QC Diag drivers for Moto X where they at?

Search This thread

thundercles

Feb 20, 2011
Tempe, Arizona
I've installed all kinds of motorola drivers including the one that the device manager from motorola website, still I cannot read the qc diag serial port. Does anyone have these drivers?! I'm working on sim unlocking the sprint moto x and I gotta be able to get into the modem and see what I'm dealing with. Get me usb serial access to issue QC commands and hopefully I'll be able to post instructions for simunlock and cricket/metropcs flash (that opens up pretty much every carrier except verizon for the sprint model). I wont know until I can qxdm to it, I wish I had a radiocomm version that supported the msm8960 but the version I have goes up through the 6x00 not even close. I still think I can get done what I need to do with qxdm.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
I've installed all kinds of motorola drivers including the one that the device manager from motorola website, still I cannot read the qc diag serial port. Does anyone have these drivers?! I'm working on sim unlocking the sprint moto x and I gotta be able to get into the modem and see what I'm dealing with. Get me usb serial access to issue QC commands and hopefully I'll be able to post instructions for simunlock and cricket/metropcs flash (that opens up pretty much every carrier except verizon for the sprint model). I wont know until I can qxdm to it, I wish I had a radiocomm version that supported the msm8960 but the version I have goes up through the 6x00 not even close. I still think I can get done what I need to do with qxdm.

Thanks in advance.

looks like you're booted into bp tools for those interfaces to be dectected, correct? i'm not sure whether or not the moto device manager has drivers for these interfaces as i always use the standalone drivers. here's a link to the latest available as of this posting:
http://batakang.com/ftp/?dir=devs/mhous33/drivers
whichever driver installer you use, the drivers have to be installed manually. iirc motorola qc diag interface is the only one you need to communicate with qpst/qxdm.
in device manager, right click on motorola qc diag interface > update driver software > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > ports (com & lpt).
under manufacturer, select motorola.
under model, select motorola qc diag port.
click next, driver should be installed successfully.
looks like you're using windows 8, so you may have to temporarily disable driver signing for it to install.

hope this helps.

Reactions: thundercles

thundercles

Feb 20, 2011
Tempe, Arizona
looks like you're booted into bp tools for those interfaces to be dectected, correct? i'm not sure whether or not the moto device manager has drivers for these interfaces as i always use the standalone drivers. here's a link to the latest available as of this posting:
whichever driver installer you use, the drivers have to be installed manually. iirc motorola qc diag interface is the only one you need to communicate with qpst/qxdm.
in device manager, right click on motorola qc diag interface > update driver software > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > ports (com & lpt).
looks like you're using windows 8, so you may have to temporarily disable driver signing for it to install.

hope this helps.

Lmao I posted this same rant on facebook and a phone flashing friend did these things with team viewer and went ahead and helped me retrieve my MSL code as well. It is all coming down to the UICC unlock, this is what is holding back our ability to sim unlock the sprint version of this phone (because without the UICC unlock it wont read any other Sim cards anyways) I'm working on that right now but I have a headache so it will be later.

abdulhameed

Aug 7, 2011
MSL code

Lmao I posted this same rant on facebook and a phone flashing friend did these things with team viewer and went ahead and helped me retrieve my MSL code as well. It is all coming down to the UICC unlock, this is what is holding back our ability to sim unlock the sprint version of this phone (because without the UICC unlock it wont read any other Sim cards anyways) I'm working on that right now but I have a headache so it will be later.

Does this mean getting the MSL code is useless in unlocking the device for GSM use?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

hope this helps.