[Q] Flashing Custom ROM S-OFF?

Search This thread

Oli Horwood

May 29, 2014
Do you HAVE to have S-OFF to be able to flash custom ROMs?

I have successfully unlocked my bootloader by using the HTCDEV method and running TWRP recovery and have root access.

Although I have all this, do I still have to have S-OFF for this to work. My screen in recovery mode says "TAMPERED" "UNLOCKED" and "S-ON" at the top, will this be okay to flash CM11?

Thanks Guys

oli

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
no, s-off is only needed to flash radios and to sim unlock and such like, no problem flashing custom recoveries and roms whilst s-on

Oli Horwood

May 29, 2014
no, s-off is only needed to flash radios and to sim unlock and such like, no problem flashing custom recoveries and roms whilst s-on

Thanks mate. I'm all up and running with this now. Just have one problem, I flashed Gapps, and it won't let me access the play store and keeps popping up with error messages saying it can't connect to the google servers, won't let me use search or anything...

Oli

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
Thanks mate. I'm all up and running with this now. Just have one problem, I flashed Gapps, and it won't let me access the play store and keeps popping up with error messages saying it can't connect to the google servers, won't let me use search or anything...

Oli

Sorry, no clue, except i do know the play store and such have a problem if the date/time is wrong, other than that, i cant help.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Clear the data and cache for play store and services then reboot.