .
    Make sure you are on latest TWRP2.2.1 or latest CWM ( you can use Rom manager to update it or do this

get ALL of King-Kang releases Including KinKanger's OC Kernel (not the same one as built in the rom ) here
    Built from (H0tw1r3 's source kernel)

get PA 's optimized Gapps here : http://4ndr01d.com/drcmda/common/

Changelogs in Latest Version

updated to milestone 6 (last release of AOKP for ICS they are moving on to JB )
    Rebuilt from scratch
    NFC (shoudl be) fixed
    Added Data toggle + 2G toggle + Lte toggle ( not sure the Lte one works tho)
    Native i717 camera instead of the skyrocket one that was in the previous build *shoudlnt see any differences
    Stock LF5 kernel (hopefully this fixes issues some are experiencing)
    Tried to make Keyboard display proper size on first boot

Bugs / fix / mods:

_If you have many apps installed and PAD list keeps crashing on you do this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28162502&postcount=54 (you can thank him in his post for that)

_How to DISABLE/ENABLE Hovering Pointer when using S-Pen- For those of you who do not like this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28204299&postcount=178 (you can thank him in his post for that)

Rules (and I mean it)

1_Please be smart !
    some features of aokp over power the pa ones
    For instance you cant get into tablet ui without first allowing it inside rom control
    Dual Panel view in settings is dependant of ROMControl .

2_Wipe 3 times flash again and report later .
    3_IF I can not replicate the bug even if 3 of you have the same one go to rule one , eventually it will solve it self .
    4_Error still there ? Logcats or gtfo
    5_Please dont answer or trollusers who cant read whats next just poitn them to this thread ..

PLEASE READ :
    These releases will NOT include ParanoidPreferences.apk . I will not get into details why its not included in the rom.
    But , know this : it is NOT warez ....
    so any one can upload to his host of choice I will link it in the op..
    otherwise yall know where to get the app .
    just push it to system/app ( I didnt even had to reboot nor fix permissions but I do recommend it) .

CHANGE LOGS:
    kko12
    everythign AOKP Final release has . ( checkout the new lockscreen)
    quick reply pop up
    lefty mode <------
    spen gestures (fully secure) (select custom app/ aokp actions / take screenshot
    ascending ringtone
    camera select storage (finally)
    allow copy paste in gtalk
    cm 's advanced phone settings ..
    this version is pretty much final , until aokp or Pa updates there stuff .