[ROM][GB] Hybrid (Stock/CM7), Multilingual, Deblur

Search This thread

didopido

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks! Loki took down his website, so I still need to first try and find someone with a copy of his Webtop + Ubuntop upgrade to flash. I didn't realize how cool it was and just got my lapdock last week. It really is amazing with the Ubuntop. Returning to school this summer for my graduate degree, and with this, I could leave my laptop at home and have TONS of longevity and utility using Lapdock & my Mopho!

I'll keep an eye out for the next upgrade...you guys ROCK...you all make having a Mopho still fun and exciting! Thanks for all you ALL do for us!

I'd REALLY love to see someone pull off integrating his Webtop+Ubuntop into one of the CM9 builds! That would be incredible!

Gack69, I am in the same situation, love the ubuntop and want CM9 :). Which ROM are you using now with your lapdock and did you have any luck getting the WebTop to work with peetr's ROM? I have a copy of the Ubuntop if you need it, but I think Loki found a solution for his hosting and have his site back.

Last edited:

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
I went back old faithful Imperium, by Loki. It came with webtop. I just copied over the files to do the upgrade through webtop and it worked flawlessly. Using the standalone worked too, but borkes synaptic in the process, so just reverted to plain webtop and manually did the update and is flawless! Takes longer as it has to download everything then install but gets around the borked synaptic problem. I don't think peetra's hybrid rom is compatible yet? I believe he said he was working on it though. Too bad CM9 isn't compatible... Was loving my experiences there!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

didopido

Sep 15, 2008
I end up doing the same, tried few roms and the only one that worked with web top was the Imperum. I really liked the clean look of peetr's ROM, hopefully he will be able to get the webtop working on this ROM.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
I've got it working. :)
It was all only a signing problem.
I only need to modify something in contacts and upload tomorrow.
Don't know about webtop yet. Let's see. But HDMI fully working.

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
i have a question. i moved my music files to my external microsd card. playerpro and aosp music player won't recognize them. then i downloaded poweramp trial and it works just fine. recognized every files.

do you know what's the problem? anyone experienced this?

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
i have a question. i moved my music files to my external microsd card. playerpro and aosp music player won't recognize them. then i downloaded poweramp trial and it works just fine. recognized every files.

do you know what's the problem? anyone experienced this?

Clear data for those 2 apps. There also may be an option to scan for media in the apps.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: murrun

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Uploading v7:

- HDMI mirroring with resolution changer from "djeman" - this thread - thank him
- BlurSetup is out of the rom - you can access your accounts from settings and contacts - now it is fully deblured
- added Talk with video calling
- maybe wipe will be needed, but I am not sure
- I am not sure about the webtop yet, you can try, but I will install it and try myself later
- I had some problem with Market (code 403), but the problem stopped itself and did not returned, even after wipe, so I hope, noone will have it

v7 uploaded

Last edited:

jpborjav

Oct 15, 2011
Uploading v7:

- HDMI mirroring with resolution changer from "djeman" - this thread - thank him
- BlurSetup is out of the rom - you can access your accounts from settings and contacts - now it is fully deblured
- I am not sure about the webtop yet, you can try, but I will install it and try myself later
- I had some problem with Market (code 403), but the problem stopped itself and did not returned, even after wipe, so I hope, noone will have it

v7 uploaded

Finally a ROM with hdmi mirroring, im downloading it. I will try as soon as i get home.

Any bugs that i should know?

Reactions: anaragayevafr

jam97

Nov 3, 2009
HDMI mirroring works great.

Well done and thank you for your effort.

Last edited:

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Looks like I will have to start work on new Photon 2.3.5, for locked users. Because I switched the fuse with new radio. :) I am still unlocked with working android, but radio modem does not power up.

Edit: I managed to get the radio running again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is Electrify rom, completely deblured, except phone and hdmi features, with added cm7 and other apps and features,
    to minimize phone and hdmi issues and maximise usability of the hardware, using lightweight software,
    without needs to sync anything, like Blur. Google sync is enough and there are plenty of apps in Google play.
    And that all in many languages, which are included in AOSP, but someone took them out.

But still, it's not perfect and never will be. ;)

Made on my own unlocked GSM Photon, but works well on CDMA (Sprint) and Electrify (US Cellular) too.

Locked version also available. But still no 4g!

I am not responsible for any software or hardware damage or not working emergency calling. You don't have to use this.

If I am posting something I should not, tell me and I will delete it. I am just sharing this, because it´s good for me and could be good for someone else.

If anything does not work right after installation, do one more restart please.

Features:
    - based on Electrify 2.3.5_USC_19 firmware
    - 1.0 GHz stock 2.3.5_254_13 kernel
    - fully deblured (no support for anything using blur account and no social apps or widgets or features)
    - modified UI in many places (framework, statusbar, notification, settings and many remaining apps)
    - framework and most of apps translated to various languages (used translation from CM7) ...
    ... Russian is fully translated, Arabic support (not perfect)
    - updated zone info and ICU (8/12)
    - CM7 apps - SMS and MMS, Email, Calendar, Voice Dialing, Torch, File Manager, Sound Recorder, Keyboard, Screenshot
    - Nemus Launcher (Nenustech), Gallery ICS (Moblynx), Play Music (Google) ...
    ... FMRadio (Moto Froyo Defy but modified), My Phone Number (Lytsig), Resolution Changer (djeman) apps added
    - stock camera connected with Gallery ICS with 1080p video recording
    - 1% battery steps in statusbar, battery usage - everywhere
    - advanced Global Actions Menu - reboot, recovery, screen capture
    - CM notification toggles (10), with long click handling
    - HDMI mirroring with Resolution Changer and Webtop, both working without docks
    - automatic brightness levels modified, activated automatic backlight decreasing
    - CM download management without restrictions in downloading
    - unlocked APNs (you can edit them) accessible also for CDMA (Accounts & Battery & Data)
    - some little theming, including notification led
    - Moto data counter accessible (Accounts & Battery & Data) and fixed
    - lowered battery low notifications - 10% first, 2% second
    - volume wakeup, SD card switch, OC kernel and others - available as addons (flashable zips)
    - bootsound

History:
    Code:
    v4:
    - fonts, zone info from latest CM7 - arabic should be fine
    - lowered bootsound volume

v5:
    - more translated apps
    - included Russian from [B]Olegfusion[/B] - much more translated
    - arabic should be fine now
    - [B]advanced power menu[/B] - reboot, recovery - from Olegfusion 

v6:
    - changed the keyboard for cm7 keyboard with bigger dimensions
    - included better rtl patch for arabic from jam97 post
    - included more compact [B]notification toggles[/B] - first ported to Photon by [B]Rangerbry[/B] - thanks for that
    - made theme changes to notifications to unify colors

v7:
    - [B]HDMI mirroring[/B] with resolution changer from "[B]djeman[/B]" - [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501414"]this thread[/URL] - thank him
    - don´t remember

v8:
    -[B]webtop works[/B]
    -kernel from new Photon 2.3.5 leak
    -did some cdma changes, like eri.xml banner, setting Sprint and USC in build.prop, changed apns to match those in fixes thread - mms could work
    - some minor changes - changed wallpaper, added ringtones from cm7, some framework changes

v9:
    -Sprint fixes - apns - sending and receiving [B]MMS works[/B] - thanks to [B]bricky23[/B] for helping with this
    -CDMA - access to apn settings from Accounts&Battery&Data settings - no need for voice dialer
    -CDMA - changed carrier banner from US Cellular to "Home Network"
    -[B]Disabled scrolling cache[/B] - much improved scrolling and animations - applied the mod from this [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411317"]thread[/URL] - many many thanks to [B]AndroidON[/B], for this
    -Enabled [B]automatic backlight decreasing[/B], based on light sensor
    -Changed autobrightness levels

v10:
    -changed some core libraries from cm7
    -[B]Sprint mms[/B] fixed again (hopefully) - thanks [B]bricky23[/B]
    -some small changes in Blurphone.apk, and maybe something
    -added CMScreenShot.apk and added the [B]Screen Capture[/B] option in the power menu

v11:
    -some fixes, cleaning, lib changes, etc.
    -please install adobe flash from market
    -usb media sync fixed

v12:
    -reverted some lib changes, because of stability issues
    -repaired Speed dialing editing
    -repaired some games not running on v11
    -repaired bad looking gradients in pictures, by updating Gallery - I knew it was always there (in cm7)  ;)
    -5 bars signal strength mode (GSM) (CDMA? - who knows) 

v13:
    -changed notification toggles - used different cm7 like toggles, scrollable with longclick handling - ported from SGS lidroid mod - thanks to them, with cm7 and my modifications
    -modified 1% battery steps - now it's used everywhere in the system
    -fixed lockscreen - no more simcard warning
    -reverted back to Electrify 2.3.5 kernel - seems more stable and battery friendly to me
    -changed gapps (razr 2.3.6, I think it's the newest) 
    -changed gallery 3d sorting items to descending (videos are still the first, don't know why yet) 

v14:
    -changed download management from cm7 - no need for 3rd party app, to download anything
    -unlocked APNs, so you can edit the default
    -added Toggle 2g app from [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739530"]here[/URL], you can somehow use with CDMA too, but don't know, if it's useful there
    -changed default notification led to blue
    -removed ModemCutback (seems like it is not doing anything useful)
    -removed PolicyMgrService and Provider (it is for data saver and data saver is for Blur social apps and Market (Market has its own settings) - to do - removing from settings menu)
    -and some other minor changes (Google backup fixed, etc.)

v15:
    -repaired icons in Email.apk and Mms.apk
    -added support for volume and camera button wakeup - now you can just edit /system/usr/keylayout/tegra-kbc.kl for any key you like
    -repaired some settings texts for some languages (screen timeout, animations) + some cleaning
    -repaired flashlight button reboot by aquiring full wakelock, after 10 minutes of flashlight shining, there was no restart (I was a little feared, that I will burn those LEDs)
    -some more little changes to powerwidget (order, brightness button,...)
    -activated data meter with daily and tasks usage, but data meter resets on mobile data turning off (wifi on) - caused by not persistent ppp0 interface 

v16:
    -repaired data meter - no more resets on mobile data disconnection
    -activated development options in Browser (user agent, rendering, etc...)
    -removed panel with groups, search, add, from Contacts (groups are usable only with Blur apps, use search and menu button)
    -updated Nemus Launcher and Play Store
    -some minor tweaks

v17:
    -updated to Photon 254_13 kernel
    -removed Toggle 2G app
    -repaired sleep mode while charging
    -no more formating when flashing, only recursive deleting (I do not suggest to format system, it's not necessary)

v18:
    -3g data should be fine (persist.ril.uart.flowctrl) 
    -libaudio.so from 254_13 ota

v19:
    -format /system for unlocked is back, because of problems when installing after CM (ext4) roms
    -updated Mms app, Music app, Nemus Launcher, Play Store
    -some fixes in FM Radio app
    -changed wallpaper (even more blue color)

v20:
    -notification fix (ongoing)
    -removed Gallery 3D
    -added Gallery ICS from [B]Moblynx[/B] developer with his permission - works much better (better sorting of images, faster and prettier)
    -Blur Camera fixes (gallery, multishot upload removed, Czech translation just for me :P)
    -ICU and zone info updated

Issues:
    - Motorola and US Cellular specific texts are not translated
    - sms delivery reports not working
    - sim toolkit is not executable
    - don´t know ...

Programming menu code: #073887*
    Another codes: ##95*
    ##2539*
    ##387*
    ##626*

Thanks belong to CyanogenMod team, XDA people, Google, Motorola, Nemustech, Moblynx

Do not forget to calibrate the battery - it means - install, boot, (maybe reboot), charge 100%, wipe battery stats and /data/battd folder, discharge to 0% without any reboot (but you can use it ofcourse), plug your charger while holding power button to bypass charge only mode, do not unplug your charger or do not reboot, until it is 100% and use it anyhow you like...
    Then you can complain about battery. It means, not sooner than 2 days after installation. :p
    This calibration is not needed because of battery (it is lithium battery), but because of not very good Moto power statistics management. Battery can be charged anytime you like, but the phone can show only estimated battery values, based on charging and discharging.
    You can use this Battery Fix app for wiping.

Sorry for my English.

ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP FIRST.

YOU CAN USE ANY RECOVERY YOU LIKE.

ROM - unlocked version (no 4G):
    Download v19
    Download v20

ROM - locked version (no 4G):
    v20 for locked - ready for 254_13 ota, but flash 254_12 libmoto_ril.so after flashing the rom
    Signed 198_7 kernel with modules - only for 2.3.4 sv1 locked or unlocked users
    2.3.5_USC_19 modules - for locked 2.3.5 Electrify users (same like in v16)

KERNEL - unlocked:
    Overclocked MB860 mainline kernel - from Olegfusion - problem with webtop touchscreen
    Overclocked 198_7(6?) kernel - from Jokersax - I hope he don´t mind - no thanks for me - problem with setting your own frequencies
    Stock Electrify 2.3.5_USC_19 kernel - problem with lowmemorykiller module - missing or wtf? - never noticed before
    Stock Photon 2.3.5_254_13 kernel - looks like it´s the most stable

ADDON - locked and unlocked:
    Volume keys wake-up
    BlurCamera with gallery choice - mainly for Quickpic (pictures must be on internal SD)
    Blur keyboard
    SDcard switch - use only if you know and don´t mind, what switching cards does
    Possible VVM fix - just scroll down there, you will find it
    No notification toggles

RIL - locked and unlocked:
    Atrix - found helpful by matriX1218
    254_12
    198_7

THEME - locked and unlocked:
    Full ICS like theme - from Planters76
    Black and white - from murrun
    for unlocked users only, this is a blur kernel 1.3ghz with many fixes. rom flies here. compatible with this rom.
    First post updated - v12

Don´t know about roaming but probably has to be turned on in Settings - Accounts battery data - Data delivery and CDMA settings for automatic, but don´t know, how to make forced roaming

All games should be fine now.
    First post updated - v11

-some fixes, cleaning, lib changes (Photon 2.3.5)
    -adobe flash pluggin removed - install from market
    -usb media sync fixed

And who wants another number of signal bars, here is how-to:
    in build.prop -
    ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0
    ro.mot.phonemode.numsignalbars=4 or 5 or 6

Next version will be 5 bars. It shows accurate on GSM.
    Uploading v7:

v7 uploaded