External vs Internal sdcard

Search This thread

j111

Sep 17, 2013
I've read in a couple places people talking about putting your ROM image onto external or internal sdcard. What is the internal sdcard? Is this just the phone's standard internal file system or is it something separate? Where is it if I look in a file manager?

Related question: if I use internal storage to upload a ROM image I want to flash, where's the best place to put it? Right in / (root)? Or somewhere better?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I've read in a couple places people talking about putting your ROM image onto external or internal sdcard. What is the internal sdcard? Is this just the phone's standard internal file system or is it something separate? Where is it if I look in a file manager?

Related question: if I use internal storage to upload a ROM image I want to flash, where's the best place to put it? Right in / (root)? Or somewhere better?

Internal storage is a 9GB partition on your phone's 16GB internal memory. It acts as if it was any other SD card.

It works fine in conjunction with an external SD card. You will see SD0 and SD1 in any file explorer app. SD0 is the internal. SD1 is the external.

It doesn't matter if you put the ROM you want to flash on the internal or external. Recovery can see it in either place. And the directly doesn't matter. Jus tput it in a directyory you can remember when you're looking for it in recovery. I think most peopl ejus tuse the defaul DOWNLOADS directory.

Reactions: j111

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
I usually put the ROMs I'm going to flash in internal storage, but I erase them a lot.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393013726811.jpg
    1393013726811.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 39

j111

Sep 17, 2013
Thanks for the replies!

When using the different wipe options in recovery, does the 9GB internal partition (sd0) get wiped by any of the typical wipe choices?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Internal storage is a 9GB partition on your phone's 16GB internal memory. It acts as if it was any other SD card.

It works fine in conjunction with an external SD card. You will see SD0 and SD1 in any file explorer app. SD0 is the internal. SD1 is the external.

It doesn't matter if you put the ROM you want to flash on the internal or external. Recovery can see it in either place. And the directly doesn't matter. Jus tput it in a directyory you can remember when you're looking for it in recovery. I think most peopl ejus tuse the defaul DOWNLOADS directory.
    Wiping data does.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app