Anyone how to root the mesmerize with gingerbread?

Search This thread

thegipper

Jan 21, 2010
Just like the title says. I can't figure out how to root my Samsung Mesmerize now that I upgraded to gingerbread.

I used to use superoneclickroot when it was on eclair and froyo and it worked fine. It not longer works now that I have gingerbread.

Anyone know how to get it rooted?

Thanks in advance !

eggsack

Jul 6, 2011
A friend of mine just got one of these. Why are there no instructions on how to root these phones?

Slo how does a person root this phone? It has Gingerbread, was purchased 3 days ago.

Thanks

Eris _2.1_2010

May 13, 2010
South Bend, IN
I got my Mesmerize yesterday with GB on it. All I did was grabbed the latest MIUI from miui.us and placed it on the sd. Then I flashed cwm in odin, booted to recovery and flashed the miui zip.

Sent from my MIUI'd Mesmerize

ShankStick

Oct 28, 2011
Alright so I am seeing too many things without referenced links to anything. I have odin. I downloaded the flashable_root_package. I have no idea what cwm is.

Can someone please point me to a step by step tutorial? I have been lurking the web for a few days now, with no definitive guide or answers for the Samsung Mesmerize. Thanks in advance for the clarification and help!

ninjo99

Jan 2, 2011
There are tutorials on rootzwiki in the mesmerize forum. That's also where all the devs are now due to issues here at xda.
Sent from my cyanogened mesmerize

Eris _2.1_2010

May 13, 2010
South Bend, IN
I went to rootz wiki and grabbed the cwm odin file, odin'd that over stock with reboot unchecked and held volume up + volume down + power button. Got into cwm and flashed MIUI and all is working great.

Sent from my MIUI'd Mesmerize

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually I did this and it worked. Flash cwm with Odin then flash this in recovery. Rooted it just fine for me.

http://db.tt/QtScf9AW

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

I can't remember who discovered that. But it wasn't me. But it does work.
    ^
    Yes, the one at rootzwiki works fine.

rootzwiki.com/topic/10451-rooting-mesmerize-234-or-235