Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com

PLEASE READ:

FIRST IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE OTA UPDATE(TO 2.2.2) ALREADY AND WERE NOT ROOTED BEFORE THE OTA UPDATE YOU CAN ONLY GET CLOCKWORK RECOVERY THROUGH THE FAST BOOT METHOD BELOW AS ONLY ROOT CAN FLASH CWR THROUGH ROM MANAGER

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE CWR INSTALLED BUT DO NOT HAVE OR TRIED TO INSTALL THE OTA UPDATE YET AND ARE STILL ON VERSION 2.2.1 DO NOT UPDATE!!! DOWNLOAD THE ZIP IN THIS THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1008650 AND FLASH THROUGH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY AND YOU WILL HAVE THE UPDATE PLUS IT WILL BE ROOTED (CURRENTLY THERE IS NO WAY TO ROOT WITH THE UPDATE UNLESS IT'S THIS METHOD)

IF YOUR STREAK 7 CAME PRE INSTALLED WITH ANDROID VERSION 2.2.2 YOU CAN ONLY GET CLOCKWORK RECOVERY THROUGH THE FAST BOOT METHOD BELOW AS ONLY ROOT CAN FLASH CWR THROUGH ROM MANAGER

Ladies and Gentlemen,
After over 72 long hours and barely any sleep we now have a working Clockwork Recovery!!! I cant believe I did it! Thanks to everyone in the community that pitched in to make this happen, I couldnt have done it without the help of all of you! Thanks!!

Special thanks to Koush for taking the time to chat with me and Bogdi1988.. one guy on irc told me "You should feel lucky, Koush is even talking to you about this, he ignored me for weeks" hahaha I guess he knew how close we were so we didn't mind helping us get to the finish line! I dont know what exactly he changed for us but he put the finishing touches on it.

AGAIN: YOU CAN FLASH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY MOD BY USING ROM MANAGER(IF YOU HAVE ROOT ACCESS) OR INSTALL MANUALLY THROUGH FASTBOOT

DO NOT PERFORM A FACTORY RESET FROM WITHIN ANDROID YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR PHONE. IF YOU WANT TO DO A FACTORY RESET DO IT THROUGH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY

make sure your phone is connected to the computer and you have entered fastboot mode on the phone by holding down Volume down and the power button at the same time

recovery: http://mirror.kanged.net/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.9-streak7.img

rename this file to recovery.img (or any easy name to type)and place into the same directory as your fastboot executable (usually androidsdkfolder/tools)

open up a command prompt and navigate to the androidsdkdir/tools folder and type this in at the C prompt

fastboot devices
(to make sure you're connected)

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks to Koush, Bogdi1988, BinaryBishop, Lou, nledevil , Hellzya, KenAP, Josh (Hellzya:"hey Jo who are you?") hahaha and everyone else that helped us get this done!!!!!

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disclaimer: I am NOT responsible if you brick your phone trying to flash recovery. flash at YOUR OWN RISK. This software is not supported (only by the community), has no warranty(will void your warranty) and is AS-IS you use/flash this at your own risk. AGAIN I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FU*K UP YOUR PHONE!!!!

donate if you want to/feel like it but if not no biggie.. I do this for the challenge mostly not for donations/thanks so if you feel like donating to me I wont stop ya but I'm definitely not asking for them.. if you want to click thanks then I thank you for your thanks :) , but again you dont have to :)

Last edited:

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
here is a mirror: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23637011/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.9-streak7.img

if fastboot devices returns nothing, do this:
fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

if you messed up you system because u can not read, do this:
get this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23637011/system_orig.img
then do a fastboot flash system system_orig.img
or fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system_orig.img

if u were running dj_steve's perf tweak vs 2, then get this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23637011/system_v02.img

thank you koush for bearing with us tonight and fixing it for us!

Last edited:

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
I hope this attracts more dev. Too grab one of these. Also bogdi you guys did confirm that wiping data and cache through cwr was working? Last build I used was not. Ill test for my self when I get home. Now somebody needs to come up with a stock rom that we can install via cwr to revert back too incase somebody accidently deletes there backup. Instead of fastbooting the system and boot.img I'm stoked this is good. And too think I was about too sell my device. Stupid me

Sent from Re-Engineered dInc

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I hope this attracts more dev. Too grab one of these. Also bogdi you guys did confirm that wiping data and cache through cwr was working? Last build I used was not. Ill test for my self when I get home. Now somebody needs to come up with a stock rom that we can install via cwr to revert back too incase somebody accidently deletes there backup. Instead of fastbooting the system and boot.img I'm stoked this is good. And too think I was about too sell my device. Stupid me

oops! idk about that lol!!! we tested mounts and restore/backup.

btw.... mount boot and mount recovery in cwm do not work and are NOT supposed to work according to koush. they will not mount.

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
Its cool ill test when I get home. Not worried about mounts and such. Just restore/ backup. And full wiping

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
You need too select the update.pkg option that will bring you too cwr

Hellzya

Jan 16, 2011
Id say that's what you get for messing with the frame work lol. Flash the stock system and boot img and start fresh

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com

I can confirm.. I just did wipe cahce and worked, just did wipe data/factory reset and it worked now I'm restoring :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PLEASE READ:

FIRST IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE OTA UPDATE(TO 2.2.2) ALREADY AND WERE NOT ROOTED BEFORE THE OTA UPDATE YOU CAN ONLY GET CLOCKWORK RECOVERY THROUGH THE FAST BOOT METHOD BELOW AS ONLY ROOT CAN FLASH CWR THROUGH ROM MANAGER

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE CWR INSTALLED BUT DO NOT HAVE OR TRIED TO INSTALL THE OTA UPDATE YET AND ARE STILL ON VERSION 2.2.1 DO NOT UPDATE!!! DOWNLOAD THE ZIP IN THIS THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1008650 AND FLASH THROUGH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY AND YOU WILL HAVE THE UPDATE PLUS IT WILL BE ROOTED (CURRENTLY THERE IS NO WAY TO ROOT WITH THE UPDATE UNLESS IT'S THIS METHOD)

IF YOUR STREAK 7 CAME PRE INSTALLED WITH ANDROID VERSION 2.2.2 YOU CAN ONLY GET CLOCKWORK RECOVERY THROUGH THE FAST BOOT METHOD BELOW AS ONLY ROOT CAN FLASH CWR THROUGH ROM MANAGER

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    After over 72 long hours and barely any sleep we now have a working Clockwork Recovery!!! I cant believe I did it! Thanks to everyone in the community that pitched in to make this happen, I couldnt have done it without the help of all of you! Thanks!!

Special thanks to Koush for taking the time to chat with me and Bogdi1988.. one guy on irc told me "You should feel lucky, Koush is even talking to you about this, he ignored me for weeks" hahaha I guess he knew how close we were so we didn't mind helping us get to the finish line! I dont know what exactly he changed for us but he put the finishing touches on it.

AGAIN: YOU CAN FLASH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY MOD BY USING ROM MANAGER(IF YOU HAVE ROOT ACCESS) OR INSTALL MANUALLY THROUGH FASTBOOT

DO NOT PERFORM A FACTORY RESET FROM WITHIN ANDROID YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR PHONE. IF YOU WANT TO DO A FACTORY RESET DO IT THROUGH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY

make sure your phone is connected to the computer and you have entered fastboot mode on the phone by holding down Volume down and the power button at the same time

recovery: http://mirror.kanged.net/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.9-streak7.img

rename this file to recovery.img (or any easy name to type)and place into the same directory as your fastboot executable (usually androidsdkfolder/tools)

open up a command prompt and navigate to the androidsdkdir/tools folder and type this in at the C prompt

fastboot devices
    (to make sure you're connected)

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks to Koush, Bogdi1988, BinaryBishop, Lou, nledevil , Hellzya, KenAP, Josh (Hellzya:"hey Jo who are you?") hahaha and everyone else that helped us get this done!!!!!

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disclaimer: I am NOT responsible if you brick your phone trying to flash recovery. flash at YOUR OWN RISK. This software is not supported (only by the community), has no warranty(will void your warranty) and is AS-IS you use/flash this at your own risk. AGAIN I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FU*K UP YOUR PHONE!!!!

donate if you want to/feel like it but if not no biggie.. I do this for the challenge mostly not for donations/thanks so if you feel like donating to me I wont stop ya but I'm definitely not asking for them.. if you want to click thanks then I thank you for your thanks :) , but again you dont have to :)
    here is a mirror: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23637011/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.9-streak7.img

if fastboot devices returns nothing, do this:
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

if you messed up you system because u can not read, do this:
    get this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23637011/system_orig.img
    then do a fastboot flash system system_orig.img
    or fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system_orig.img

if u were running dj_steve's perf tweak vs 2, then get this:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23637011/system_v02.img

thank you koush for bearing with us tonight and fixing it for us!
    I FIXED IT!!!!! OMFG!!!! YES!!! BOOTED BACK!!! :D

the 2 other guys with issues on this.. paintguy and the other
    do the following
    copy the original boot and recovery on your sdcard
    make sure you copy that flash_image file also as we were trying before

now. here comes the magic! (**** YOU KOUSH!)
    mount all the things you can in the recovery
    type these in adb shell
    flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p2 /sdcard/boot_orig.img

flash_image /dev/block/mmcblk3p1 /sdcard/recovery_orig.img

select reboot from the recovery. now it will reboot and it will format misc and it will reboot again. NOW the device will load the os!!! :D

now that you are here, i also suggest to go to fastboot again and to flash all over again in this order:
    flash system
    flash recovery
    flash boot

all of them using the original ones.
    Good job bogdi. I knew it was nearly impossiable to brick these things

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App

hehe... i can not believe i spent 6 hours on this when it was in front of my face all along!

but i did learn something... koush is a douche! he got on the irc, stayed for a lil bit and then he got off without saying anything or helping at all...

well, this weekend is chill time, then monday i start to maybe build my own roms :)
    i plan on setting up a slimmed down version of dj's perf v2. remove some apps to fix some of the batterylife..
    maybe we can work together hellzya and we can cook up a couple of nice baked goodies for everybody else