Google Camera use on GS5

Search This thread

Icecubed17

Jan 3, 2010
Does the Google Camera app not lag like crazy for any of you? I tried it and it takes like 5-10 seconds before it would take a photo.

I'm trying to find a camera app that can take good photos with the S5 in low light. Holding the camera for 40 seconds with the stabilization mode on makes me look like an idiot .

I was hoping the Google Camera would fix this.

ryshah

Dec 3, 2006
Mumbai
Does the Google Camera app not lag like crazy for any of you? I tried it and it takes like 5-10 seconds before it would take a photo.

I'm trying to find a camera app that can take good photos with the S5 in low light. Holding the camera for 40 seconds with the stabilization mode on makes me look like an idiot .

I was hoping the Google Camera would fix this.

It doesn't lag. Definitely not 5-10 seconds.

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
Biggest negative for the Google camera for me was that it stopped the launch from lockscreen functionality of the Samsung camera from working - and I love that feature!

Liked the photosphere though - much better than Samsung's virtual tour.

Gassity

Jun 4, 2012
Vladikavkaz, RNO-Alania
As an experienced (mobile)photographer I'm trying a lot of camera apps to find the best one for my experience. Speaking about the Google Camera compared to the Samsung's one, I chose the second. Picture quality is slightly better, Google cam has different postprocessing, which has more digital noise. All though I found that panaromas come out with better overall exposure level, less distortions and gaps. On the other hand the focus is not as quick as SGSV Cam's, and overall stability is laggy as hell. Sammy cam is much more quick, speaking about autofocus, has more modes, gimmicks.
Let the battle begin)

Last edited:

hetalmp

Sep 11, 2008
Does sphere work with the Google camera?
Thanks

Unfortunately I don't think the Google camera now gives me anything extra I need. With the default camera on s5 go to modes and download the additional mode for surround shot. It does the picture like photosphere. Perhaps higher quality then the one I used in the past

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app

Reactions: emuX

nvision

Nov 3, 2010
Christchurch
I found the camera lags like crazy whichever one I use, a bit frustrating when trying to snap the toddlers :what:

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app

slight22

Aug 24, 2009
i too find the camera extremely laggy. I hit the button and then counted about 3.5 seconds before it took a photo.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts