[Q] [ARC Lt15i] Do I actually need to upgrade to ICS 4.0.4, is it good enough ?

Search This thread

chokxxi90210

Aug 24, 2008
Guys,

I was about to upgrade my Arc (rooted, .42 FW) to ICS 4.0.4 as it sounds so lucrative, but I am very much discouraged after reading the pros & cons by users on the Sonymobile Blog. http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35431

Some definite cons i read are:

1. Laggy UI
2. Deteriorated camera experience
3. heating of device
4. fast battery drain
5. no update in music player
6. bad sound quality
7. HD games lagging and crashing
8. tonnes of bloatware

if its just for the user interface, i have a similar UI on arc which is the Xperia S Home apk from the BIG MOD Pack...

Please post your reviews on the new 4.0.4 ICS update

EDIT: with new ICS UPDATE, I Meant the STOCK 4.0.4 ICS Update recently released by Sony for Xperia 2011 devices, custom ICS ROMs are obviously very good as they come with tweaks applied.

Last edited:

lake0ftearz

May 13, 2011
I'm using stock rom. Deodex n' disable HW patch. Smartassv2/Deadline. Remove no need softwares.

After a few days, I really happy with this update. No UI lagged, my phone can handle Poweramp and some game like Baseball Superstars 2012, Fantasy Defense, Epic Defense.

I don't play any game of gameloft, so i don't know if it work or not.

Battery is 0.6% per hour idle. ~30% per hour when gaming.

Cons: Chrome stop working due HW disable :(

hajdziu

Mar 28, 2011
Silesia
ICS is just better. I'm using JJ Rom and just loved it :) better than stock.
I'm not returning to ginger any more. Adjusting right kernel and rom is needed to be satisfied.

chulme01

Feb 20, 2011
Birmingham
I use 4.0.4 and love it no lag really smooth. Kernel is xarc removed bloatware, installed smooth scrolling patch OC the processer really good bettery life. I'm finaly happy with ICS !! :)

madasalizard

Jan 4, 2012
It is ok, nothing brilliant. I was not that happy with so I tried the mokee OS rom, and wow that rom is just simply brilliant! But it is only android version 2.3.7.