[Q] Am I SOL? Maybe bricked my phone?

Search This thread

mangomango

Jan 18, 2010
Texas
Okay, so here's the story.

I was using clockworkmod to flash a new ROM on my E4GT; I accidentally flashed a file which I thought was a 'safe' recovery so I could go back to ICS from JB. Well it was not a safe recovery as I thought. Before doing this, I did a format all as usual, so I now have no ROM on the phone. When the phone rebooted, it came up to the Android System Recovery <3e> menu. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me since I could just put it in download mode and fix this via Odin, however, my USB port on the phone does not work. I charge the phone using an external battery charger.

Is there anything I can flash on the stock recovery via the external SD that will rectify my issue, without USB?

I will continue to Google this problem, but I would appreciate any additional help.+

So far, it's looking like my only option is to JTAG this huh? Hoping there is something out there I can flash from stock recovery, I mean it's not like I tried to flash an international ROM or anything....hmm

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I had success flashing this in stock recovery once-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2059714

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: mangomango

bilgerryan

I tried downloading and flashing the CWM Flashable FL16 Pure Stock ROM (Odexed) to no avail. It sat for a minute like it was going to do something, then came back with the signature verification failed message and rebooted. This is the ,zip you were referring to, correct?

No, GB27, and like I said it worked once. It really depends on what recovery you flashed. You need to flash the matching ROM.

mangomango

Jan 18, 2010
Texas
No, GB27, and like I said it worked once. It really depends on what recovery you flashed. You need to flash the matching ROM.

I see what you mean. Unfortunately, same thing there. Hung for a bit then signature verification failed. I'll see what else I can find, but I appreciate your help thus far.

My recovery show the following:

----------------------------

Android System Recovery <3e>

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

#manual mode#
--Applying multi-CSC-...
Applie the CSC-code : unknown
Sucessfully applied CSC

--------------------------

This is before I even attempt to flash anything. Anyways. I'll keep looking, but thanks again!

bilgerryan

I see what you mean. Unfortunately, same thing there. Hung for a bit then signature verification failed. I'll see what else I can find, but I appreciate your help thus far.

Android System Recovery

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

#manual mode#
--Applying multi-CSC-...
Sucessfully applied CSC

This is before I even attempt to flash anything. Anyways. I'll keep looking, but thanks again!

Do you know what recovery file you flashed? That would help more, every stock recovery says all that stuff.

mangomango

Jan 18, 2010
Texas
Do you know what recovery file you flashed? That would help more, every stock recovery says all that stuff.

I get exactly what you're saying now. For some reason I flashed GB08_STOCK_NOCWM.zip or something along those lines. Now I am searching for a GB08 zip file and I think I should be good. Everything I can find is in exe format though...

It all makes sense now though. I'm used to HTC phones where I can just use whatever recovery to flash a ROM and not have to worry about different modems/kernels etc. I am crossing my fingers that this works. You've been a tremendous help today.

bilgerryan

I get exactly what you're saying now. For some reason I flashed GB08_STOCK_NOCWM.zip or something along those lines. Now I am searching for a GB08 zip file and I think I should be good. Everything I can find is in exe format though...

It all makes sense now though. I'm used to HTC phones where I can just use whatever recovery to flash a ROM and not have to worry about different modems/kernels etc. I am crossing my fingers that this works. You've been a tremendous help today.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38271954

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had success flashing this in stock recovery once-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2059714

I tried downloading and flashing the CWM Flashable FL16 Pure Stock ROM (Odexed) to no avail. It sat for a minute like it was going to do something, then came back with the signature verification failed message and rebooted. This is the ,zip you were referring to, correct?

Android System Recovery

reboot system now
    apply update from ADB
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    apply update from cache

#manual mode#
    --Applying multi-CSC-...
    Sucessfully applied CSC