[GAME] Last Bird Standing

Search This thread

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
XDA Article by EGZTHUNDER1 - "Be the Last Man Standing in Last Bird Standing"

[Watch the Demo]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBtTpckkIq8

Hello,

I finally made my first game app. This game is similar to the Atari game Joust which is one of my favorite games during the old times. This time I made the game cartoonish with various types of enemy birds.

The gameplay is that you have to bump the top of enemy birds to kill them. Those enemy birds will be popping up from either the 4 nests in the scene. Controls are basically tap the left screen or right screen to fly the main bird left and right.

Please have a check, rate and review the app. Thanks!

[Free on Google Play]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mtm.LastBirdStanding

[Free on the AppStore]
https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/last-bird-standing/id896408127?mt=8

STORYLINE:
The birds are going wild in your barn. Luckily you have "Bumpy the Bird" to prevent the swarm. Control "Bumpy the Bird" by flying and bumping the top of these wild birds to crush them. Protect "Bumpy the Bird" from being bumped on top as well.

Discover 10 different types of wild birds hatching out from the nests. Bump all those birds away and be... The Last Bird Standing.

TITLES:
Last Bird Standing
Le Dernier Piaf (French)
金翅最後鳥 (Traditional Chinese)
라스트 버드 스탠드 (Korean)

*** via Google Translate below
金翅最后鸟 (Simplified Chinese)
Letzte Vogel Standing (German)
Ultimo Uccello Standing (Italian)
のみ最終バード立ち (Japanese)
Última Pássaro Standing (Portugese)
Последний Птица Постоянный (Russian)
Última Bird Permanente (Spanish)

Last edited:

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
Here is the screenshot of the title scene.

qJ6UA4d.png

Thanks to ditex945 for creating this awesome poster/banner for free. Awesome artist.

Royal rumble style of Last Bird Standing.

VNmsU99.jpg

Thanks again to ditex945 for creating this colorful and fun icon for free.

L7vK20B.png

Last edited:

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
Here are some of the screenshots.

GAMEPLAY FEATURES:
* WARNING: This game is not the same as Flappy Bird or any type of Flappy Bird games
* Free arcade game
* Gameplay similar to the Atari arcade game Joust
* Tap the left or right screen to fly Bumpy left and right
* Practice screen available to familiarize with controls
* Cute and cuddly enemy birds will pop up from either of the 4 nests
* Protect your territory by killing the enemy birds
* Bump the top of enemy birds to kill them and earn points
* Avoid Bumpy from being bumped on top by the enemy birds
* Different enemy birds with different skills or powers
* Bonus rounds by collecting eggs and earn points
* Bumpy the Bird starts with 3 lives and increases depending on points earned

Last edited:

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
Updated version 1.412
- Added Leaderboards

Comments, suggestions and criticisms on the game, design, etc. are always welcome.

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
The birds are going berzerk in your barn. Luckily you have Bumpy the Bird to prevent the swarm. Control Bumpy by flying and bumping the top of enemy birds. Protect Bumpy from being bumped on top as well.

Discover 10 different types of enemy birds hatching out from the nests. Bump all those birds away and be... The Last Bird Standing.

Last edited:
Reactions: geekynoob

fogame

Hello,

I finally made my first game app. This game is similar to the Atari game Joust which is one of my favorite games during the old times. This time I made the game cartoonish with various types of enemy birds.

The gameplay is that you have to bump the top of enemy birds to kill them. Those enemy birds will be popping up from either the 4 nests in the scene. Controls are basically tap the left screen or right screen to fly the main bird left and right.

Please have a check, rate and review the app. I will also check your app in return as well. I cannot add URL yet (less than 10posts).

Please search in google play "Last Bird Standing" (or add https below).

Good game! Its pretty legit. Only thing I suggest is that the controls be a little bit tighter. When I pressed to go left it would go right. Other then that good game. Props for making it to the portal page as well.

kml.krk

May 11, 2008
New York
Haven't played yet but congrats anyway. It is very hard to write applications, writing games is ridiculously hard!

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
Thanks for the review guys!

The flappy bird description, yeah not sure if its a good or bad thing to put it in my description. Anyway, I did put that my game resembles Joust.

Let me look at that control thing. Thats a good catch.

genecis

Oct 13, 2013
Mumbai
Hey
Great game! No bugs until now and controls are good too.
But the leaderboard isn't very reliable. I made a score of over 6000 and when the game ended my score didn't show up there.
Oh and you should consider increasing the difficulty level. It gets way too easy after sometime (I ended up with 9 lives and score of over 6000 and had to end the game because it was frustratingly easy).
But seeing this is your first game, you have indeed done a great job. Way to go buddy :)

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
Thanks for the review guys!

Yeah, nuggeta leaderboard is unreliable. I'm definitely gonna work out this googleplay integration.

6000 points? Yeah that's high. My approach was the opposite of flappy bird. If flappy bird gives you blood just to get those hard to reach scores, my app should be easy not to frustrate people. But if you guys think it's way too easy, then I'd better add more birds to destroy Bumpy the Bird especially if everybody gets 6000 points easily.

Apr 1, 2014
Awesome game! This is pretty fun :)

Just a few things that I think could make it better:
The main thing is a more satisfying pop when you land on a bird (think angry birds pigs), as well as a bit of a higher bounce to also make that feel nicer.

Also weird is that there was some black space above my nav bar, and the game did not take up the space of the status bar (which was hidden).

Finally you could do separate levels, saving your progress as you move across to some end goal (think candy crush or cut the rope) and you could also see your Facebook friends locations on the level screen to make it competitive.

Oh and one more thing that would be great in a perfect world but maybe not anytime soon:. Network multiplayer player versus player. This game just seems to work perfectly with that. I'd love to have epic battles with my bird against some friends (and destroy them of course). If this ever did happen it would probably be good to include different colors so you can tell your birds apart.
That could also work for the game as it is now. You could do it where you make it so you get x amount of money (eggs?) which you can spend on stuff to pimp out your bird.

Of course that is all suggestions, do as you wish :)
Thanks for the great game, will definitely end up killing far too much time on this. :highfive:

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
spot on mate! im already thinking of that multiplayer thing with max of 4 birds at a time since there are 4 nests. fight to the death and a different leaderboard for multiplayer games. it will be queing of players before they can spawn to the main game.

but i’ll do that if this becomes a hit (depends on downloads).

i did not do fullscreen because of the ads on the other screen. i made it consistent. although no ads on the main game screen just want ti make sure the ads doesnt affect the performance of the game.

appreciate the review!

ogiepogi@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014
Good game! Its pretty legit. Only thing I suggest is that the controls be a little bit tighter. When I pressed to go left it would go right. Other then that good game. Props for making it to the portal page as well.

I didn't understand what that portal page was. Just saw it today. I was always going to Apps-Games forum mostly.

Thanks to EGZTHUNDER1 for that well-written article.

XDA Article by EGZTHUNDER1 - Be the Last Man Standing in Last Bird Standing

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA Article by EGZTHUNDER1 - "Be the Last Man Standing in Last Bird Standing"

[Watch the Demo]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBtTpckkIq8

Hello,

Please have a check, rate and review the app. Thanks!

[Free on Google Play]

[Free on the AppStore]
    https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/last-bird-standing/id896408127?mt=8

STORYLINE:
    The birds are going wild in your barn. Luckily you have "Bumpy the Bird" to prevent the swarm. Control "Bumpy the Bird" by flying and bumping the top of these wild birds to crush them. Protect "Bumpy the Bird" from being bumped on top as well.

Discover 10 different types of wild birds hatching out from the nests. Bump all those birds away and be... The Last Bird Standing.

TITLES:
    Last Bird Standing
    Le Dernier Piaf (French)
    金翅最後鳥 (Traditional Chinese)
    라스트 버드 스탠드 (Korean)

*** via Google Translate below
    金翅最后鸟 (Simplified Chinese)
    Letzte Vogel Standing (German)
    Ultimo Uccello Standing (Italian)
    のみ最終バード立ち (Japanese)
    Última Pássaro Standing (Portugese)
    Последний Птица Постоянный (Russian)
    Última Bird Permanente (Spanish)
    The birds are going berzerk in your barn. Luckily you have Bumpy the Bird to prevent the swarm. Control Bumpy by flying and bumping the top of enemy birds. Protect Bumpy from being bumped on top as well.

Discover 10 different types of enemy birds hatching out from the nests. Bump all those birds away and be... The Last Bird Standing.
    New feature
    -added 3 lives
    -added Heart feature to increase lives.
    I think my daughter found a minor bug but it's hard to get the game away to replicate, I'm going for the high score so I'm not trying on my game.
    If "angry tweety" is hit once and turns red the level can end and go to the bonus round with it still there.

Thanks for this info. Which one is angry tweety? Is it the purple bird?

Let me see if I can replicate the bug.
    Version 1.461 was released
    - Added new bonus round: Crack the Big Egg