Unfortunately the process.com.android.phone has stopped

Search This thread

outkast22

Nov 12, 2007
When I make a phone call I get "UNFORTUNATELY THE PROCESS.COM.ANDROID.PHONE HAS STOPPED".When I press ok it ends the call. The phone is a sprint variant on cm10 latest nightly. My att on the same cm10 nightly doesn't have this error. How can I fix it?

Reactions: lee718

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
When I make a phone call I get "UNFORTUNATELY THE PROCESS.COM.ANDROID.PHONE HAS STOPPED".When I press ok it ends the call. The phone is a sprint variant on cm10 latest nightly. My att on the same cm10 nightly doesn't have this error. How can I fix it?

should be posted in correct thread of the ROM. But could as simple as a bad flash, check the md5 and do a clean install.

Reactions: lee718

travisd4est

Jul 23, 2010
Minneapolis
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350969945283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350969945283.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 526

outkast22

Nov 12, 2007
ok, I need more help please. I am trying to install cam from the above posted link. When I click install recovery from my current touch recovery, I get an error message. "cannot open /External_SD/recovery – clockwork touch.zip bad
Installation aborted....

How do install the correct cwm so I can flash cm10? thanks!

hillg001

Aug 14, 2010
should be posted in correct thread of the ROM. But could as simple as a bad flash, check the md5 and do a clean install.
See - the thing is (if you read up on the issue) the problem happens on ANY phone - running ANY rom - and VARIOUS radios ... so doing the thread nazzi thing really doesn't help, as the issue is prevelant across the board. If that's not bad enough, god forbid you start a new thread because again ... the thread nazzis jump out of the woodwork and (seemingly gleefully) post all the different posts where it's already been discussed. Well yea, that's because there is no magic silver bullet. I've got the issue, and I'm not going to bother saying what rom or radio or kernel I'm using, or how many cashes I've wiped or permissions I've fixed, because I've already run thru all those gymnastics. So you see, it cam be just as frustrating having to keep reading about the problem again & again, as it is trying to walk on egg shells to find a cure, in the exact right thread, in the exact right forum. In the mean time, the only thing I've found that guarentees the issue doesn't happen to me is to go all the way back to the Sarum rom. How pathetic is that. But thanks for the help anyway ... presuming some day there comes a "one cure - cures all".

Last edited:

pokey2000

Sep 10, 2013
com.android.phone has stopped

I had the exact same problem with a reoccurring message that would flash on and off every second or so. I did both a data restart then a reboot of the android software by pushing the down volume button then holding the power button. When the LG logo appeared I released both buttons and followed the instructions for an android factory reboot. Apparently it is the SIM card. The android com.android.phone communicates with the SIM card and allows calls and texts to be sent and received using the android software. My SIM card got damaged somehow and could not receive the call from the android app com.android.phone. I had to buy a new SIM card for ten dollars and had my stored files on the SIM moved to the new one and no more problems. Telus and Bell move the files to the new SIM for free i'm sure other major service providers offer the same free service.

Lifelover55

Feb 10, 2014
process com.android.phone has stopped on my at&t galaxy s4 1337

I keep getting the process com.android.phone has stopped on my at&t galaxy s4 1337. I tried everything that I know of. one thing I noticed tho is after every wipe and reset I never see the factory dialer on the phone. Can anyone help me with this???

nimbly bimbly meow

Apr 27, 2014
I keep getting the process com.android.phone has stopped on my at&t galaxy s4 1337. I tried everything that I know of. one thing I noticed tho is after every wipe and reset I never see the factory dialer on the phone. Can anyone help me with this???

It may be too late, but.. I just had the same problem while installing some kitkat apps and spent hours trying everything to fix it. What ended up fixing it was: Settings>Application Manager> Menu > Reset app preference>Reboot.

Hope this helps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry, Im learning. Could you link me? I searched cm10 but I dont see a thread for the rom.

Go to settings/more settings/mobile networks I think and there should be a sim option and something else make sure your not on sim. At leased thats what happend to me. And the correct thread fir this is in Q&A

Questions go in Q&A
    Thread moved!