[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - toro - build 35

Search This thread

cbo02

Jul 9, 2008
Does anyone know why the available ram is so low using this rom (140ish). I just switched from BAMF its around (380ish )..
Any thoughts.. thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Build 32 seems to be really good. Highly recommended build.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sway40

Medic97

Jul 9, 2010
just flashed 32 no issues so far. Great work guys!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Is there anyway to change the menu icon back to 3 dots. trying to use tablet mod and the new icon is messing everything up.

mrgoochio

Jun 17, 2011
quick noob question.. how do i get all my downloaded apps to automatically re download? when i got my phone a few days ago it automatically downloaded all the apps i had from my old phone but flashing to aokp didn't automatically do that for me. is there a way to do this?

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

eh.. clicked reset nav bar in the setting and it completely removed my nav bar and theres no way to get it back.. even rebooting didn't help. it just says system UI error every few seconds on the screen. do i have to reflash the rom to fix?

edit: got my apps to resync after i reflashed the 2nd time. first time didn't prompt me to sync for some reason.

reflashing obviously fixed my nav bar issue.. will not click the reset button this time :p

Last edited:

magozz

May 24, 2009
New York
quick noob question.. how do i get all my downloaded apps to automatically re download? when i got my phone a few days ago it automatically downloaded all the apps i had from my old phone but flashing to aokp didn't automatically do that for me. is there a way to do this?

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

eh.. clicked reset nav bar in the setting and it completely removed my nav bar and theres no way to get it back.. even rebooting didn't help. it just says system UI error every few seconds on the screen. do i have to reflash the rom to fix?

edit: got my apps to resync after i reflashed the 2nd time. first time didn't prompt me to sync for some reason.

reflashing obviously fixed my nav bar issue.. will not click the reset button this time :p

For the syncing issue you have to wait for your're 4G to start up before clicking anything, at least that has been my experiences when my apps didn't auto download.

rmagruder

Aug 5, 2009
Question -- it's been addressed to a certain extent in other threads I've researched but I've never really gotten what I'd call a 'good' answer.

I'm on Build 29 and it looks like it's time to update. But the most painful aspect is the backing up and restoring of my data/apps, etc.

I did a FULL Titanium backup when I went from stock to AOKP, but even when I just said "apps and data" and didn't specify system data, it hoarked the ROM. I had to reboot, reset, download all the titanium backup stuff from my PC and then selectively restore Apps and Data one at a time...so any update with a wipe has been VERY time consuming.

So, if there's anyone doing GNex wipes and updates, what is your preferred technique for minimizing the amount of time required to restore your phone apps & Data, without inadvertently overwriting system settings from a backup that should not be applied to the new ROM?

Also, this is unclear to me STILL, coming from an N1 where all backups were on the SD Card...do I need to backup, copy all those backups and everything (photos etc) to a PC, then copy back after the wipe? Or will the factory reset/wipe leave things like 'sdcard' data (that's not really on the SD since there isn't one) alone?

Thanks in advance for any tips to make this process less painful.

Randy

nexus9988

Aug 5, 2010
Freeport
Hey just about to download b32 and just curious how good the battery life can get i know a few other roms get ~8 but also apex got like ~2days... just wanted to know where this rom stands.

upther

Aug 26, 2010
Question -- it's been addressed to a certain extent in other threads I've researched but I've never really gotten what I'd call a 'good' answer.

I'm on Build 29 and it looks like it's time to update. But the most painful aspect is the backing up and restoring of my data/apps, etc.

I did a FULL Titanium backup when I went from stock to AOKP, but even when I just said "apps and data" and didn't specify system data, it hoarked the ROM. I had to reboot, reset, download all the titanium backup stuff from my PC and then selectively restore Apps and Data one at a time...so any update with a wipe has been VERY time consuming.

So, if there's anyone doing GNex wipes and updates, what is your preferred technique for minimizing the amount of time required to restore your phone apps & Data, without inadvertently overwriting system settings from a backup that should not be applied to the new ROM?

Also, this is unclear to me STILL, coming from an N1 where all backups were on the SD Card...do I need to backup, copy all those backups and everything (photos etc) to a PC, then copy back after the wipe? Or will the factory reset/wipe leave things like 'sdcard' data (that's not really on the SD since there isn't one) alone?

Thanks in advance for any tips to make this process less painful.

Randy

I did a clean wipe when going from B28 to B29. I just restored apps and then went into Titanium and restored data just for the apps I was concerned with, Handcent, some games, Juice Defender, etc.

I did a wipe when going from B29 to B30 but it really messed up my phone so ever since then I've just backed up and flashed over top of the current ROM. Everything has been working flawlessly for me since then.

Pinch to zoom in the camera app is pretty sweet.

bowsersoulstar

May 2, 2011
Has anyone flashed B32 using TWRP?

Tried doing a complete wipe, then flash using TWRP but keeps getting stuck at Google logo and won't boot.

Only time I was able to flash and boot correctly was by NOT wiping system but that's not really a full wipe to my understanding.

Geezer Squid

Mar 1, 2010
Has anyone flashed B32 using TWRP?

Tried doing a complete wipe, then flash using TWRP but keeps getting stuck at Google logo and won't boot.

Only time I was able to flash and boot correctly was by NOT wiping system but that's not really a full wipe to my understanding.

I flashed with TWRP and all is well. Not issues at all. I did a wipe of data only and was coming from LiquidSmooth 1.25.

Good luck

raphenucleus

Aug 1, 2010
Dallas, TX

The /sdcard folder on the galaxy nexus essentially works like that on any other phone, so Factory Reset/Wipe Data doesn't wipe anything on there.

JediMasterASD

Mar 31, 2008
Been running this rom since B29 and I'm on B31 now doing a wipe every upgrade but I've had 1 consistant problem. My widgets don't seem to update. like Doggcatcher, Google Play Music, Bible app etc. Pretty much any widget that udpates doesn't seem to update properly. in music if i skip tracks it will continue to say the old track is playing and the play/pause button doesnt change to reflect the current state. Anyone have this problem or know of a fix?

Last edited:

drew_grant

Aug 2, 2010
St. Louis
I really miss DSP Manager. Blows away the EQ in the stock music app. Anyone have any success in getting it to work on this rom? Is it kernel related?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    why doesnt the OP update the god damn links. both download links go to 404's and have for a while. SHAPE THE F UP!
    Wow you're an ahole

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    why doesnt the OP update the god damn links. both download links go to 404's and have for a while. SHAPE THE F UP!

Why haven't you learned by now that the aokp site is http://aokp.co? SHAPE THE F UP!
    For those of you using Nova Launcher, the latest update lets you put the app drawer in the nav bar now.

ROM Control>Navigation Bar>select a button>custom app>choose Nova Launcher>app drawer
    All I know about wiping is that ladies should always wipe front to back. I personally don't care how many times you wipe, so long as it gets the job done we're good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA