Ice Cream Sandwich For Milestone

Search This thread

adome5

Oct 22, 2011
someone can upload more than 1 picture please or better- video ?
thank you very much
and the cm9 download link its now aborted,someone can give another link please and update us what works and what not please?

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Tryed to play some games...

Where´s my whater (doesnt work)
Angry Birds (Works nice, like cm7)
Fruit Ninja (Works)
Gun´s Glory (Works nice)

And some APPS
Sygic GPS (a bit slow)
Maps (a bit slow)

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

you tryed to press "X" and volumeUP + CAMERA BUTTON?

Now the phone booted. ICS is really nice, but I still can't access Recovery.
It just shows a yellow triangle and it doesn't load.

EDIT

Finally! After the triangle I pressed Volume Up + Camera and it worked. Thank god! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

n3n00

Dec 7, 2010
Split
someone can upload more than 1 picture please or better- video ?
thank you very much
and the cm9 download link its now aborted,someone can give another link please and update us what works and what not please?

Just stick with CM7 for now, please.
There is plenty of ICS videos on Youtube, this one is the same but little/lot slower.

On fresh install only thing that wasn't working for me was camera. I didn't install anything, just a little of web browsing and music.

Browser and Music couldn't work together (Music FC'ed after a while).

Since this is like...Alpha build...don't try it, you will be back on CM7 soon. There is still a lot of work with memory optimizing.

Volume Up + Camera when triangle shows up.

jonatasmz

Jan 27, 2010
Does anyone have the compatible Google Apps for this rom?

http://www.multiupload.com/V2IFZQ8X90

functional gapps, install without fear. (Credits to Quarx)

i recommend delete Google Talk in system. Change default launcher is good too, at least for now. Market works, gmail, downloads, browser, wifi, 3g. Milestone you are good. Thanks nadlabak.

the long wait at the boot can be mitigated by deleting the bootanimation? thx

here it´s xD

Reactions: Shoib

douglasroos

Mar 1, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

EDIT

Finally! After the triangle I pressed Volume Up + Camera and it worked. Thank god! Thanks for the help!

I've installed this rom but doesn't boot, it shows the bootanimation and hangs there, i've waited for 10 minutes and nothing. Can you give me a hand?

Shoib

Sep 4, 2010
Even though it's alpha, I find it a lot better than CM7 on the Milestone besides the flaws. I'm not able to over clock the phone, whether through third party apps or open Recovery and I'm missing a lot of the CM settings/customizations.

LuigiC6

Dec 7, 2010
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6
Even though it's alpha, I find it a lot better than CM7 on the Milestone besides the flaws. I'm not able to over clock the phone, whether through third party apps or open Recovery and I'm missing a lot of the CM settings/customizations.

So it lacks most of the features that make CM7 on the Milestone so great and functional, yet its better? :confused:

n3n00

Dec 7, 2010
Split
So it lacks most of the features that make CM7 on the Milestone so great and functional, yet its better? :confused:

Visually it is, it just needs to become real CM and we'll see what happens ;). So no overclock? Is this on 550MHz or 1GHz? If it's on stock MM speed, on 1GHz it will be much faster (y) :D.

alicheusz

Jul 1, 2010

Shoib gets little over excitet. After one day usage of this prealpa build I noticed

- camera it's not working obviously
- no HW video (woks on 1GHz, is choppy on 550MHz)
- multilanguage but has only English French German Italian Spanish dictonaries
- bunch google apps problems (google account sync/login problems) on Defy forum is noted that google apps don't work with CM7 account I do full wipe and have:
- maps (failed to login)
- calendar don't sync (can't login with account/want me to setup another account)
- YouTube (failed to login)
these two can be work out with gapps below
- compass it's not working in gmaps, works in other programs
- gmaps, browser are killed form time to time (looks like out of memory problem)

never google apps 04-01-2012
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21028107&postcount=551

works
- wifi (don't start automatically after sleep, to prevent this is always on by default)
- 3G
- sound
- phone
- sms
- light sensor
- proximity sensor
- multitouch
- GPS
- screen rotation
- deep sleep

I further tweak phone and get it quite usable, something like miui (with settings below maximum free memory I have observed thru Android System Info was 78MB) I might be wrong with this one but I think that GPU acceleration is disabled to preserve memory. Animation are smooth just like in CM7. Also it's imposible to move apps to SD at this time.

- jit off
- 28MB heap
- replaced stock launcher with ADW EX (with cache settings disabled - lighter than stock)
- turn off sysctl.conf tweak
- repair permission on 10overclock (this enable overclock but not quite, after permissions repair is possible to use setcpu to overclock)
- deleting DSPmanager form system apps (otherwise it sits in memory no matter what)
- uncheck Location & Google search form Location services (looks like it make maps services more killable)
- delete bootanimation - boot much faster

Last edited:

brotkastn

Jul 30, 2010
Yay :)

Nice to see ICS already beeing so usable. I mean, add camera support and app2sd and i would already use that as my primary rom :)

Seeing that, i am certain the Milestone will have a usable ICS rom. Thanks for those working on it!

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
GPS is working on this??? Whoever fixed it please contact kfazz who is working on the Droid 1 build please, this is something that doesn't work on our port and the D1 and milestone are basically the same device so it should help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, yes, I'll try to get ICS (CM9) to boot on Milestone.
    Please don't ask for ETA, it'll certainly take some time.
    Also, be prepared that ICS might not be very usable on Milestone in the end in spite of all the best efforts, due to its hw limits.
    CM9. But CM9 is still almost stock AOSP, so there's not much difference.
    I wonder why Kabaldan hasn't released his work yet? It already is a good piece of software.. ^^

I can live without a camera in my phone.. :p

Apart from what mcdevtingz mentioned... ;)
    ... call me perfectionist, but there always appears something that I'd like to try to fix first, before uploading the build.
    Like the SIM PIN unlock issue, fixed just now :)
    https://github.com/nadlabak/android_hardware_ril/commit/995c53e9d6b9b114b8f1142ac7f54f04d4421e0e
    Hero has actually 288MB RAM. And it's not hdpi like Milestone (it's only 320x480).

But it doesn't matter anyway - the whole point of ICS is in the hw accelerated UI.

Who cares about some ICS port without hardware acceleration of graphics?
    I pity the users of such thing...

Btw., my Milestone is working very fine. It does all what I expected from it (and more) very well ;) .

I'm still waiting for the ultimate qwerty device that will be worth the upgrade from Milestone to appear on market.
    And I'll continue to try to make my Milestone experience as good possible while waiting... :D.
    Unfortunately, ICS expects new hw drivers at least for GPU, audio, camera and touchscreen.
    GPU libs have been always closed source, this is the issue number one. No one is interested in ICS without hw acceleration of graphic...
    Our closed source libaudio (used also by the proprietary closed source gsm/umts subsystem) should be replaced by new libs in /system/lib/hw.
    Our proprietary libcamera should be replaced by new camera library in /system/lib/hw as well.
    Touchscreen requires either change in kernel via hacking module (quite complicated) or at the user space side (complicated as well).

At this point, ICS for Milestone looks very improbable - huge amount of work with very high possibility to be all in vain in the end.

Unless some much more qualified devs than me will do miracles allowing to interface the older (froyo!) proprietary libs under ICS, there won't be no ICS joy for Milestone.

Simply put: don't hold your breath!