[Oppo Finder x907] Looking for Root/CWM/ROM

Search This thread

ludovic.audoin

Apr 24, 2007
Grenoble
Hello,

just bought this fantastic phone in China. The question is to know if some non chinese ROM exists in order to use full google applications or is there any possibility to install google applications ?

I can have access to the Recovery but full chinese => Is there any chance to move to english ?

I think this smartphone is fantastic and need a English forum (most of the informations are in chinese) in order to fully use it.

BR

ludovic.audoin

Apr 24, 2007
Grenoble
Not really but perhaps I should spend more time to learn chinese ;)
One of my interest would be that a MiUI ROM (English) could be delivered. It seems one already works in chinese...but not official.

sebqas

Jul 19, 2012
I bought this phone too, you can download with your pc the Google Play APK, put on the phone the apk file, and install it with the explorer included into the original rom. With google play, you can dowload all the google application you need.

ludovic.audoin

Apr 24, 2007
Grenoble
I bought this phone too, you can download with your pc the Google Play APK, put on the phone the apk file, and install it with the explorer included into the original rom. With google play, you can dowload all the google application you need.

Ok, thanks for your answer. i'm going to try. I do not need any root or something else ?
It seems that also somebody was able to install MiUI...hopr it will be possible in the near future from MIUI website.

sebqas

Jul 19, 2012
No, no need to be root =)
If you want to root your phone, I can post the method here.
I hope that a MiUI ROM will be available for this phone =)

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
I'm toying with the idea buying this phone or the Oppo Find 5 when it comes out. Being able to mod the OS for english is my primary concern before purchasing.

I was even thinking of buy the Goophone. It would be awesome just irritate Iphone fanboys. The price for the Goophone is pretty cheap but the specs are a little lacking and not quite sure if the frequencies are right for ATT either.

andymsk

Sep 11, 2012
Hi all!
I have this phone about 3 weeks. I know how to do ROOT, and i have CWMRecovery.
And I have 4 most popular in China and stable nonofficial ROM with root.(EN supported)
If you need, i can post it to.

Reactions: AnGrY DuDe

sebqas

Jul 19, 2012
It will be great for us if you post all these unofficial ROM please =)
Is there french language by chance ?

Can you explain how did you change the Recovery menu too please

harcheng

Mar 7, 2011
Manila
Rooting Instructions + CWM (Chinese Only though)

Hey guys, I kinda unlocked it already and would like to share the procedure:

0. Download the following files:

driver_2012-01-31.rar - X907 Windows Drivers
anzhi-recovery-x907-cn-mod.7z - Root + CWM
Finder+Root.zip - Superuser/Busybox/etc
***Upload Finder+Root.zip first into your X907***

1. Power off the X907 by pressing the power button for more than 7 seconds (screen blanks off)

2. Go to fastboot mode by holding the upper volume button (+) and plug in any microUSB cable (plugged in to your PC of course). The X907 should stay in the "Find" boot screen. That should signal the fastboot mode and the phone then should be detected by the PC.

3. Use the driver_2012-01-31.rar file above to install drivers under Windows Device Manager

4. Once detected/identified properly, run rootx907.bat from the anzhi-recovery-x907-cn-mod.7z file.

5. Restart into Recovery Mode by first unplugging the microUSB cable then turning the device off (just press the power button for a few seconds until screen turns off) then press volume down (-) and power button together until the device vibrates, then let go of both buttons. Initially the screen should stay blank then it goes into CHINESE CWM

6. Now the confusing part - the CWM I found is only in Chinese so please bear with me. I've attached a photo of the CWM and the English counterpart of the choices. Select the SECOND option by navigating using the volume down (-) button then pressing the power button. Then press the power button again for the FIRST option to select a zip file from your SD card, then locate the Finder+Root.zip file and press the power button again.

2012-09-21_20.10.33.jpg

7. Go back and restart your device by selecting the FIRST option (as labeled in the photo above).

8. That's it! Hope everything goes well for you as it did with me ;)

**EDIT**
Sorry, forgot to mention my mishmash of sources:
http://bbs.gfan.com/android-4643314-1-1.html
http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-5256609-1-1.html
http://bbs.gfan.com/forum-1025-1.html <<For all the ROM goodness you want

Also, I find that the Thai roms are more stable. You can download them at oppothai.com :)

Last edited:

dintzishor

Sep 20, 2012
PLS Share

Hi all!
And I have 4 most popular in China and stable nonofficial ROM with root.(EN supported)

Pls share ... i have this phone around 3 weeks also, and it is a beautiful, but it is also anying with the chinese language.

gidii

Jan 25, 2009
Is it possible to root this phone and put CM9 on it or something? I really like the looks of this phone but I'm also in love with stock android..

ridwanhaji

Jan 26, 2011
root oppo finder x907

Thank you for your tutorial
now i have managed to root, install CMW
and installing the latest firmware 0928 Beta, although beta but more stable and smooth running.
thanks to:

1. Harcheng / Kinda for files and tutorials
2. XDA Forum and site
3. bbs.gfan.com and bleat 312
4. google translate :laugh:

Hopefully in the near future seniors can make a full english version of firmware modifications.
doit step by step, I have been successful and friends may also be able to do

moln4r

Oct 3, 2012
Budapest
www.oppofinder.org
Where to buy the OPPO Finder?

Hello!
i really happy to see you guys already on the way to get some CM to this phone...
thanks for the tutorials here!
i also want to ask where you buy those phones?
want to buy it, but i doesn't really know where...
i already found on this sites but can't decide where to order (or can i trust them) :
pandawill.com
chinatronic.com
victory-shop.com
liaow.com
aliexpress.com
android-sale.com

i know its on ebay too, but there it cost $100 more.
thanks for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting Instructions + CWM (Chinese Only though)

Hey guys, I kinda unlocked it already and would like to share the procedure:

0. Download the following files:

driver_2012-01-31.rar - X907 Windows Drivers
    anzhi-recovery-x907-cn-mod.7z - Root + CWM
    Finder+Root.zip - Superuser/Busybox/etc
    ***Upload Finder+Root.zip first into your X907***

1. Power off the X907 by pressing the power button for more than 7 seconds (screen blanks off)

2. Go to fastboot mode by holding the upper volume button (+) and plug in any microUSB cable (plugged in to your PC of course). The X907 should stay in the "Find" boot screen. That should signal the fastboot mode and the phone then should be detected by the PC.

3. Use the driver_2012-01-31.rar file above to install drivers under Windows Device Manager

4. Once detected/identified properly, run rootx907.bat from the anzhi-recovery-x907-cn-mod.7z file.

5. Restart into Recovery Mode by first unplugging the microUSB cable then turning the device off (just press the power button for a few seconds until screen turns off) then press volume down (-) and power button together until the device vibrates, then let go of both buttons. Initially the screen should stay blank then it goes into CHINESE CWM

6. Now the confusing part - the CWM I found is only in Chinese so please bear with me. I've attached a photo of the CWM and the English counterpart of the choices. Select the SECOND option by navigating using the volume down (-) button then pressing the power button. Then press the power button again for the FIRST option to select a zip file from your SD card, then locate the Finder+Root.zip file and press the power button again.

2012-09-21_20.10.33.jpg

7. Go back and restart your device by selecting the FIRST option (as labeled in the photo above).

8. That's it! Hope everything goes well for you as it did with me ;)

**EDIT**
    Sorry, forgot to mention my mishmash of sources:
    http://bbs.gfan.com/android-4643314-1-1.html
    http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-5256609-1-1.html
    http://bbs.gfan.com/forum-1025-1.html <<For all the ROM goodness you want

Also, I find that the Thai roms are more stable. You can download them at oppothai.com :)
    Hi, guys!

I've managed to port stock AOSP ROM with Android 4.1.2 from Xiaomi Mi-One.
    I've also integrated touch MIUI recovery found on chineese sites.
    The ROM has JB google apps and English and Russian languge.

Some bugs:
    Camera does not always open from lockscreen
    Settings app falls down when attempring to access Battery menu.

Enjoy!:)

dropbox .com/s/oyzwd3e3b4tuk92/oppo_x907_aosp_v1_eng.zip
    Hi all!
    Hello guys, I need your help.
    Two months ago I have experimented with MIUI ROMs for X907, and at the end returned to last stable official version. Recently, new MIU build is up, so I decided to try it out. However, it appears that when I flashed official version it also fleshed recovery. OK, no problem I will just flash some CWM recovery and flash new MIUI, but here is the problem, I can't flash custom recovery. I tried every one from this thread, and all of them report successful flashing, but I am still stuck with official one.
    I did all the regular stuff, drivers are up, phone is in flash mode, adb is recognising phone, recovery image is transferring, I have OK message on the end but, recovery stays official. Can you help me with this?

Hi, try to get a different rom.zip from different a source. Copy it to your sd card and use the existing recoveryto install it. If you are lucky you can now flash cmw. There are several roms that did not let me flash recovery. I use this method to get my nandroid backups back.
    If you want to stay with your rom, sometimes it works if you flash and immediately / really immediately after the pc is done, press the volume- key on your oppo. The device boots into new recovery. But once you reboot your old recovery will return. But that way you can use cmw recovery at least if you use your pc every time you need cmw.
    Best regards